NEVER BUY A KEYBOARD FROM CORSAIR

Okay Jow Forums,

I am writing this using the on-screen keyboard.

My trusty old K120 broke a few months ago after about three solid years of good service. I went to walmart (literally the only store around) to buy a new K120. Sure, it's not flashy but it looks nice and it is reliable and sturdy. Never had a key stick or anything. Sadly, all they had now were normie wireless keyboards and shit, except for a Corsair K55 (pic related) for $75, the walmart guy told me it was mechanical. I bought it and soon found out it wasn't. Sure, the LEDs look cool, but the keys get stuck constantly, and it always disables itself and then re-enables itself (I know this because I hear the DOOT-doot-doot and doot-doot-doot-DOOT winblows makes whenever you plug something into the USB port or take something out) I tried updating the drivers, restarting my PC, updating Corsair Utility Engine, the whole thing. The only thing that seems to work is shutting the LEDs off. Not sure if some sort of USB problem or one with my PSU. Huge waste of fucking money either way. I knew I should have consulted you Jow Forumsentlemen before I bought it but fuck it was a waste.

You would expect a level of quality from a company like Corsair, but no. Discuss.

Also, if any of you can help me get it working I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Attached: th (1).jpg (262x167, 7K)

bumpo grumpo

I have a four year old k70 with authentic MX Reds and I'll be devastated when it finally goes out on me. What should I even get when the time comes?

If I could do it over again, I would just get another K120 since I'm on a budget. If you have cash to spend, ask someone else. I'm not really a keyboard connoisseur.

in other news, water is wet

Something actually good, like tada68. Don't buy gaymer garbage keyboards.

You bought a cheapo model, and you're pissed at Corsair? Read the packaging next time. Christ, what the hell is wrong with people these days?

>cheapo
>$75 for a keyboard AT WALMART

> I went to walmart
your fault for being a imbecile and not asking here first and doing research online.

You're right, I was really fucking anxious to get back and play vidya though since i haddentfor a few days but yeah i think ur right

hmmm... if only there was a thread dedicated for keyboard discussion so you didn't have to make an entire thread for one stupid remark.

Attached: 1f914.png (512x512, 26K)

not this guy

Attached: succ2.png (158x123, 39K)

I never trust a guy who works in a shop that sells general electronics of any kind unless the person reeks of sweat and looks like a basement dweller. Even then though i always do my own research online when it comes to said product to see the specs and reviews. Just order a keyboard online jext time OP, who the fuck still buys shit like keyboards in stores, nowadays i only go there for plugs or sata cables.

Will do.

>guy told me it was mechanical
Can't you fucking use google?

Attached: 1520377478228.jpg (622x621, 70K)

Also the packaging didn't say the keyboard was ass

Yeah I kinda went full retard when I bought it cuz i wanted vidya so bad

Especially if they're indian/black/chinese, those people do not and will never understand Technology. There's a reason why the majority of Steam users have Chinese as their primary language while the majority of Linux Steam users have English as their primary language.

In CUE set your keyboard to 100% brightness.

Problem solved.

>buying a keboard that has LEDs aimed at autistic children who are into videogames
>buying a keyboard that needs an Official Driver(tm)

Attached: 1495814630474.jpg (173x228, 10K)

>AT WALMART
That's your problem right there

>meanwhile my nobrand 10€ keyboard still works like the first day

GMMK for maximum lifespan, switches die? Replace them in 2 seconds. It's accessible and advanced as in it allows enthusiasts to experiment with all the switches they want and makes things easier for newbies too.

>buy keyboard
>last only 3 years
>think it's fine

Here's the biggest problem. Keep buying shit and keep us updated. I liked this blog post. You should find reddit quite easily faggot

I though razer was the apple of gamers, but corsair might take them the title if their life cycle of keyboards is 3 years

Not only did OP go full retard, he also got gypped: the MRSP of the K55 is about $48-$50, so the fact that you spent 75 (of what I assume are) USD means you got heavily ripped off.

razen is too expansive for what it is, but it's still durable it seems.

>buys keyboard
>only lasts 3 fucking years
>trusty

It was a shit keyboard, do yourself a favour and buy a real keyboard.

k70 was one of the best and worst purchases I've ever made.

Eh, I've had a K70 since release day and I've never had a single issue with the boards. Hell, I've never had any issues with corsair anything (mouse/keyboards/commanders/cases). Your experience might have been a fluke my dude, never had anything but decent quality from Corsair at this point. They're definitely in no way premium products, but they are solidly built.

I bought one of those keyboards on a whim and returned it immediately. It's garbage. The actual mechanical Corsair boards are much better, though honestly tyhe reliability of Corsair as a brand is pretty bad. I have a K65 and it double-taps some keys and the RGB leds are failing at displaying some colors they used to.

tee bee ach the Alienware mecha keyboard is sometimes a better deal, probably more reliable and still RGB with Cherry Reds

>the walmart guy told me it was mechanical
why didn't you just look at the box? Don't trust some retarded walmart employee over your own eyes.

>>>/mkg/
Just for the record I bought a ducky one and I've been pretty happy with it. It looks very simple but it has worked without issues for about a year now.

of course the packaging doesn't say it's a shitty keyboard you tard, the packaging wants you to buy it.

It might not be getting enough power from your usb 2.0 or 1.0 port.

>why didn't you just look at the box? Don't trust some retarded walmart employee over your own eyes.
this, all mechanical keyboards generally say exactly that on the box. Pretty sure the K55 just says it's a "gaming keyboard" with no callout for the switch type or any indication it is mechanical at all.

Also the backlighting on OP's board is literally ass. It's the cheapest most chinkshittery thing I have ever seen.

K120s are insanely comfortable good taste user

read again, his K120 broke and he bought the shit-tier memebrane K55 as a replacement

bad, very bad, no taste at all, OP may actually be retarded.

Any mechanical keyboard would specifically say it is such, and tell you the switch type.

Just read the fucking packaging instead of needing everything explained to you by some minimum wage schlub.

I've had a K70 RGB for 3 years and it still works perfectly. No dead LEDs, nothing.