Thoughts? Is it better than Google or other competitors?

Thoughts? Is it better than Google or other competitors?

Attached: DuckDuckGo-Logo.jpg (2083x1667, 458K)

's-all right

Attached: senor_wences.png (468x354, 167K)

I wouldn't trust anyone with a name and logotype like this.

You are better off using yandex imo.

yes it's better fuck you

it's not better than google, but since it includes google, that does not matter

Good for finding pizza.

Google is the best search engine. DuckDuckGo is a distant second. (In terms of how relevant the results are.) It's good because you can have 'bangs' so if you start a search with !g it searches google, !yt searches youtube, !w searches wikipedia, and so on. Set duckduckgo to your web browser's default search engine, and bam. I like that about it.

It is good if you want to find torrents or stuff like that since google hides/demotes those on its own results.

look up the founder

Search results suck.

Attached: ddg.png (1701x8000, 2.69M)

uh in terms of privacy, anything is better than google. But I wouldnt trust DDG. It's based on the US and it's not entirely open source

Attached: 1505934877079.jpg (681x706, 41K)

That tech illiterate picture again.
You should feel ashamed for posting it.

>based in us
isn't it a benefit, since the NSA isn't allowed to spy on Americans? Anyway doesn't matter because ddg doesn't keep logs
>not open source
doesn't matter either, since even if it would be open source, you wouldn't know what the server actually runs, nor does it disrespect your freedoms because you're not running it on your servet

Too many sponsored responses for google.

The fuck is going on in this picture?

Qwant

Ixquick you basterds

What you guys think about findx?

DuckDuckGo, startpage or searx?

Attached: 1522863028946.jpg (1200x920, 196K)

Literally everything is better than Google.

Its alright

If you dont mind them selling your data, even worse than google

>NSA isn't allowed to spy on Americans.

Lmfaaoooooooooooo

Search results often are not the best. I use it anyway. You can use bangs (!) like !g to use google. which I end up having to use frequently. but theres bangs for just about everything. so its convenient

I noticed what you accomplished here new friend

This

>even worse than google

Attached: 1518458407512.jpg (360x360, 39K)

startpage from my experience

>searx
I found that it can be a bit finicky. I've been using it for a few weeks and it seems adequate.

It's the swiss army knife of search engines which makes it the best one imo

If it only defaulted to UK English instead of switching between countries randomly I'd like it.

Searx is the most private, but it sometimes lacks search results.

StartPage is a Google frontend, and it's slower than other engines. You'd be better off using Google or DDG instead.

DDG is a fine Google replacement, but sometimes the search results are absolute shit and appear censored. Searching for emuparadise never puts the actual site on the top (or anywhere), for example.

Qwant is a good replacement for Google too.

Tldr;
Privacy: Searx > StartPage > Qwant > DDG
Usefulness: DDG/Qwant > StartPage > Searx

StartPage is way more useful than DDG.
I rather wait half a sec more and get useful results.

>I'd rather wait half a second more
People have different priorities

Set ddg.gg as default search so you can use the bangs ( what ddg calls their search keywords) and then set a browser search keyword for startpage so you can use that for private search.
Not complicated.

You can use ddg bangs
!sp (startpage)
!spi (startpage images)
!spv (startpage videos)
but the results aren't the same.

I'd argue that the search results are generally the most important thing in a search engine.

and if you try to set browser keywords for startpage, startpage images, and startpage videos, each one you create overwrites the previous. At least on firefox.

>NSA isn't allowed to spy on Americans

Attached: 1517828629679.png (671x519, 153K)

Sure, but if DuckDuckGo doesn't find something (which is rare), I can search elsewhere as a backup.

In my experience DDG only finds low hanging fruit like Wikipedia articles and SO answers.

It's botnet.

Google is better.

Google (therefore SP) is way more censored than DDG, but
>We also save searches
>we may add an affiliate code to some eCommerce sites (e.g. Amazon & eBay) that results in small commissions being paid back to DuckDuckGo when you make purchases at those sites
SP on top of the results serves you with a sponsored link, very much like google, but they save nothing about you or your search terms.
Still searx is objectively the best choice, giving you the freedom to run it on your own.

Attached: duckduckgo-scooby.jpg (300x295, 18K)

>Lmfaaoooooooooooo
the extra oooooos mean he laughed his ass beyond off and that he is 11 years old

searx.ru is the only trusted search engine.

It's American law that the nsa is allowed to spy in anyone else except American citizens. What actually happens may be different, but doesn't change the facts regarding the laws.

Google keeps gimping their results so I find DuckDuckGo unironically better. Searx is best for finding sketchy shit but shit for normieshit.

Kill yourself dumb memer

>.ru
>trusting/believing anything from Russia
Bad move, user.

why aren't you using wiby.me
its a product of g

Also why is it none of you have websites to contribute to the world wide web? Websites with only your cv and extra curricular projects don't count. Also blogs dont count.

This. There was a time when DDG was "good enough" for 99% of searches and in the rare case I might escalate an issue to Google. Now they've reached the point where DDG is equal to or better than Google and the few time I use Google I just get ads or the wrong thing. I think all the diversity hiring at Google is starting to catch up to them.

It's better (on privacy) but considering the guy's background I wouldn't put my full trust on it. I think that's the gist of it. Also sometimes doesn't find the stuff you'd like but since it has search bangs (!g for Google, !osm for OpenStreetMaps and so on) you can search with Google too if you'd like.

anyone remember scroogle ?

Attached: scroogle 2.jpg (633x632, 79K)