What would be better for a $200 inexpensive travel in 3rd world laptop that I can code on?

what would be better for a $200 inexpensive travel in 3rd world laptop that I can code on?

A Chromebook or a Netbook?

Attached: 500.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nortephoto.photoshelter.com/image/I0000lSR0G18C8Lo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The one that has bigger battery.
$200 netbook you are looking at 1500mah which is fucking nothing

is that ramone?

so a chromebook would be the best option battery wise?

I saw you could just install Linux on them just like you can on netbooks, on a Chromebook with Linux would I be able to code in Python, R, State etc? (is the packages easy to attain via command prompt like in windows 10?)

Attached: 5cpxqc9wfr801.png (984x722, 424K)

Why do you want to live like you're on the run or something?

Get a Thinkpad.

the only real answer

Attached: a high schooler.png (600x822, 663K)

thinkpads are large/bulky and battery's don't last long enough

If I wasn't pressed for backpack space I would go that route.
Im just traveling in the 3rd world and I dont want to bring an my expensive laptop

I had a c720 running arch. Pretty comfy. Thinkpad x220 is probably better tho.

seems so

this dude is the definition of JUST

Seems you've made up your mind then. Personally though, if I was traveling, I'd want a laptop with a replaceable battery so I could keep a backup.

Get a chomebook and put linux on it. Don't listen to the memers saying second hand thinkpad - they're bulky and the battery will be shit.

I just replaced my Acer C720. It's served me reasonably well, but the small SSD and RAM is starting to limit me.

I'm 2gb model was a bit frustrating but fine desu. The SSD is upgradable though, I ended up with 128GB.

Also OP if you read that shit doesn't work on a c720, check the date of that blog/report. Everything worked out of the box on Kernel 4+ for me (arch).

>2gb model was a bit frustrating but fine desu
It was fine for me until I started doing android development.

>Don't listen to the memers saying second hand thinkpad - they're bulky and the battery will be shit.
yep, thats why I chose not to go with refurbished too, battery life a shit + bulk
>I just replaced my Acer C720. It's served me reasonably well, but the small SSD and RAM is starting to limit me.
will 16 GB be enough for a Linux + various coding workspaces? Ill be using cloud storage and SD card for the actual files so I don't need excess storage
if laptop A lasts as long as laptop B with a battery replacement then laptop A is the superior choice, especially since excess things suck to carry when traveling, I was just curious on Jow Forums's opinion on a chromebook.

>Also OP if you read that shit doesn't work on a c720, check the date of that blog/report. Everything worked out of the box on Kernel 4+ for me (arch).
Can also confirm. At first it didn't work on Ubuntu and shit (outdated kernel) so I switched to Arch for a bit. But a while ago I switched back to Mint and the touchpad drivers have been included for a while.

I imagine your mistake was android studio in that case :P Well other than just doing android dev at all. I had to do a year of adobe air deploying to droid and ios, desu was still better than objectiveC. Fuck smartphones tho, and OPs question isn't about droid dev so c720 is still a strong contender.

SD and "muh cloud" will mitigate storage requirements. But you can just drop in a new SSD in a c720. Don't bother with the white c720p though, just get a regular c720 unless you are a monkey. P.S. if you're not already farmiliar with this, the c720 uses a proper M.2 SSD, not that dumbass flash memory style crap. c720 is actually a really nice comp, but it is a bit flimsy and doesn't have upgrade options beside replacing the M.2.

Chromebook and install Linux, I don't really think it's much of a contest if your budget is that limited. Chromebooks are some weak computers.

I wish I was ramon

thanks user for the info, so you think 16GB is enough based on what im doing? im not going to upgrade storage since im literally never going to use this after this trip as I have a $2000 13" laptop I use at home.

I could not possibly say to you that 16gb would be enough storage. I can tell you that it's a proper (m.2) ssd and you are free to upgrade it. You can also use the USB2.0 for external storage.

Ramon's eyesight is fucked.

$50 tickets to Moscow + $7/day for rent
$100 for C720 on ebay

Thinkpad

iPad is your only option

BASED RAMONE

>FUCK BITCHES
>GET MONEY
>OFFERED MORE MONEY TO FUCK SHEMALES
>GET MORE MONEY
>NEVER KISS A SHEMALE
>NEVER SUCK A DICK
>STILL NOT GAY

Attached: 1523185307366.jpg (1080x1313, 173K)

Guy went from banging hot girls, to being jailed for animal torture, to then banging trannies.

What went wrong?

>Bulky
X200/220

Wait what? Link?

TIL RAMON IS WHITE IN AMERICA

Attached: 1-cfe3763882.jpg (904x1169, 503K)

He also has herpes now

nortephoto.photoshelter.com/image/I0000lSR0G18C8Lo

>saw you could just install Linux on them
Just avoid Chromebooks. You need to really struggle and fight against the laptop to install anything on it.

i love it when ramon just splits white girl`s pussy in half with his mutt trunk. they groan so much it gets the blood pumping ...

still had a better life than you'll ever have, you mentally ill autist

He doens't kiss or suck them? based

You can't really code on a Chromebook
Either you need an internet connection and some web-based ide, or you have to install Linux, which involves disassembling the computer and makes it more buggy and unstable.
But hey, works for me. (Linux that is)

>code
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

iPad