Microsoft releasing Linux-based Operating System

YT link: youtu.be/0pOt3MxOSSY

Ok, if you are me like me, the first OS that it comes to mind it's xBSD.
We have all to change to the same "kernel OS", so the community can continue living. Maybe the different types of BSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD, could be something for us to play with.
Also the companies like Steam which seems for real to have interest in we Linux users to sell us binary based good games; the problem with this is that I think the BSD license as it is right now, would not let this kind of applications run on BSD. The same goes for Spotify, etc. (I don't even want to write about NVIDIA binary kernels).
They killed OpenSolaris (I will never shut up about this), and I'm not familiar with Haiku, so.... what to do guys? This just popped up on Twitter before I was going to start reading a book called "War & Peace" by Leo Tolstoy on my bed, no joke.
We need Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds together, arguing about the real enemy, and let aside their differences.

Attached: brlwl.png (859x486, 82K)

EMBRACE...

Can mods please sticky this? I can't think of any Jow Forums related news more important than this. Please, don't slack guys, make your own post, pin this, do what you think is better, but make the most people aware of this, PLEASE MODS.

Attached: mastodonoops.gif (578x578, 93K)

bump

>We have all to change to the same "kernel OS", so the community can continue living.
If that's the case, then it should be Torvald's Linux kernel.

> It will be focused on Internet of Things (IoT) type devices
Why should I care about this?

< Stallman Was Right >

>mods can we please sticky this post promoting my youtube channel

nice try jewboy

This was so obvious from the start. Why the hell didn't anyone in Ubuntu, Debian, etc. who were falling over themselves to welcome MS into he fold (including Linux Foundation) see this at the start?

I'm hyped. Even I don't like Microsoft, this could be big for the (gnu)Linux world.

Because they'll use their influence to change Linux to be a more MS-friendly platform.

And we though Red Hat was bad.
We are for a wild ride.

Attached: 6bc.png (680x680, 272K)

Red Hat is bad. Everything they do to force their products (systemd being the most blatant) is textbook EEE.

Fucking KEK

Your computer is a internet of things dumbass

>We need Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds together, arguing about the real enemy, and let aside their differences.
Linus doesn't give a shit about freedumbs he just wants to write his kernel

Shouldn't he be making moves to ensure it remains his kernel then?

I think with the way Windows is going, it will eventually go linux, just as an evolutionary step. Sorta like how we have Wine in linux.

why is lunduke such a fag?
he talks about "news" but then he literally just repeats one thing over and over, instead of talking about the full picture.
now that I think about it, that's exactly what the msm does too
welp, carry on

With them being a major (financial) player in Linux that's not a good thing.

I know nothing about this, what is going on with this then?

All these youtube news guys do the same thing.
Are you new or something,the video has to be 10 minutes long so they can monetize it or something

midroll ads

Red Hat has years of experience and a dedicated hackers company to get always first on the security field. They have contributed to the Linux Kernel a la par with Debian.
Stop spreading false things.

Great. I love Microsoft. My favorite IT company.

>They have contributed to the Linux Kernel a la par with Debian.
Which isn't a good thing considering their behaviour with other things.

Not my channel idiot. I don't even have one. This is not thr time to divide us by such a random thing as religion.
PD I'm a Christian Orthodox

I'm not in the youtube sphere, if that's what you mean by new.
the couple videos I watch sometimes I do via mpv+yt-dl

I only watched one other video of lunduke couple months ago posted here and it was (as you said) him 10 minutes talking about the same thing where he had to repeat himself over and over and every so often he would released some new bit of info

It doesn't matter legally. The Linux Kernel is GPL v2.
You can take it, change it for your product, close the code, and fuck Torvalds.
This is why Stallman was right.
It is not Linux. It always should have been GNU/Linux.

Die, infidel scum!
t. same

Shut the fuck up jewboy, I will never sticky your post and channel

looks cool

Attached: screenshot[1].png (898x392, 72K)

At the core of Azure Sphere is a new class of certified MCUs. As Microsoft president and chief legal officer Brad Smith stressed in today’s announcement, Microsoft will license these new Azure Sphere chips for free, in hopes to jump-start the Azure Sphere ecosystem.

>Because it’s hard to secure a device you can’t update or get telemetry from, it’s no surprise that these devices will feature built-in connectivity. And with that connectivity, these devices can also connect to the (((Azure Sphere Security Service))) in the (((cloud))).

He's always right.

>close the code
>GPL
Pick one.

>blocks your path

Attached: ZhFjJ6L-[1].jpg (250x250, 18K)

>We need Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds together, arguing about the real enemy, and let aside their differences.
There is no real problem. Linux kernel is GPL v2, GNU also uses some sort of GPL.
They actually can contribute to kernel fixes.
Also there is no reason in hiding source code of Linux, since it is open. It is like FagOS X, kernel is free, but shell is not.

What the fuck I love microsoft now!