How are backlit keyboards not standard yet?

How are backlit keyboards not standard yet?

Attached: 1458257555888.gif (352x224, 866K)

why would i need to look at my keyboard?

If you're gay like OP and can't touch type

Why would you ever need a backlit keyboard?

Because you usually don't want distracting glow coming from your keyboard & because there is generally nothing to look at once you are no longer a beginner.

unless you're a gaymur there's no need for a backlit keyboard

>he looks at his keyboard to type

Attached: 1522453951418.png (225x225, 4K)

Typing in pitch black darkness isn't fun. It's not optimal.

It's not about whether or not you NEED to look at the keyboard to type. It's about the fact that it's not very expensive to make LED backlit keyboards in laptops and the technology doesn't take up much space; so there's not a single reason not to implement it anyway

What a faggy response

user, it costs shekelstein a lot of money. We all don't want that

>blocks your ability to type

Attached: filco_blank_88_filco_0.jpg (1000x750, 68K)

literally the only purpose of that keyboard's existence is ego self-inflation.
looking at that keyboard is the equivalent of watching a guy suck his own dick.

Shitty chinkpad keyboards are holding back the entire IT industry

>Jow Forums autist goes out of his way to avoid something that poses literally no inconvenience to him at all just to prove he's good at something
jesus

Easy to switch between Qwerty and Dvorak.

the fact no one cares about it looks like a solid reason to me

I thought you don't need to look at your keyboard? So wouldn't it be just as easy to ignore the keys that still had letters imprinted on them?

>there's not a single reason not to implement it anyway
You haven't provided a reason why it should be implemented, either.

lol, looks like my old chink keyboard after 8 years of use

That is attention-seeking behavior right there.

Because it's helpful in total darkness and helps cut down on errors (errors one could make even if they were a skilled touch typist), because it doesn't get in the way at all, and because it's just a nice thing to have just in case.

Why bother with painted letters at all if they're unnecessary?

just admit you still can't touch type bro

Because only a tiny amount of customers want a keyboard with no letters. It appeals to a wider customer base and, ergo, earns more money.

Laptops in general are already overheating without this faggy, unneeded feature being a standard.

Blank keyboards will force you to become better at typing, you are just to weak to learn.

>needing capslock and scrolllock labels
>no numlock or numpad
Fucking Plebeian.

Cheap abs plastic keycaps

Blank keyboards are nothing more than pretentious inconvenience designed to impress the owner's friends.

>let's add a pointless feature that nobody needs
>why?
>it's easy to implement and doesn't cost alot
???

No the faggy response is to get elitist over touch typing

>s-stop being so m-mean
aww

The owners of blank keyboards don't have friends

Um, Then the guy I replied to was saying the same thing?

>Because it's helpful in total darkness
Get a lamp. Why do LEDs have to become standard because of rare/self-inflicted situations? I purposely buy non-backlit because I don't like the way it looks. Try explicitly looking for one they're not hard to come by.

So manufacturers should add backlighting to every single laptop in existence because OP can't touch type?

It's not helpful, the indents on the f & J are sufficient

how did you come to that conclusion?

that's literally how technology companies tend to function, user...

>I don't need it = nobody needs it

>Get a lamp.
I'm not always home when I use my computer in the dark.

Oy gevalt! The future is the cloud, not enlightening! Shoah!

>my inadequate ass needs it, therefore it should be a standard

Buy a booklight? Either way if that's a scenario you're worried about then you could check if it has a backlit keyboard before buying rather than requiring every keyboard to be backlit for your convenience.

1. It wastes battery power.
2. It could be perceived as an annoyance.
3. To cut costs in any way.

It makes it easier to find homerow in the dark.

It's a laptop. It won't always be in a position where you can touch type, and you may have to type something awkwardly, like typing when walking.

Did you just get the sense that it's a laptop from the .jif (pronounced yiff) file in the op?

>It could be perceived as an annoyance.
You can adjust keyboard brightness.

>typing on a laptop while walking in total darkness
You have bigger things to worry about.

They have literally no purpose. There's no scenario in which anyone would ever get any use out of one.
>But what if I turn my light off?
Turn it on. You shouldn't use a screen in the dark.

>all the shitters in this thread without aesthetic ambient light sensitive backlit keyboards bitching

Attached: 1446975714735.jpg (468x526, 45K)

Lowering/turning off the indoor lights in accordance with the outside will adjust the bodies "inner clock" so that you fall asleep better at night.
Therefore you need a backlit keyboard.

Attached: 6uJ1bNn9_400x400.jpg (400x400, 18K)

>You shouldn't use a screen in the dark.
t. doesn't use f.lux

Yes, I turned mine off, so, why have it there to begin with? I hate the light bleeding from under the keys if you look at the keyboard from an angle. I want it turned off immediately every time i see it turned on.

So basically you absolutely can't type without seeing your keyboard? Why didn't you say this early?

Not all people are as well adjusted to the confines of an office chair user.

Attached: actually.png (118x130, 16K)

Why is it so hard for you to admit your incompetence? Why do you expect the world to adjust itself to your shortcomings?

If you're in such pitch blackness that you can't see your keyboard, the light from your screen should illuminate it.
Why the fuck are you sitting in utter darkness in the first place?

Seeing the tools before your eyes is always a good rule of thumb user.

Attached: actually actually.png (73x105, 12K)

>the light from your screen should illuminate it
you would think that, but no. not unless you have the brightness way higher than it should be

Not in the case of keyboard, look up touch typing.

"I HATE seeing what I'm doing!1!"
- Jow Forums, 2018

Holy shit you're retarded.

Attached: 1506299989818.jpg (229x220, 6K)

It seems like these people are hacking innawoods. Should just invest in NVG with an IR backlit keyboard for better operating.

backlit keyboards are a plus on any Thinkpad
I don't even look at the keyboards (which usually present a different layout from the one I'm using) but it's a huge help to identify rows at night, even in a moderately lit room
obviously the light can be turned on or off, and dimmed as well

>turn on lightbulb
>see
wooow

There is more to life than impressing strangers with touch typing user.

Attached: actually actually actually.png (58x80, 9K)

Tilt it downwards to find homerow then continue typing normally.

Yeah, like sitting in a pitch black room.

Why do you assume that I did what I did to impress strangers?

On what planet is THAT more the more convenient option than just being able to see the keyboard because of its built-in backlight in the first place?
>dude just tilt the screen downward or blast your entire room with light lmao

Because you're on Jow Forums user.
Every achievement counts here.

Attached: actually actually actually actually.png (43x63, 5K)

Backlit keyboards exist, user, in case you didn't notice, the real issue is why did you ask for it to be a standard feature?

If you want to see something, you turn the lights on.
If you don't want to see a single thing, you stay in complete darkness.
Not rocket science.

Why do gamers need a backlit keyboard?
Isn't "blind typing" even more important to gamers?

(note: I never play action games, just curious)

Oy vey, let's cheaping out $10 lights. No joke I'm fucking mad if there's a brand new laptop without backlit keyboard.

only retards need to look at the keyboard

I'm forgetting what this thread is about. OP is advocating for every keyboard to be backlit so he doesn't have to check for that feature when buying something. So if I buy a keyboard and don't like backlighting, I have to find a way to disable it or find some specialized product that explicitly doesn't have that standard feature.

What a stupid reasoning.

Read the thread before posting.

The world don't generally cater to idiots, OP, if you can't ride bikes you learn how to do it, not ask for training wheels to be the standard.

It's not that i'm comparing your skillset with that of a biker with no hands on the steering wheel.
Every achievement is valued on Jow Forums.

Attached: actually actually actually actually actually.png (37x44, 4K)

Wat

Yes it's called keeping production running.

What aren't thinklights standard yet?

- Even cheaper than backlit keyboards.
- Useful for more things like reading.

Attached: 05mlf64xg5ry.jpg (3584x2280, 503K)

absolutely disgusting

EW

Attached: calliou disgust.jpg (250x228, 23K)

Just admit that you're too lazy to learn already, what you want will never happen though.

how does a group of people manage to become elitist pricks over a simple task like typing?

Attached: 1374796030634.png (444x440, 117K)

How is it elitism to expect people not to be retarded? You either learn to touch type and never worry about backlight or try and advocate for the planet to cater to your specific need, which one is easier?

I could go that route and achieve something that is the equivalent of flushing the toilet.
But i am much too occupied user.

Attached: actually actually actually actually actually actually.png (27x31, 3K)

Why are you so against self improvement?

you shouldn't be using your computer in complete darkness. turn on the lights. if the only lightsource in your room is your monitor and your keyboard, you're straining your eyes for no reason. also if you do this for extended periods of time, you fuck up your sleep schedule and probably suffer from depression.

user, just to make a point, I'm going to type this entire message with my eyes closed.

>no shilling for the thinklight master race

Absolutely disgusting thread.

Attached: lit.jpg (231x218, 5K)

It's not that i don't value self improvement.
It's just that with the limited time i have on this earth i feel the need to prioritize the important from that of >Lesser importance.
Tough see you started from the lesser end, i value self improvement on all levels.

Attached: actually actually actually actually actually actually actually.png (19x28, 2K)

>It's not that i don't value self improvement.
>I just don't have time for it lol
Now you're just being retarded.

Point void: you can't prove you actually did it.
I typed this message with my dick, because I said so.

>walking with laptop and typing
You're doing something wrong

>laptop on train
>laptop in car
>laptop at low light bar

uhh you know laptops are portable right?? as in people use them in places other than their basement desk