LED bulbs

if you are not using led bulbs wtf is worng with you. Just by replacing 4 100w bulbs, you can save 344w. You save power, and have lowe carbon futorint.

Attached: 03245011_L.jpg (660x660, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum.ieee.org/tech-history/dawn-of-electronics/the-great-lightbulb-conspiracy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there are only led bulbs in my apartment
with the exception of an incandescent one in my desk which i keep for nostalgic reasons

who the fuck has light bulbs that consume anywhere near 100 watts

non-cucks?

Enjoy your blue light and planned obsolescence, bugman.

Attached: 4L_WVv1vWDq.png (644x800, 15K)

>t. yellow light cuckold

chad tungsten

>10 year lifetime guarantee
>dies after 3 months

yes goyim
save power so industry can use more power without the need of creating more infrastructure

good wifi lightbulbs will have a warm light setting

I have a pair of TP link bulbs, the software can be set to adjust the color temperature by time of day, and they work by themselves with no hub. They're pretty open and can be hacked by the owner.

>bulbs
Stop trying to force LEDs to be like incandescent lights.

I use DC powered LED panels hooked to a decent large PSU.

>i can't be fucked to find the ground fault in my house that destroys all my electronics so I'll just blame the company that built the devices.

that's every type of light bulb ever

FFS every single thing doesn't have to be a conspiracy. Other than the lower end ones not working on dimmer switches, LED bulbs are superior technology in every way.

that's is why I prefer 12V DC bulbs connected to AC-DC transformers instead of AC bulbs with integrated converter

not going to pay 50 shekels for fucking wifi light bulbs

a.k.a. the jewish lights

>no chinkshit components
>no biodegradeable plastic made out of soy
>transcends all the green watermelon memes and trends
>just metal, ceramic and some inert gas like God intended

Attached: Gluehlampe_01_KMJ[1].png (768x1276, 713K)

>can use to smoke ice
>makes a fun popping noise when you hit them with a golf club
>fun to shoot party lights out with air rifle
Can you tell I'm white? Lmao

light bulbs do have a history of conspiracies:
spectrum.ieee.org/tech-history/dawn-of-electronics/the-great-lightbulb-conspiracy

You can do all that with this and also pretend its a lightsaber. Gives a nice poof of smoke and glass when you hit someone over the head.

Attached: wonderful_fluorescent_lighting_uk_133_fluorescent_office_lighting_uk__t_tube_light_t-728x728[1].jpg (728x728, 23K)

In my shithole electricity is super cheap. 10W bulb won't give any profit in long run.

You forgot about leaded solder.

It costs a lot more energy to manufacture LED bulbs, so you're actually increasing your carbon footprint. There are also more toxic waste released in the manufacturing process so you're doing more damage to Earth.

But they're crimped.

Ah yes it's up there with THE WATER TURNING THE FROGS GAY-conspiracy on the LMAO-scale.

You get white leds, moron.

Not all. In my shithole design it was soldered. And later, when European stuff appeared - they were crimped.

you are truly why Jow Forums is so looked down upon. saving power is a good thing and saves you money. it has nothing to do with them having to create more infrastructure, and everything to do with conserving a limited resource

Goddamnit this, spend a whole bunch of money on fancy LED bulbs and the fucking things only last a few months then go pop.

I just took a look at some of my soviet era bulbs and all of that shit is crimped.

How am I supposed to save power when I am literally saving on heating when using warm and toasty incandescent blubs?

The virgin solder connection: needs to be undisturbed to form right, easily breaks during mechanical stress, requires special alloys and flux
The chad crimp: created through sheer force, reliable even under stress, dead simple

Since ethernet over power lines exist, why are wifi bulbs a fucking thing?

source?

Because "smart" bulbs.

No one has a PoE setup.
Everyone has a wifi AP.

>a circuit board with a whole array of components n plastic shit

vs

>some metal and glass

You figure it out.

Attached: CircuitBoards_small[1].jpg (1024x727, 251K)

You're not. Your conventional heating solution is more effective than your lightbulbs.

>2 in 1 lighting and heating solution
>not effective

Do tell where the effectiveness goes to waste?

>He needs a source for the obvious

Attached: 1523550025710.jpg (326x283, 29K)

is there a significant difference in environmental impact? what study are you referring to?

>intuitive wisdom is always correct
Sorry but that's just not how life works.

>Obama told me to use these special snowflake liberal bulbs
A lot of LED bulbs produce shit tier light. If I pay my own damn electric bill, I'll use whatever bulbs I want.

The additional heating you get from a lightbulb isn't as effective as if your radiator or whatever has to work a little harder.
To pull some numbers out of my ass, let's say your 100w lightbulb has a 20% efficiency and 80% are heat. So it produces 80w of heat and "20w of light".
Your radiator is positioned in a way to be most effective for heating (at the window for example) and increases the room temperature more with the same 80w.

That's pretty cool I didn't know you could smoke gear with them because of that white stuff I assumed was poison (not the meth, the coating inside the glass)

Toppest of keks

the colour of LEDs sucks dick and the sharpness of the light is really objectionable, shows up every damned crease in your skin.

i thought CFLs were ugly but LEDs is another realm of crappiness.

Why everything is "cuck", "soy", whatever?
I don't get it.
What does the color of the light bulbs you use has to do with the manliness of someone?

Seriously you guys should just go ahead and kill yourselves.

i don't think it's obvious, mass producing circuit boards is dirt cheap and easy, you don't have to dick around with glass either. what is he comparing to anyway? mercury filled flourescent bulbs? incandescent bulbs that are 10% as efficient and break every few months?

LED bulbs are harmful to your circadian rhythm

>t.
You're such a faggot and contribute nothing. You shit post all over Jow Forums with your cancerous trademark. Everyone is anonymous except for you because you're special right? If a particular board offers name functionality, then not utilizing it, exposes that you're a new faggot and contribute to cancer. Neck you're self faggot. Learn how to green text properly

LED color can be fixed
but LED flicker over AC is unacceptable

Which can be fixed as well.

at great cost compared to continuing to use regular bulbs

A decent PSU pays for itself.
No more replacing broken bulbs every few months.

Theres usually a quite harmful amount of mercury in that white powder, same goes with the traditional every saving bulbs in the multiple curved tube design.

I use amber LED bulbs

more like eye strain problem and blue light hazard...

FUCK LED

Why are soyboys so scared of blue light?

>even lightbulbs have botnet now
Where did it all go wrong?

You are hitting someone at the head, why would worry about some additional poison

they cost like 10 time more than fluorescent bulbs, you may save on electricity but they are still more expensive

I hated the old style pig tail bulbs but tried out the new ones that were "soft warm" and they look just like a regular bulb's lighting. Replaced them through my whole house after realizing how much money I could save on my power bill.

and in the summer?

Also they are as low as $1 bulb now in most places. I have a whole closet full of halogen bulbs I stocked up on cause Alex Jones told me they were phasing them out 12 years ago. Don't be a retard and buy the $40 dimmable-multi coloured bulbs. Get the regular ones that look like halogen and you'll be a happy home owner.

>Cree bulb that illuminated my bedroom died after 9 years

F to pay respects

wtf you can get led lamps for like 1-2€

cheapest is like £3 here in bongland

Dumbass get them from China, you can get xiaomi rgb ones for 14 bucks a pop, mines still working great a year later

>taking memes seriously

There are no white LEDs fucktard, LEDs can only emit light in one frequency. They coat blue LEDs with phosphorous material to make it yellowish.

Also enjoy 50/60 Hz flicker.

>being a non 100 CRI fag
I seriously hope you don't do this

Dunno, I liked my 5000K florescent tube. Have replaced with quality 2700K LED tube, feels like I live in pee.
Flicker is eliminated by good capacitor after FULL BRIDGE RECTIFAYA. If you bulbs are shitty - you can plug them to rectified DC. If they are that shitty, that they use capacitive dropper - just use them in toilet, garage (not as work light though)...

soyboys invented this blueshit because incandescent bulbs are evil

The LEDs are wired in series causing the whole think to stop working if one of them burn. You can just replace the burned LED or put a drop of solder in it's place and it will work again.

Attached: E2F.jpg (1024x576, 108K)

Attached: C75.jpg (1024x576, 96K)

Natural light, because its summer. I don`t keep the lights on 24/7 and anyone who does clearly doesn`t give a shit about muh environment, or energy consumption.

>incandescent bulbs that are 10% as efficient and break every few months?
>break every few months?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light

Yeah, yeah, I know, modern ones are built with planned obsolescence in mind and use pubes as filament.

It's good but for playing pingpong in the evening it's bad because the led is so fast it flicker like 60 hz. Not unplayable but you can tell the difference.

the virgin LED
>flickers
>gives you migraine headache
>emits tons of blue light
>expensive, ROI is 10 years away
>manufacturing process is costly and not environment friendly
>tons of plastic material is used
>relies on complicated circuitry and coils, capacitors and resistors
>connect to the internet to spy on you

THE CHAD INCANDESCENT
>flicker free
>calming warm light
>light spectrum peaks at yellow color
>dirt cheap as low as 10 cents per bulb, ROI is instant
>manufacturing is cheap and friendly to the environment
>no plastics used
>simple construction
>isn't botnet, respects your freedom,

Attached: 1500018910578.png (376x203, 164K)

I converted to all LED, energy saving appliances, etc. I average 20-22KWh a day, so roughly 250-275KWh a year. For reference, a decent washing machine will use 170KWh a year. My utility bills are sickening low.

Attached: electricity2.jpg (633x410, 55K)

Attached: electricity.jpg (630x159, 26K)

Just got 8 new philips hue bulbs. Work actually brighter than my old 60w bulbs.
>inb4 botnet

A hue bulb is $10 and they're warm out the box, if you want a colour shift one it's $20 and a RGB one is closer to $35

FULL

who cares about warm or cold when CRI is trash either way?

Cheap and easy doesn't mean it's good for the environment. Do you even know what how much waste this industry produces?

Idiot.

80% CRI isn't that terrible

>producing circuit boards is dirt cheap and easy, you don't have to dick around with glass either
You know there's fiberglass in circuit boards, right?

85 CRI is OK, and most bulbs that you can buy in places like wallmarts or lidls will be OK.
Sure, it will not beat 95 CRI of halogen bulb, but colors aren't greenish (as with super chinks bulb). For obvious reason red stuff is not as red, but I guess it doesn't really matter in room lightning.
Just like fluorescent lights. If you could live with them - you won't notice any difference with LEDs, but a half as small power draw.

Also incandescent are easy to recycle. No mercury or lead...

The lightbulb should be worshipped.
Worship the sun spiritually, worship the bulb scientifically

eye damage

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light
only works if it never turns off.

i remember going to the store about once or twice a year just to replace 4-8 light bulbs.
i replaced all my CFL bulbs in 2015 with LED bulbs. they were the cheapest bulbs you could get. Home Depot had philips bulbs on sale for $2/bulb. that was when the cheapest generic LED bulbs were $6/bulb.
>2015
>20+ bulbs.
>not a single failed LED bulb.

You can buy 95 guaranteed / 98 nominal diodes now. Which is getting to the point where nobody can or should care. Bulbs should catch up in 5 or 10 years. Dudeweed boutique fixtures are already shipping in 90.

How many watts does it take to make an incandescent bulb? >344W?

Attached: light bulbs.png (1640x800, 560K)

What is the proper disposal of LED bulbs?

source?

>fuse
>LCL filter
>MOV
>bridge rectifier
>smoothing caps on input and output
>8 pin switching chip
>inductor/transformer
>surface mount resistor and caps
>

pretty standard stuff.

Just fix them