Seriously, this shit have a future?

Seriously, this shit have a future?

Attached: rust.png (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.rs/futures/0.2.0/futures/
computerworld.com/article/3199425/web-browsers/top-web-browsers-2018-firefox-share-slips-post-quantum.html
dlang.org/spec/betterc.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It passed one second since its creation, so I guess yeah.

It has futures.
docs.rs/futures/0.2.0/futures/

the future is fearless

Isn't it an external crate tho?

Not unless someone ports Angular to it. :^)

considering its the "most loved programming language" according to stack overflow's survey for the last 3 years, I'd say yes

modern C++ makes it pretty useless

>modern C++
You mean recent. Go is recent, not modern.

Attached: 1523540960971.png (1902x3854, 474K)

no because Golang or C/C++ are basically all you need for writing fast programs

Go doesn't belong to the same category.

> golang

comparing golang to rust or C++ is disgraceful by itself

>considering its the "most loved programming language" according to stack overflow's survey for the last 3 years, I'd say yes
You mean SJW overflow then yes.

yes, and for good reasons, "futures" (and promises) are a very opinionated feature (that is, you can pick different flavors of implementations that would act like futures), and more general monadic features are probably too weird to be included on core libraries.

As long as SJW don't run it into the ground.

The language (and guarantees it makes) make programming great once you understand lifetimes and quit coding shitty software. Terrible for prototyping - so if you don't meticulously plan out your programs properly you'll be fighting the compiler to fix errors the entire time.

It's a heavy hitter in Mozilla and so by extension the LGBT/SanFran faggotry that comes with Mozilla after outing its founder.

And before that,
The hype train was all Haskell.
See how that turned out, right?
Rust has no future.
It's 2 years into its 3 year hype cycle.
In another year, when people have actually tried to deploy Rust code
And it turns out a disaster like Firefox Quantum
They'll throw it in the trash. Where it belongs honestly.

Firefox quantum is an unmitigated disaster for Rust
Mozilla is doubling down by putting the Quantum lead in charge of all products
Mozilla is dead
Rust's autism driven development killed it
If you don't want your company to suffer the same fate
*avoid Rust*

computerworld.com/article/3199425/web-browsers/top-web-browsers-2018-firefox-share-slips-post-quantum.html

>stack overflow's
So, in other words, it's the most loved programming language among SJW freaks and other copypasting non-programmer types who won't be around once this idiotic "social movement" dies down again. Good job.

Only if your future is dickless and if you enjoy going to conferences where every speaker is a mentally ill tranny.

>"futures" (and promises) are a very opinionated feature
Do you have a link who discuss about it? I don't know much about Rust, but I'd like to hear some pros and cons about futures.

(that is, you can pick different flavors of implementations that would act like futures), and more general monadic features are probably too weird to be included on core libraries.

barely

Enjoy your bloated mess

>muh GC boogeyman

Not defending Rust, but I'm pretty sure Quantum is a disaster because of the webextension shit, not Rust.

Fuck off mate. A GCd language simply isn't a systems programming language, no matter how hard you try to push it as one.
A requirement for being a competitor against C, C++, or Rust is the ability to manually manage memory and not need a GC, and have the standard library fully usable while doing that (so that rules out D as well).

>(so that rules out D as well)
no not really.
dlang.org/spec/betterc.html

Go is utter garbage though

Well Tor project choose Rust, because it's a saffer language. I think it has future.