G related careers

I start training with comcast tomorrow as Comm Tech 1

What shoild i expect?

Attached: comm-tech-visit.jpg (1000x666, 94K)

mediocrity
pain
embarrassment
nepotism
retardation
suicide

Just give up, be a shitposter, and apply to work at InMotion Hosting, the only thing they require is that you're mentally retarded.

Kid, you're going to find out exactly how terrible a company has to be to make AT&T look good.

A lot of rednecks who will keep insulting your intelligence because they broke their modems when their internet got throttled after all their monthly bandwidth got used up by malware they got on their walmart laptops after searching for questionable things online while trusting the 7 different shady antivirus programs they installed on their walmart laptops.
Yes I, speak from experience.

Any tips?

don't work as a cable repair fuckboy

Well, I quit after 2 months, I can't give you any tips besides trying to sell your soul to the devil for satanic protection. Just hope that you don't get a job at a shitty customer's house, if you're religious devote all your prayers to that.

I work help desk and am a CS student.

I don't desire to develop for a living because I don't value money over a certain threshold and don't want corporate bullshit and would rather just have an easy job with a lot of downtime that'll pay me enough for an apartment. Then I can keep learning things at the pace I did in high school and still now college and advance myself in infrastructure.

Attached: 1495928736497.jpg (497x500, 49K)

Given the shitty quality service Comcast provides expect a LOT of complaints and so help you God if they ever have to send you to my house. I'll make your life a fucking nightmare.

ever work on a hot grills or milfs stuff and make out with them or see their boobs?

I would probably kick your ass

i envy you. i repair consumer electronics for a living. the job is cool, until your boss is someone who thinks a soldering iron is a welder, and will pay $150 for an excel license you dont need or want at all but wont spend $150 on a tool that would make a crucial part of your job 10X easier

Pic related is probably you

Attached: JDvYAN_72M6DCiDSPta6jmAJJire1Lc8Qs0r9pE_DSA.png (640x378, 147K)

You try that and I'll put a bullet in you.

What makes a house or customer shitty, elaborate

>apply to work at InMotion Hosting
omg i almost got a job there!

>being so beta you resort to shooting somebody to avoid an ass whooping.
You truly are pathetic

>omg i almost got a job there!
I hope you passed, they literally take anyone they can get to move half way around the nation just to fire them the first week kek

not him, but comcast *is* fucking awful
ive had cox for over a decade and no complaints

i answered every linux question correctly but didnt know shit about networking. i told them i would study networking for a couple weeks and try again but instead i just didnt do any of that

Yeah no. You attack me in my house I've got the right to use lethal force and I won't hesitate. So just come and do your job and go. And try to do it right. I'm so fucking tired of hearing there's not enough signal getting from the pole to the house and I need an amplifier. I must have gotten about a dozen amplifiers over the past several years and none have fixed the fucking problem. Not to mention the last amplifier they installed was actually a fucking unity gain buffer. Do you fucks even know what the hell you're doing?

Worked for Comcast and on the Google Fiber project.

Pros:
>Home garaging the company truck
>Company pays for the gas
>Insurance lowers on your personal vehicle
>Steady hours and decent pay of you work in the metro area
>Easy job for easy money
>Get offered drugs and booze occasionally

Cons:
>Prepare to see some of the nastiest homes you've ever seen
>the fucking smells
>Dumbass customers
>Attics mid summer

>Insurance lowers on your personal vehicle

Why?

Welcome to the team

Its a huge company and good luck. Are you residential or business side?

This. I was a comcast cuckstomer for 14 years and the only good thing I got was a free speed bump from 25/5 to 150/10 mbps while paying 90 a month. Then it suddenly dropped to 40/1 and I replaced my modem+router and nothing, going past the 1TB cap every month too. Tech comes over and claims it was my fault and he didn't fix it. I canceled that shit and now I'm paying 70 a month for frontier fios 150/150

Tell your insurance your company provides a vehicle and you only drive ypur car on weekends.

How to deal with birds poop and wasps in attics.

The best advice I can give you is to remember this:
>Everyone closes their tabs before washing their hands.

Residential

What are the opportunities for career development like?

I had one job with a very hot girl, she was walking around in panties and a crop-top, saw her tits when she bent down to open up the closet where they kept the box in which their modem came, I was rocking a boner the whole time, I am pretty sure she noticed. She gave me a can of coke and purposefully acted sexy as fuck, I charged her less than what support told her and told her that if she had any troubles she could ask for me when calling support. I know she did it for attention and a discount, but damn, I'd do it for free for such a godly sight. I also had some other jobs where I was rocking a boner the whole time, a few of the girls that gave me boners were probably underage and I've had one at a solid MILF's house too, but most customers don't care to entertain or even acknowledge the fact that you're human. I got a drink from a kind customer once a week or so, it was not enough to offset the absolute horrible jobs though. I never fucked a customer or whatever though, I didn't really even have time for that though, I did it for the money, not to fuck customers, I came closer to fucking snapping and beating up customers most of the time anyways.
From the second you greet them, they snare at you and say some stupid shit. While you're trying to figure out what the issue is, they say some stupid shit every minute or so and claim that you are the cause of the problems in the first place. Every 1 out of 3 sounds that come out of their horrible smelling mouths is basically made to annoy you. At the end they'll likely tell you to fuck off already or some other shit to really try and get to you, you have to keep your calm to not beat them to death, that's basically half your job.

How can you even say this, Cox has a monthly data cap on all of their plans, even if you pay for Gigabit. You can literally hit the data cap on Gigabit in a matter of a few hours which makes me question why they even sell the plan to begin with. I'm still a customer though because fuck the alternative

holy fuck
I worked there
A few of the other T1 techs I hung out with were decent, but I still don't understand how most of them tie their shoes in the morning

I lasted 6 months
My call times were too long because I actually solved shit

Were you guys VBO, LAX, or Denver?

Attached: dog-note.png (480x375, 37K)

RIP

What state are you in?

Washington, Seattle area

VBO, T1 made it to T2 until I realized I could walk down the street and get the same job for 2x the pay. I quit the day a new training class came in, loud mouth New York t1 trainee bitching about no PowerShell scripts in Cent made me kek

LAX, Whenever Todd asks for shit I want to pull up an article on it and tell him I can send it to him. Was in VA and Denver for a minute; I don't know how they qualify t1s but they're like fuckin Beetles songs for every 10 bad ones there's one slightly good one.

sysadmin, 15 years here

I work for a small-ish MSP, and it's hell. The boss it always up everyones ass about how to handle our customers, there is so much work I havn't had a weekend to myself in months.

We constantly push cheap solutions that break, then we bill for them when they do... I just want to deploy some good tech, but when you work for an MSP, thats almost impossible.

Attached: feels.png (1097x835, 592K)

I was VBO early 2017.
Don't laugh too hard or they'll port PS to Linux.
The office was way more chill after the T3s moved to another building.

T2S? If so, is Systems still Aware®?
Todd seemed really chill whenever he was at VBO.

Sounds like a shit workplace

T2c. I wish I was in systems, would be fun to tell people they can't get shit they paid for (IPs) because their reason of "I paid for it" isn't good enough.

Todd was chill but then again, the dude running the facility don't know if still there Indian really Ras kinda dude would basically suck his dick.

It is, if you want hardware that's down for shared servers; if you want old hardware that you're paying more for, if you want SSD hosting for twice the cost, outdated Apache and RSA required SSH go inmotion, the only good thing is you can just send people support articles all day and as long as you say their name twice you're okay. That and blame everything on DNS.

>Don't laugh too hard or they'll port PS to Linux.
They already did. She's gonna be in heaven. My last day I was walking by Tony's room two retards, one guy looking at Blender videos, and another one getting bitched at for doing a node install with NVM, while the retard bitch was melting down about no powershell and turnkey using Windows servers. Don't miss it.

>15 years of experience
>still at an employer you hate

You depress the shit out of me

>I wish I was in systems, would be fun to tell people they can't get shit they paid for (IPs) because their reason of "I paid for it" isn't good enough.
I had a friend in systems, it wasn't that much fun apparently. Mostly just babysitting nagios.

>That and blame everything on DNS.
Holy shit, I forgot about the propagation meme

>Holy shit, I forgot about the propagation meme
>ecbiz217 breaks because systems fucked up the Apache upgrade or a waterpipe burst.
>Yeah.. Uhhh ma'am Petlovers4ct.org is down because the DNS hasn't fully propagated... Yeah.. It's the A Record you need to wait on.. for realsies.

>a LAX DC router kicks the bucket, knocks the whole thing offline
>can't get to PP or pdesk
>calls queued up 40 deep
>"hi we don't know what the fuck is going on but we're working on it and don't have an ETA so check our status page bye"

>previous tech royally fucked up a data restoration and data, no backups esc customer gets years of free hosting and blame goes on you

>Complete network insecurity brings PowerPanel offline, incapable of anything answer phone and tell them to call back later.

>Shared Hosting is fucked because Apache isn't updated

>Schools call in and bitch because the Moodle update in Softaculous requires a higher Apache Version and Barracuda

>Guy bitches about email client not working with phone, ends up buying MS 365 for Outlook, no one in the Company has thought to run an AWS/Single Server or become an Office 365 reseller and double the profit from one sale

>Customer Service is retarded, all instances apply.

>Good Agent is a hardworker and does well to resolve, gets fired. Dude blazing it in the parking and guy who belongs in mythbusters who prides himself on not being technical still hired or promoted.

>It's another episode of T1E being uppity and not knowing there are millions of ways to implement a local INI in .htacess besides the worst "Give it user permissions" SuPHP

God I will never miss that place.

Depresses me to, my man... I love where I live, but job prospects for my talent are non-existent. I can go back to the cities and get a job, but living in the city is draining...

Her name's Randi and she's the best tech on the floor, I'm hoping she makes Pod Lead, and who cares about PowerShell and her using it? Half of you twits use PuTTY. The Blender kid got an graduation because he has potential. The guy you're talking about with the NVM was let go, he used to work for Oracle so we didn't need to honor graduate him and held him to a higher standard and all he did was bitch about it being unfair so he became a customer.

Holy fuck you’re pressing that cunt for anything? I slacked her once about use PHPmyAdmin for a DB search/replace and she didn’t listen to me. What the fuck is a potential graduate? Like he sucks but is good? And Oracle dude was fired? Sucks. Then again the floor word would say he was a Russian spy because he was from Belarus or something. I did hear about grading him harder and marking him for shit because he should know more but it’s a T1 you’re the Mcdonalds Cashier of the IT world. I could see if it was systems. I was talking the other day with him about doing a fake version generator.

lol wut
you're grading a dude harder and don't expect someone to complain?

I thought he was being promoted to customer Friday?

Either you guys are all higher up or you guys have literally no "No Gossip" policy and you're all cunts. Either way sounds like a terrible place.

Does your company know even if it’s a joke discrimination on national origin is illegal? If he’s Eastern European he’s white so that normally doesn’t apply but still.

Fuck off. You are the reason I wish we could fire customers. KYS or fix your own damn internet bitch. Give me your account number and I'll disconnect you for you if you dont like the service.

If you have speed problems you may want to check your wiring. ALL OF YOUR WIRING. If there are no outages or signal issues check your fucking wiring. You probably live in a shitty apartment with o e fucking cable outlet.

>If you have speed problems you may want to check your wiring. ALL OF YOUR WIRING. If there are no outages or signal issues check your fucking wiring. You probably live in a shitty apartment with o e fucking cable outlet.
That and check with the usage in your area make sure your neighbor isn't mining. If you really need speed go to Verizon in a populated area and get Fiber. Most of the speed issues I've found come from assholes using their 10 gigabit connection to run a Minecraft Server in their apartment.

Rage. If your dont already drink I recommend russian standard platinum. Also, remember this is just a job. Don't ever let a customer think they are getting to you, it only makes them try harder. Also, when you get good customers make sure they know how much we value them. They are the only reason this job is doable. I'm tier 1 hsi.

A bit of advice feel free to not take it. If you ever have to speak with speak with someone from the internet/phone department and they sound stateside ask them if they've already had their coffee. It's better than WD40 for removing the stick from a phone agent's ass.