Do you still use regular forums?

Do you still use regular forums?

Attached: stormtrooper.jpg (600x540, 51K)

Nope.

No, Overclock.net is literally an extension of reddit with babysitting tier modding. All other forums are dead.

t. been banned several times from OCN.

I go to plebbit. I've never liked forums, maybe because they're an interior clone of fidonet/usenet

No they're all dead thanks to Facebook. )':

sure, demi.fi

Facebook killed blogs and myspace.
Reddit killed forums

no

a forum of "the most popular smart girls' magazine" in finland that is

No but I really wish they were still alive.

pretty much this

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

no, I use reddit

Attached: photo.jpg (437x437, 25K)

rip digitalzone

no because in every single forum there is at least one faggot mod/admin

Yes, a few. Mostly related to highways and travel.

Sometimes. But generally i come here to Jow Forums when i need help. You people may be a bunch of insufferable faggots, but all the advice i received here provided me benefit, especially in which things to buy.

ars technica forums feature a lot more actual discussion than you'll find here. most subreddits do too, now that I think about it

Forums are dead, sadly. Just another one of the casualties of progress.

Attached: 1523737770116.jpg (1131x1600, 106K)

Every single mod is more than happy to ban you if you say anything that they remotely disapprove of.

i get kicked off most of them for not sucking mod dick when they are wrong as fuck, as in demonstrably wrong and selectively enforce rules for people they like/dislike

unironically linustechtips.com

only piracy related super sekret klub forums

Pretty much this. Forum mods can be up their own arses sometimes along with posters who have post counts in the 10s to 100s of thousands. Guys like that who post 100 times everyday can think say and do anything they want and reckon they're always right, no one can say otherwise. If you do your banned. Having a million posts isn't something to be proud of. It should be used as a mark of shame for being a fuck up in life.

Fuck forums.

Hardwareluxx.de, their reviews are very nice and clean
They also have nice threads, collective work, like lists if certain RAMs work with a certain board or which kits contain B-Dies

just like on 4chin

The only forum I'm still visiting is headfi. And sometimes watchuseek. but I've lost interest in the forum thing

Is Jow Forums a regular forum?

Forums freak me out a bit. All posts are tied to an identity so you end up with people with crazy egos and if you fuck up that's tied to you
Image boards are less stressful

forums are worthless. shit administration ("join this forum to see this photo/click this link" - oh btw mods have to manually approve you - oh btw mods are all dead or MIA)
shit moderation (general dicksucking already mentioned previously)
signatures are a shit idea
post stats bother me as they're blatantly just "older obviously means smarter" traps and half the power users of any forum are pants on head retarded

survivalistboards, been on since 2009

I am a leech who posted on a piracy forum subject asking when is X getting here and some mod lost his shit and written some very long that I didn't read and then ass suckers told him to calm down it is okay hurr durr and ended their posts with a fucking wink and 'btw just ban new comers who ask questions for spam'.
Forums are cancer.

This.
Any other ways to socialize online in a similar anonymous way? Any anonymois chats?

>all other forums are dead

entirely wrong. forums are just niche now.. i'm in an active telecaster forum, two active airsoft forums, a yamaha multirack recorder forum.

RIP totse

Attached: e273266cb426a0191d12ddc07a9d1b408005a61c_full.jpg (184x184, 5K)

irc

Yes, but those are rare and not really tech related or anything. They're forums for niche subjects and really slow

Sometimes I glance through stormfront and mypostingcareer

stormfront, I never read. mpc is trash

Please stay there.

I regularly go on the FastlaneForum

I'm going to start using forums again soon I think. I'm starting to value easily accessible information less and less. Instead I'm willing to actually look through and participate in a bunch of niche sources for a more rich experience. I love Jow Forums though and I'll always consider this my home, I'm never leaving.

Most forums are barren wastelands of no activity these days. I came here from SA when moot made the site. I used both until maybe 2008 when the SJW crowd utterly destroyed SA by getting control of the moderator functions and banned anyone even remotely funny or interesting. These days all I use is Jow Forums, XDA-Developers solely when I need an updated rom for one of my Android devices and select niche subreddits for projects like Jow Forumscemu. Some of these projects have actual forums but go weeks without a singular post on them, the subreddit is where activity happens. I run a script to delete all of my post history every week or two because fuck letting others browse your shit.

Jow Forums literally replaced stormfront and vnn

Only when I am not shitposting.

Jow Forums is a regular forum.

"regular"
no username (most important), no regdate, no postcount, no login

Not to mention threads delete automatically.

pbnation but that's it

I only lurk on reddit and post here. Forums could be pretty useful, it's sad that most of them are gone.

Hey forum

Attached: RWJ.jpg (639x360, 70K)

yes
a local tech forum

I mainly lurked vidya based forums.

Overclcock (dead outside of big news events)
Serebii (Practically dead)
assemblergames (still comfy)
GameFaqs (went to shit)

There are some more but they are also mostly dead.I miss the old internet.

Nope. The only one's I ever frequented were ModRetro and the BenHeck forums as a kiddo.

cross my heart with a kite

>Not posting the .gif
You're dead to me.

No. At least not on any regular basis and posting is even rarer for me. Forums seem to be like a dead thing.

Also
>not posting the gif

Only for car stuff. I browse my local tuning/street racing scene forum, and my cars model's forum.

I shitpost on xda

used to post on anime thread at battlelog

Attached: snapshot_15.10_[2016.12.23_02.34.31].png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

Yes, but not tech related

>tfw all internet communication/socializing is now sterilized and commodified
>ywn return to the early 2000s golden age of forum going
>the future will only be worse
Death take me now.

Attached: 5b780efa-4ac5-4cc7-82bd-df07dc3297c0.gif (540x405, 1.97M)

>Most forums are barren wastelands of no activity these days.
There are still some islands of activity out there. The problem is finding them, it's extremely hard to find even a decent Discord or IRC to discuss stuff in.

Try irc, freenode is full of simular betas to Jow Forums.
I go on hackforums, they make Jow Forums kiddies all look like Ph.D brainiacs by comparison.
Also Jow Forumseddit and howardforums.
I was on &TOTSE when it was a web board and before that when it was a dialup bbs in the east bay, thoses were good days.

Reddit? Can't say anything right leaning on r/news

His videos still hold up incredibly well today. Damn I miss when he did =3

That place is full of nigger cattle. Its a joint for normies into computers now with a few that know what they're doing. The site transformation really killed it for me. I only check it on rare occasion for used hardware for sale otherwise no real point in participating in that community.

Attached: 1378190666722s.jpg (235x235, 8K)

I have the same feeling and I fucking hate it

Attached: 1497319953628.jpg (283x287, 30K)

Anything with names or persistent identities of any form always, ALWAYS turns into fucking high school drama eventually. No exceptions.

There are sites which archive Jow Forums, but yes, this is true

Just saw someone get tempbanned on freenode for calling another user a faggot. IRC changed man.

Stealing other people's content and adding "commentary" that was nothing more than stating what we can already see is happening in the clip, in an aggressively unfunny manner, holds up well?

Unknowncheats is still active

Attached: BeV7n7a2s5Z6xHR5Vq5GGN5ZsMkNN02yQeDl1rdPKGs.jpg (679x1200, 170K)

Holy shit someone else who was on DZ? Fuck. Those were good times.

Attached: Rest_Gondola.jpg (900x868, 126K)

Stop trying to feel special, Jow Forums is a regular forum.

No. Don't be a faggot. You can't seriously claim you've never been there

You have to go back.

blurbusters.com and pcmonitors.info

I only go to TitanTalk to get advice for working on my truck.

Nope, forumfags will blame Reddit for the death of forums but they have themselves to blame.

Attached: 1500962720401.png (530x4140, 143K)

Nope, kind of started to miss them recently.
I learned a lot on them and it was a lot of fun. But I kind of got bored with it. Tried going on a new one with a new subject to learn, but seems rather ded.

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (500x383, 32K)

Nope because you cant find funny shit like this on normie forums
Pic related

Attached: D7AE160A-D7A0-4EFE-A907-A5C6FCF31313.jpg (640x390, 162K)

Only lead adventure.

when do we get 00s internet back again?

>Do you still use regular forums?
what about

websites

Did Jow Forums kill anything?

My future.

>All other forums are dead.
>what is nekochan
>what is vogons
>what is amiga.org
>what is all the english boards on russian DIY forums

What features would the ideal conversation platform have?

Attached: Conversation platforms forum softwares.png (766x303, 18K)

what's a forum?

Attached: images.jpg (129x97, 2K)

Not really, imageboards aren't direct competitors to platforms like forums or blogs, Jow Forums in a sense is one of the last significant holdovers of the 2000s internet.

none of you use HN?

or are we talking about like phpbb tier forums

Not since SA went to shit years ago

What about IRC?

I'm finding that even the oldest IRC communities are migrating to discord (hackers/pirates/demoscene).

IRC will always exist as an efficient communication network but discord features are too useful on the modern web to be ignored

IRC was in decline even before Jow Forums was a thing, but it's really the social media explosion that dealt the biggest blow to IRC's popularity.

Only Kiwi Farms

The "sjw"s left. It's pretty chill now. Mostly quality shitposting.

Is there any replacement?

I have over 30k posts on a now defunct forum and it hurts. I miss my friends. They all grew up and drifted away but I couldn't for some reason. I desperately want to go back.

I want to play vanilla WoW ;-;

I don't think people who use IRC were ever interested in social media.