It sucks

>faster than other browsers
>built from the ground up for standards
>aesthetic
>tightly integrated into the OS

>for standards
Hahahahaha....
>aesthetic
Matter of taste I guess, but address bar on same horizontal space as tabs is not asthetic and not practical.

Who else still uses IE 11? Not the fastest, but comfy as fuck.

>tightly integrated
>good thing
Kys

Dog shit.

I even hate the way it begs you not to switch.

no webm support on Jow Forums, no use of browser

>According to Microsoft, it is designed to be a lightweight web browser with a layout engine built around web standards.[8]
web.archive.org/web/20150906172024/https://dev.modern.ie/platform/status//

Do you also think VS Code is shit? 2018 MSFT is completely different to 2008 MSFT. They've consistently been producing high quality, lightweight, multiplatform programs (aside from those that require backwards compatibility bloat like Office).

>bunch of different programs made by different companies with different goals
>integrated suite of programs with standard interfaces and all designed to work together

I only use IE11 for old sites and stuff that requires it, like my bank which doesn't work with Chrome.

Edge just has far better GPU acceleration than Chrome, smooth scrolling on touch screens, lower CPU utilization watching youtube and other online video content.

Ublock Origin is available on Edge too so that's nice.

>Jow Forums using fucking IE
Kill this board. Just fucking kill it.

They shouldn't have used a similar logo to IE and they should have copied popular browsers more.

>>faster than other browsers
Nope. It's much slower at DOM manipulation than Chrome or Firefox. We have to use some awful DOM-heavy web frameworks at work and I wouldn't survive if we used Edge.
>>built from the ground up for standards
Nope. It's Internet Explorer 11, but with the Compatibility View code deleted and no more new features than the average IE release.
>>aesthetic
Subjective. It looks like any other browser on Windows.
>>tightly integrated into the OS
Nope. It's a special kind of UWP app that's totally different to every other app on Windows, and it has UI elements that you won't see anywhere else.

Attached: wrong.gif (480x287, 704K)

I-it's not IE, I-I promise, i-it's different this time

>some retarded JS Jow Forumstard jockey who uses gigantic frameworks for his work thinks his opinion matters

>Uses the better windows 10 scroll api

>Edge is only good for simple sites
Gigantic webshit frameworks are real. We use shitty frameworks that thrash the DOM, but Edge handles it the worst out of any browser, because it has the worst DOM manipulation performance. You would notice it, to a certain extent, on any other webshit site with 10MB of JavaScript.

>using a reaction image of the meme president makes you a Jow Forumstard

Attached: come join me on reddit.png (300x142, 27K)

It's extremely unresponsive.
I click on new tab and have to wait 10 seconds until a new tab opens, but in the meantime the browser acts all normal as if nothing happened

>vs code
now you are just trolling.
yes vs code is bad.
As for what ms says - they say lot of shit that idiots believe. And IE ALWAYS had will always have standards issues.

None of this is true.

>faster than other browsers
and
>tightly integrated into the OS
are related since Microsoft is likely using private internal APIs on Windows that are not available to other browsers. Since Internet Explorer is still not available on other platforms its impossible to do a fair performance test.

>built from the ground up for standards
No even in the ridiculously re-branded 'Edge' its still built on the aging POS Trident, and still has many of the same errors as its predecessors but the hacks Microsoft had to add back then for devs to work around them no longer function.

Its particularly worrying to me that regulators seem fixated on Google, whose services and software are available on every platform, and who run several open platforms, when Microsoft is once again pushing towards a locked down environment where only their browser (and other browsers using its engine) will be available. If I had my way Trident would be outlawed.

>Faster than other browsers

Pretty easy to be faster when you have no extensions.

I dont like or use edge but even I know it has some extensions

>Microsoft
>built for standards
How retarded are you?

What the fuck.

It has more extensions than Brave which is quite hysterical given the fact that it's just a chromium fork.

Why don't you use what works for you?

And since Redstone 3:
>permanent right hand side scrollbar that doesn't hide, not even during full screen video content

>MSN junk permanently on the new tab page, with only an option to hide it temporarily, with a huge "unhide" button

Its not even faster, I ran edge, firefox, opera and chrome through pretty much every conceivable benchmark you can think of and it was only faster than firefox and sometimes opera. But Chrome was consistently 10-30% better for everything

>people still believe this
it have webms and yes on Jow Forums too and yes on any other site too

If people did that, Jow Forums probably would just be a very niche board instead of constant shilling over which product to use.

>build from the ground up for standards

Then why doesn't it support as many of HTML5 features as other browsers?

Attached: file.png (208x309, 10K)

I'm sure he means in comparison to IE. Don't know how that's difficult to understand.

>comparing to IE

Ah yes, like an Olympic athlete comparing himself to Stephen Hawking

Attached: 1506126756526.jpg (720x387, 57K)

>runs on animu

>T_D
>Jow Forums
Pick one. If you chose that traitor Donald Trump, you cannot chose Jow Forums

>no more new features than the average IE release
The average IE release can use ublock origin?

Attached: 1487131022791.png (657x527, 24K)

kill these microshit marketing threads

try to search through your browsing history

when did microsoft ever follow standards? they destroy standards. They refuse to "standardize", it is all about control, extinguishing of competition. They have no 'standards'. They are low grade.

You seen the backlash /ptg/ has gotten lately? They're being called out for their faggotry left and right.

Attached: Screenshot_20180415-102150_01.jpg (1080x1089, 100K)

Doesn't feel holy to me, it's just regular shit.

>shit
yes
>holy
no

Exactly

You're retarded.
t. Microsoft hater

>regulators seem fixated on Google
Because they make Microsoft look like old softies.

>shit
True

Attached: 1502047233514.webm (1786x892, 1.79M)

???
I can't reproduce it, it Works fine for me.

>when did microsoft ever follow standards?
In the 90s before they won the browser war

Proof or didn't happen

They should have just kept the Spartan name and logo.

no holy, just shit

Wow, Jow Forums has it's own private tracker general? Neat.

The cathedral and the bazaar

Doesn't make the athlete any less good

Its good for reading Epubs

Gave me a kek
Here's a you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OP B T F OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wrong, just tried it with a random webm on /wsg/. i think the error is on Jow Forums's part because it uses an older webm version

op is probably on edge17 (winver 1803) where even 'older' webm versions work

>10mb of javascript

You can't blame a browser for your shitty practices. I bet your "framework" consists of 10k lines that start like this

$("id")

I still have nightmares from optimizing sitebuilds to also work on IE6, do not make me remember.

It is a piece of shit, but far from being holy, OP.

Actual Microsoft Employee here. Edge is hated throughout the company. The team has really let us down. They are iterating fast, but it'll be a bit before I would ever recommend it to anyone.