Why are people still so obsessed with televisions in 2018? They need the biggest, the highest resolutions...

Why are people still so obsessed with televisions in 2018? They need the biggest, the highest resolutions, they need to stream, they need them hanging or sitting in every fucking room of their house. Tell them a TV bigger than the one they have is on sale and their eyes will widen. I honestly don't get it.

Attached: sony1.png (800x405, 399K)

I don't get it either. I rarely use any of the TVs in my house. two of them are my roommates.
he's always talking about how he needs some 60 inch tv because its on sale. but who really cares? he never even watches the TV in the living room

Social media fuelled insecurities about having to be better than others and judging the value of people by their consumption habits.

Of course this is nothing new, possessions have always been indicative of 'status' throughout history. Unfortunately in these commodity rich times, where tech is particularly quick to become outdated, everyone has to constantly compete to have the latest and greatest gimmicks. Because when your self-worth is derived from your possessions, why wouldn't you?

I got rid off my TV years ago. Now I watch everything on my computer monitor.

Retrogaming.

> When I was younger, I broke a TV identical to the right one
> I want to get the same TV, but they are rare now.

Attached: 1459479536214.jpg (208x250, 8K)

>65570422
This user gave a /thread answer. I know a couple of people who are hunting for old televisions for that exact reason. If I wasnt a poorfag and had a place of my own, I'd probably go after them as well.
Holy fuck, I had the one on the right too. Countless hours on SNES and PS1.

-A need to be better than their neighbors, as though their merits are tied to their possessions.
-Force of habit. Young people seem to be realizing(or have realized) that the internet can provide them with everything on TV and then some. TVs are simpler, and a lot of older people can't be bothered with a computer.
-Modern day use comes down to retro gaming, as already stated.

As long as you don't do the retard smug "I never watch TV" spiel while binge watching two seasons every weekend.

>they need to stream
You kinda lost me there. Boomers love huge TVs, but they don't stream as much.

idk

Attached: Screenshot_20180415-114119.png (1080x1920, 2.05M)

TV or radio is must have item, because working in garage without radio is boring.
Sure, you can play music from MP3 player or phone, but it not radio.

FACT: Humans can't see more than 30fps and the human eye has the resolution of exactly 720x480.

Attached: nXZnHaN.jpg (500x504, 40K)

>Why are people still so obsessed with televisions in 2018?
Who is obsessed with televisions? I can't think of one person I know that is like "I can't wait to go home from work to my TV"

>Humans can't see more than 30fps
How then I can see 100 Hz flicker of LED shitbulbs?

Furthermore we only have access to 256 colors (fewer if you are colorblind)

op wasnt even talking about CRTs

Who? Literally no one I know watches TV anymore. Are you hanging out with boomers?

Attached: 4pchiVC.jpg (670x503, 41K)

I want the best image quality possible when watching my Blu-ray rips of obscure French art films. Plus it's basically a cheap 4k monitor for doing work on (obviously a monitor is lower latency for gayming but 4k TVs are cheap as fuck)

>for gayming
High latency on a device you're giving input to constantly is stressful and jarring. Some TVs have reasonable response times, but many are completely unacceptable. It's bearable for a while in a pinch, but trying to use one as your main monitor is a mistake.

I don't know anyone under 30 and older than 15 that watches TV.

Did you even read OPs post?

Attached: source.gif (2048x2048, 1.46M)

It's just for putting PDFs and notes on.

Good job reading OPs post.

Attached: 5fd.png (680x666, 50K)

A thread died for this.

Look, it’s another episode of ‘living with autism’.