Lad

9to5google.com/2018/04/16/android-p-navigation-recents-multitasking-ui-leak-gallery/

Attached: wew.png (843x666, 767K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=slim recents
youtu.be/4nRouy5VYbI?t=5m29s
cynic.cc/blog/posts/installing_meego_on_the_n900/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: android-p-21.png (329x585, 41K)

Attached: android-p-31.png (329x585, 44K)

looks same

Attached: obey blank.jpg (415x546, 47K)

Looks like webOS

looks like ios

which, in turn, looks like webOS

wew finally
I missed MeeGo and WebOS

>not implementing the best multitasking

Attached: Screenshot_Clover_dev_20180417-161643.png (1080x1920, 480K)

ew

What is this. Seems interesting

It's called slim recents

Pretty sure I'm not gonna use it ever.
I once flashed a ROM that had something similar. Looked it up and flashed another ROM without it.

I was looking up this 2gis and it looks awesome, is it based on OpenStreetMap?
I use maps.me, but the lack of public transport routing really kills it for me

How can I get this

lmgtfy.com/?q=slim recents

that looks satisfying

What is this 9to5shit?

>2018
>not knowing Apple copied HP, Palm, google and Sony to the point where everything looks like eachother....

This used to be a tech board...

Current one is better. You can see more apps and theres really no need for this to change. Theres also no need to change nav buttons to this swipe shit.

seeing more is seeing less. i use it mainly to take a look at my last app, like reading an article while writing a message about it, without leaving the messaging application

>name of the application is hidden by other app "card"
Just

>currently
File cabinet-like, with each tab being properly labeled at the top.

>iDroid 9
Can't see shit senpai. Literally a pile of paper.

Attached: serveimage(2).jpg (360x640, 64K)

This. Not only is there now less room to see whichever tab is in front, but you can't see any of the labels now. This is stupid as fuck.

Dear Google,

I do not want a knock-off iphone. I bought an Android phone because ICS was goddamn beautiful and wasn't a cheap iphone copy, because Android did things it's own way and if apple didn't do it that way, fuck em, they can do their thing. Since Nougat, you've been slipping and copying the whole ios interface with a weird android spin on it and the result is abhorrent. Please crucify whoever thought the bottom tabs from ios 1.0 was better than the ICS and JB swipeable top tabs, they are clearly braindead idiots.
Please stop changing the UI for the worse, grow some balls and do something interesting. iphone is giving plebs that buy it a pressure sensitive screen and whatever bullshit name HD rumble on ios goes by, which are actually features that could enhance android, but instead you implement notch support on P, a new bullshit gesture based nav bar and a revolting refresh of the multitasking menu. These are shameless iphone copies and make android worse because of it.

We need Matias Duarte to fire the whole UI team and train a new lot up from scratch and move Android in it's own direction instead of feeling like it's becoming the CSG version of ios

Oh wow so they literally copied apple, just mirrored it.
So this is the power of outsourced pajeet code farms. Thanks Jewgle.

who the fuck thought the notch was interesting
who the fuck thought side scrolling tabs was interesting
I swear I want to murder this faggot

Objectively best look for multitasking

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-17-16-31-45-807_com.android.systemui.png (1080x1920, 1.67M)

holy shit. I'm somewhat of a google fanboye, but this is just straight up retarded. I can't imagine them releasing it like that.

kek, I'm guessing this is where the notch will be?

Attached: 1523943824109.png (329x585, 50K)

right aligned icons, swipe l-r on the nav bar to scroll b/w apps, swipe up to go to focused app. could just about work if it's done that way.

>multi tasking on a phone
wew

Oh wow so they literally copied Android, just made it horizontal.
So this is the power of outsourced pajeet code farms. Thanks Apple.

Xiameme? Looks good desu

It seems Google is really into round cornered cards now...

This, at least on iOS. I use it to message someone about a topic without leaving the app to go back and memorize it and return to continue typing.

designed like iphone for poor chinks and indishits

>just rotate the phone and it is only slightly worse than before

this

they are so fucking retarded, why do they keep changing design and making it worse with every iteration of android

>but the lack of public transport routing really kills it for me
Try "HereWeGo". Excellent route making.

youtu.be/4nRouy5VYbI?t=5m29s

>reading an article while writing a message about it, without leaving the messaging application
Use two window mode.

You are unfair. Android does a lot of things better than Apple in part because if the new UI.
For example, changing WiFi doesn't require opening settings like it does on iOS. I'd say Apple is trying to copy Google.

who's multi tasking right now?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-17-19-14-51-700_smugcat93.chanburauza.png (1080x1920, 690K)

My Palm Pre had this in 2009.

Are you using official YouTube app?

Attached: Screenshot_20180417-192323.png (1080x1920, 423K)

First the headphone jack, then the notch, now this.
Fuck Apple and fuck everyone who copies their shitty decisions.

Attached: 1497352076197.gif (320x218, 986K)

Hello fellow Xiaomeme owner.

I hope we'll be able to switch back to the old style. But the new navigation bar is really great. The Recents button is harder to reach if you're holding the phone with one hand so swiping up on the home button is much more accessible, and the fact that the back button now disappears when you can't use it is great.

>back button is still on the left side

Attached: 1455398722634.png (348x301, 128K)

where else would it be???

fuck off samsoy

They took the shitty iOS interface and somehow made it worse.
What's the point of this when most phones are going with the taller 18:9 aspect ratio? Wouldn't a vertical app switcher be superior?

>more Material Design cancer
>more copying Apple
Androidfags will continue to defend this insanity

I don't, I'm shocked

I read that there's some patent for a Samsung phone with a notch.
I know Essential phone did it first, but Apple def had in the works before that. It's fucking sad how Android manufacturers just blatantly follow Apple. I'm already seeing phones with vertical camera bumps.

good god man
thank god pajeets keep updating android on xda. im never using this

finally someone else gets it.
Luckily, Xiaomi gets it right, and puts the back button on the right.

Vertical scrolling is also much more convenient

Yes, the left, where it rightfully belongs
Heathens like yourself can rejoice that it is now (AFAIK) a stock Android feature to be able to configure the navigation bar

I can't get OTA with Android P, because my build is "newer".

What do you mean? I had a meego/maemo n900. Android has had multitasking and shared screen for years.

vertical motions are easier to do. it's more comfortable to scroll through things that way.
swiping something away with a vertical motion feels clunky. horizontally, when you swipe something away it quickly gets to the edge of screen and off of it.

N900 is definitely just Maemo
"Meego" is a Nokia N9 (still Maemo, but Nokia was under contract with Intel to launch a "Meego phone" - the N9 included some Meego libraries but was still Debian and not Red Hat as Meego was supposed to be)
WebOS came first
N9 came best
BB10 came last
>And now Apple has "invented" gestures five years afterwards

So it's Palm's WebOS?

Does anyone use WebOS? What's it like?

>copied
*made better

I have a Palm Pre2 that I occasionally use for shitposting. Its rather elegant, if a bit old. No real app selection anymore, so some things are harder than others, but its easy to get root access (ssh), doesn't really slow down, and is just pleasant to use

I had the first Pre and The Pixi, Pixi was like was better BlackBerry in my opinion. I miss the Pre though. Was my first "real" Smartphone. The simple days when you could say "oh shit, I'm shitposting from the beach and I can stream music to my mobile!?"

> (You)
>N900 is definitely just Maemo

cynic.cc/blog/posts/installing_meego_on_the_n900/

N900 could run meego

hmmmmmmmmm

Attached: iphone-x-app-switcher-1.jpg (300x600, 88K)

Thats just an app switcher. Multitasking means you run multiple programs at the same time, not you hopping from one running to another.

Hmmmhmmhmm

>android

Attached: BFZD3.gif (320x240, 981K)

Yeah it sucks.

Material Design is the single most beautiful modern design of anything, period. It changed the world and the idea of what tech UIs should look like.
Now that shit, it's not even material with those rounded corners, not to mention dysfunctional.
As i thought, Google ruined everything with Material 2.0, luckily knowing google they will bipedal everything

Because normies need to see big fat changes in the experience to think its something new and they've run out of things that can actually be improved with big fat changes.