How do they make money?

How do they make money?

Attached: 333333.png (967x858, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=how does duckduckgo make money
lmddgtfy.net/?q=how does duckduckgo make money
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Selling the data of its gullible userbase to the highest bidder.

They have ads related to the words you search.

lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=how does duckduckgo make money

This. every search engine without exception if it's free has to be selling your data in one way or another.

They have ads that they show you based on the search you've made but they (at least claim) don't create a profile of you over multiple searches and so on. Which if true is completely fine.

>This. every search engine without exception if it's free has to be selling your data in one way or another.
There are reasons to believe DuckDuckGo does it, but you would have to provide something to begin to suspect other search engines.

Unfortunately I don't have any evidence, this was pure conjecture of my part. But we have still to wonder how some free services like search engines or other software can sustain, or why people would waste time and money without gaining anything at all, maybe except useful development knowledge. It may sound retarded or maybe too distrustful but I wonder what would be the point of dropping Google for using Startpage or Searx as a replacement. Are we in the "let's hope they don't break my privacy by selling my data to the highest bidder, for now no proof of them doing so has appeared so it's all clear" situation, until someone actually finds proof?

Attached: The only moment when a chocolate can melt, it's when it's in my mouth.jpg (600x840, 72K)

Hmmm I wonder. Do you think the Duckduckgo owner (((Gabriel Weinberg))) being on director boards for shady online companies and also being a paid advisor to the data collecting business Cadio Inc might have something to do with how they earn money.

If you think DDG does not sell data about you, you must have gullible written on your forehead.

One point could be at least the highest bidder probably won't be CIA

Is there non-free search engines that don't sell your data?

Changing any link you click to an affiliate link if they can

I trust google more with my data than duckduckgo to be honest. They're both doing the same and I'd rather the one with inpenetrable servers get my search history.

I hate neo Jow Forums so much. Especially ITT.

Google doesn't let you access its services over Tor, DDG does. So DDG is objectively better.

Please explain what neo Jow Forums is doing wrong so that I don't do the same mistakes in the future. Right now your post does not matter

Direct payments from the CIA

>http
lmddgtfy.net/?q=how does duckduckgo make money

I don't know, but I like how they spend their money.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-17 21:08:26.png (897x610, 127K)

That's very cool tbqh. Sadly I must still insult you for tripfagging: your a fagget.

Ask the owner of duckduckgo, he has some experience in the business of selling user's personal information.

oops
gonna kys myself

Magic.

Attached: ddg.png (1701x8000, 2.69M)

How is making e-commerce links affiliate selling your data?

>How do they make money
By selling your information, since day one

Attached: ddg.png (1701x8000, 1.91M)

ads based off of keywords in the search you stupid nigger

What about searx.me?

>weinberg
woohoo!

ads and promoted links

This.
Ignore the big brained niggers.

They have ads, it's hard to notice since we (I hope you do) use ad blockers.

Why is there not a class action lawsuit then? They have ads, but they’re related to what you’re currently searching for

they sell your IP

>(((Weinberg)))
>Donates money
what in tarnation

This infographic is so autistic it hurts. Just for example the three hard hitting finale images are all showing information that would be impossible for a web server to *not* have access to, it doesn't mean they're storing this information.

Might as well use google then.

>.me
use another instance

which instance is better? the jpope one regularly breaks

whichever? .me gets too much traffic
i do the random one usually

just use proxy search engine
*cough* searx *cough*

Searx

It's good, youcan even host your own

They lie and sell data.

>duckduckgo
>not startpage.com

it is like you want to be spied on.

How is searx.me like? Seem pretty great. Basically rip off Google without giving them anything in return

/Thread

Only answer

This image is now a cursed image

My problem with it is that it doesn't have an option to search in lithuanian, display language doesn't matter

But Searx sells your data?

you fucking retards, those information are available when you browse every site.
e.g. Jow Forums cannot associate you with a real name, so they associate you with an IP address and an approximation of your location.
this board is getting dumber and dumber.

Everybody knows ddg sells your info. Ddg it

By pretending they don't 'sell data, and then selling it to Google.

I am on my work computer; its a lost cause

KEK

Based jew

I want to lewd Dax.

Attached: dax.png (512x512, 28K)

Holy fuck, you're telling me they know my user agent and IP? That's fucking incredible. I'd never trust any website that had that info. Truly unbelievable stuff here.

I almost think that image was created by someone who is pro-DDG to make anti-DDG people look retarded

do the wolf fuck the sheep

Attached: billcosby.gif (480x304, 784K)

Okay I take that back, there is Lithuanian now

Attached: 1516570774851.png (967x858, 364K)