Has anybody else dealt with stutter? not the kind that goes away if you troubleshoot hard enough, no...

Has anybody else dealt with stutter? not the kind that goes away if you troubleshoot hard enough, no, the kind that you cant ever fucking get rid of no matter what you try? this is what im dealing with. Looking to see if you guys have any ideas of what could be going on.
Intel 4770k
Gtx 1080 fe
asus sabertooth z87
144hz gsync monitor
windows 10

Attached: FarCry5 2018-04-16 11-20-56-55-Time.png (2552x1304, 236K)

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

I've realized the problem.
You're using an intel processor.

This is too much of a pain to solve, just turn on g-sync and hope it helps. Or try overclocking and capping the framerate.

stutter is caused by 2 thigns

1) cpu bottleneck
2) gpu drivers

its almost never drivers, and almost always the cpu hitting 100%

the best way to fix this is make the gpu the bottleneck.
super sample your shit to 4k, the gpu will be 100%, but the cpu should ride somewhere between 50-70% outside of explosions.

>disable stuff until you find the source of the stutter
>start with your games

how old are you
go post on /v/ only from now on
thanks

>Ubisoft

Probably just the DRM fucking you over. Should have just pirated the game m8.

yeah

on gnome 3.26/28 with wayland session
the compositor makes mpv playback a shit

how i got rid of it?
by using weston instead
or just xorg with i3/openbox

Why can’t Jow Forums ever have ethical discussions?
Btw not OP. I think these stutters have to do with being on build 1709 OP, when the spring update comes around soon try that out and see if it helps. I get bad frametimes in some games and I can feel these small hiccups or micro stutter show up for a second and then it’s gone. 6700K 4.5 and 1080 ti oc. Temps are fine and cpu isn’t maxed out. Google “Nvidia fall creator update stuttering” and you will see it’s an issue with windows.

I’m sure Jow Forums will give you the whole “works fine on my machine” when they play at 45 FPS or some low frame rate and on medium settings. Also some people can’t see stutters, I’ve had my brother tell me he does not notice then, but Jow Forums is too stupid to read frametimes and think 144hz are a meme because half the people on here are so fucking poor and virgin webs

-TLDR windows 10 1709 is a mess and spring update build might be the fix.

Attached: E66C33BA-B8B5-46A6-A3F3-35208D1BDE3B.png (2000x625, 102K)

underrated

Side note sometimes it’s just the games themselves. Devs have to meet a 16.7 Ms time windows to draw each frame. Doing that they have to make sure there isn’t too many objects on screen or the the game won’t reach the right time frame and thus you get stutter. Some devs are just fucking trash. So if spring build doesn’t fix it then just wait for dx 12 or Vulkan games, doom ran great and smooth with little to no stutter! Still does today. Idk what the fuck Bethesda did, but they did a great job with doom. Just wish they added multi gpu support in Vulkan games rather than being fucking lazy

where am I wrong?

You do know that by posting here, you are Jow Forums too.

I had the same issue in pubg forza 7 and a bunch of other titles
Some games just dogshit crap made ports

Huh weird I saw game mode can cause this as well but you can't even turn it off anymore

The stutters come from the fact that nvidia isn't keeping up with windows updates. 1803 coming out won't fix the stutter because nvidia hasn't bothered, and they're banning everyone who brings it up in their forums. Particularly 1xxx cards have been struggling since they came out honestly.
You can probably also blame microsoft for releasing updates more frequently.

Guess we need to replace nvidia.

> he can't extrapolate o-log complexity from dots

fucking newfag

It's off by default. People also point to fullscreen optimization but again even with it off the problem occurs. People come up with a million and 3 workarounds, and they may temporarily work but the issue is guaranteed to comeback because they are not the source problem.
Nvidia and Microsoft need to get their shit together.

AMD has the same issue dumb ass. I have both Vega 64 and 1080 ti

AMD shills need to stop being so poor and buy both hardware to actually fight with a side

Look, this isn't about teams so kys with that retarded ass "fight with a side" shit, but AMD is absolutely not suffering with the same fucking issue for this fucking long.
Nvidia needs to be held accountable, stop making excuses for them.

Mmm
Wish amd fired raja earlier
Polaris was a fluke but fury was aweful just like vega

Can confirm I had a 390x and it was silky smooth at 1080p
GTX 1080 on the other hand was a fucking stuttering mess it's so bad I can't play most games
Wish amd would hurry the fuck up and drop mcm but it's a long way off and Navi sounds poo

check DPC

Chances are you are being forcibly preempted by the OS if the game uses the CPU without ever yielding. Putting a framerate cap that is by some margin lower than the average should greatly alleviate the issue.