/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/5XrUEbBK

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread: >65560298

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youpak.com/watch?v=mCPjoPG7i0g
youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4
youtube.com/watch?v=75gCMFxCzE8
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-fulla-v1-dac-and-headphone-amplifier.2641
youtu.be/AFvUyK1oQRQ
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/4/17/17246144/sennheiser-300-pro-headphones-line-content-creators
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: F99B9C40-3615-49BC-8AC7-787359FBF056.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

>fucking up the previous thread link
>that OP image
yikers

We have hit a new low, I'm okay with this

Someone had to do it ;^)

What's an upgrade path from the AF180 sub-$700? I just want something neutral with good bass presence, prominent mids, and clear, sparkly highs.

>prominent bass
>prominent midrange
>prominent treble
yikes

Nowhere to go but up.

What are your favorite headphones, Mr. Yikes poster?

That was my first yikes post actually, I was a little naughty I know. I couldn't help myself

HD600

Where can i get my hands on a AK70mk2 in canada?

yikes

>HD 6XX
I've had these guys for a while now and I've been using them without an Amp

Can you guys recommend an Amp that is ~$100 or less?

And, is there such a thing as an Amp that is *also* a phantom power supply for a mic?

I never said I wanted bass to be prominent, just present. Also, treble being sparkly != prominent, just detailed, extended, and not rolled off.

Save money for a real amp or just keep rocking the motherboard power.

You're not going to hear changes off the babywattage available from 100 USD.

SMSL sAp VI is an alright amp for ~$50

It's not half bad quality-wise, and will power literally anything you throw at it.

>an amp that is also a phantom power source
I mean, a lot of mixers have amps built into them. That's pretty much your best bet.

kill yourself

Attached: neckyourself3.png (150x84, 23K)

just two years later my AKG 545, just broke, what headphones should I buy for replacement?

Attached: akg-akg-545-blk-kopfhorer-schwarz-29750-1.jpg (786x587, 23K)

try some proper akg headphones

Attached: ca76308b-8892-4f8b-b2a9-a92951a99de9.png._CB290005982_.png (963x1024, 792K)

can you just get them repaired?

I was looking that, probably will buy

Not enough chinese cartoons for your discerning taste, user?

>just broke
How exactly? Might as well be rather easily repairable.
If they simply flat out disintegrated like a Spın̈al Tap drummer, then I'd say start looking for new ones.

I want a tube amp that actually adds warmth and colorization. Those cheap tubes you see on amazon and ebay are proven to be snake oil decoration, so what are my options? also holy shit DT770s are uncomfortable, I returned mine not too long ago. they sound wonderful and everything but stop squeezing my damn skull

i wouldn't wish that on anyone

Bottlehead Crack + Speedball upgrade

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: hpg_setup_hpg_mkg_ed.png (1280x960, 1.64M)

Isn't the Speedball upgrade generally considered to make the Crack sound less 'tubey'?

Still use my HD598s.
I bought pic related a while ago. I want to like them but these trash cans have the frequency response range that equivalent to that of a tin waste bin. Every single hi hat, snare, or shaker you could hear in a song is smashed into your brain like broken glass and offends the ears. Don't buy these memes.
>but just eq them, faggot.
Doesn't work.
They're sturdy, good build quality and that's about it. They offend the sense of hearing.

Attached: ATHM50x-large.jpg (593x750, 34K)

I came here for anime feet and stayed for headphones. What the fuck have you guys done with this general?

Might as well request music recommendations.

Anyone can recommend similar songs found in youpak.com/watch?v=mCPjoPG7i0g
It's super captivating.

Attached: 1474087195780.png (232x293, 41K)

You'd probably like Luv' and Abba

if that fails just listen to more Boney M

oh my fucking god my DICK IS SO ERECT

youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

YES I NEED MORE

Ok, so I need to get audio from 2PCs into 1 pair of headphones at the same time. I wanna use some simple mixer. Will using mixer fuck up sound quality my dac puts into it?
halp /hpg/

Ready for a based Finnish version of Dschinghis Khan's namesake song?
youtube.com/watch?v=75gCMFxCzE8

Attached: frederik13.jpg (600x400, 52K)

Shilling HD600 when there is a strictly superior model available baka when will this thread learn

Attached: P1020026.jpg (1500x844, 211K)

oh my god my hd600 snapped

Attached: unsnappable.jpg (3797x2848, 1.85M)

who is she and how can I fuck her

Good sound
Mic can be folded
Durable cables (fabric, not plastics)
Stylish

Owned them for 4 years, the frame cover plastics wears off on the headphones, but very good nonetheless.

Attached: 81xlboCOT9L._SL1500_.jpg (1348x1500, 143K)

Are the 58X worth it or are they going to be strictly worse than the 6XX ?

Logishit like that is stylish to you? Really? It looks like a children's toy to me.

I had to use them for a week when my amp died back in 2014 and they were so bad that I completely stopped listening to any music and just used them for VoIP.
I think those $30 Sony iems the "ex" series even sound many times better.

HD6XX is much more preferable

Attached: green is HD58X, grey HD650.png (600x400, 19K)

Attached: HD6XX FR.png (914x639, 65K)

Oh, and by the way, the HD58X is NOT an HD580. It's a completely different driver. If you wanted an HD580, find a used one for sale somewhere. They're relatively cheap.

Where can I find reasonably priced MDR-V6? There's literally none in my country and amazon refuses international shipping after I go through all the checkout steps.

sup Tyler

Get the Little Dot Mk2. Perfect entry tube amp for the 6XX's. Buy one second hand if you have to. Seriously, going from no amp to a tube amp on those things will blow you away.

Will passive mixer even help my case? I'm looking into mixers because of ground loop. Otherwise I'd just line in that bitch...

Darkvoice with custom tubes

>schitt stack
ew

Why do you want a V6? It kinda sucks. Buy a Takstar Pro 82 instead. It sounds much better, is much more comfortable, and about the same price.

>implying you don't look dumb with any headphones (beats included)

Might aswell be comfy

Then buy comfy headphones, not gamer shit made in China.

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-fulla-v1-dac-and-headphone-amplifier.2641
yikes

Attached: Schiit Fulla V1 channel imbalance part 2 measurement.png (1346x821, 61K)

Trying to get the housings of pic related opened for a recabling, but this chinkshit has turned to be held together too well!

I've come across pictures of Piston 2s recabled and with the housings apart, so it's clear it can be done, but I just haven't been able to get them opened. I've tried with bare hands and silicone jar opening mat - nothing. Pliers with the jaws wrapped with tape - no luck and still ended up slightly gouging the nozzles. Self-made pulling tool fashioned from thick styrene sheet with a hole and slit for slipping in the nozzle - still nothing.
The bastards just refuse to budge. And due to the way the housing halves join and how long the joining surfaces are, it's pretty much impossible to cram any kind of tools in the join either.

Any ideas?
I've also tried carefully running a tiny amount of thinner in the housing joint in hopes of loosening possible adhesive, but also to no avail. The last thing I've been thinking of is heating up with a hair dryer, but I guess that wouldn't be of any help since the housing halves are made of the same metal, and would expand equally.

Attached: Xiaomi-Piston-2-Earphone-3-5mm-Jack-Earphones-In-Ear-Dr-Dre-Headphones-With-Mic-Fone-2.jpg (800x800, 91K)

Why a grown man uses this kind of product, its beyond me...

>compressed skull drilling $500 mids vs decades perfected $200 neutrality

really makes me think

>>schitt stack
>ew
says the tube ignoranamus

well, the right speaker sounds very low and the sound is distorted, i tried changing the cable for a new one , and using it with other devices, but the same result.

Could have been the jack but truthfully AKG are not worth the bother. Builds are flimsy as heck and not as straightforward to disassemble and repair as a beyer or sen. They also don't carry stock parts for things like earpads on the models they don't care about, such as their closed headphones. So if you have a closed AKG and your earpads are dying, flaking, you will never be able to get the stock sound again unless you know how to eq it back while using third party pads.

Could be the socket in the ear cup. Does carefully jiggling the cable plug when connected make a difference?
If not, and you're sure it's not just the cable (unlike, since you said you've tried with a new one), then it's likely either some issue with the headphone's internal wiring and/or soldering, or the driver itself. I'd start by taking apart the right side cup and checking the connections there.

I will try that, before buying the k702

would the new stax flagship likely be similar price to the 009 or would it be 10 grand or something, thinking about waiting to get it but I don't know their historical pricing structure

Got myself this one

Attached: IMG_20180417_103510612~2.jpg (2343x3647, 1.47M)

Attached: IMG_20180417_104248930_LL~2.jpg (2158x2331, 687K)

I have an NFB-11, actually.

Presentation is nice.

Attached: IMG_20180417_103657617~2.jpg (3465x2147, 1.36M)

Im using my headphones every day for 3 or 4 hours how long will they last ?

disgusting

depends on the headphones lol, also depends on how well you take care of them and how loud you use them. most headphones will last at least 10-15 years though.

>10-15 years
kek, I would be glad if they last at least 3 years

How am I supposed to know, user?

How do I fix heaphones when they start to lose sound from extensive pinching of the cable?

Attached: 1507164853573.jpg (823x738, 75K)

Came here for anime feet, but I guess an axent wear is fine too. Are those actually decent as headphones?

If I was only going to use them for casual fps gaming, would you recommend them?

you can get cheap superlux strictly for gaming, they cost like 30$

On Amazon, the G430 are on sale for $37.

best dac reviews?

youtu.be/AFvUyK1oQRQ

Audiosciencereviews are the best by a large margin at the moment. They're still building their database and focusing on budget DACs but its coming along well. A true blessing to audio enthusiasts, we've needed real data like this for a long time.

>before buying the k702
don't buy another AKG if you want something that last longer

Aight boys, i pulled the trigger on massdrops hd 6xx, am i fucked for life? (i love the sound of shp 9500 btw)

Attached: 1523554502134.png (600x745, 432K)

is there a affordable, good headphone amp with a dB readout?

Channel mismatch. Common for cheap pots.

009 isn't much more expensive than older models once you factor inflation.
Headphone prices are creeping up faster than that. Don't know if Stax will resist. They have an expanding market of millionaire Chinese audiophiles with nothing better to spend their money on.

Idol trash here. Using the shit with no issues. Note this is the Uber mode, not powered by USB. Computer isn't even attached by usb but spdif coax.

For the first time in decades, Sennheiser is going to release a closed headphone that doesn't suck. At least if they stay true to their word.
>Sennheiser engineers based the new line of headphones on the HD 250 Linear model.
I'm actually excited.
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/4/17/17246144/sennheiser-300-pro-headphones-line-content-creators

Somewhat exciting. Hopefully the FR will be sensible, and not the gigantic midbass-humped niggerbass crazyness HD380 are.

I'm more intrigued by the idea that Senn is releasing a headphone that doesn't have muted treble outside of the HD700/HD800.

with less channel imbalance, that's a winner.

Attached: win.jpg (1194x490, 91K)

Or HD600. Keep in mind its treble is above harman.

And it still sounds veiled. Sennhesier magic.

No. That's the HD650.
HD600 absolutely doesn't sound veiled.

>HD600 absolutely doesn't sound veiled.
True. From personal exp it's not that many dB that separates HD650 from veil so I would expect the HD600 to not sound veiled. Still needs moar bass though.
250 II looks perfect on paper. If the new headphone can do this they have a HIT.

Attached: thesebootsaremadeforwalking.jpg (179x239, 25K)

Attached: 600650.jpg (802x437, 45K)

r8

Attached: OWO.png (1462x652, 722K)

garbage wife and headphone
I don't know the album but it's prolly trash too