WHOIS is bankrupt and finished

Press F to pay respects

Attached: whois dead.png (551x971, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2004/02/05/seven_years_jail/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Europe becomes paradise only chess pizza...

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Attached: 1519515404639.gif (499x499, 45K)

block Euro IPs.

A lot of European top level domains don't have a whois that share more than an email address. And some don't even share that.

.eu and .nl only share an email address for example.
.se hides all information. And .gr has no whois I believe.
,es shows a name and email

It all works just fine.

Bad side effect but at the end it will uncuck the internet extremely.

F anyway

Icann has literally done nothing at all for the last 20 years.
They did nothing with the whois. They did nothing with spam complaints.
Even when they gave out new extensions they didn't even properly regulate it.

Attached: 92d48d033e99b216170f6a7067001d3a(1).jpg (800x924, 94K)

>EU is first country to make a significant pro-freedom move since 9/11
>UK leaves EU
This can't be a coincidence. This life that I'm living is a true hell. I would've ended it by now, but /noguns/, and the local PC made me bin all my knives. I want off the Tories wild ride.

>Register domain name
>Immediately inundated with junk email and phone calls offering shit tier web hosting and design services
>US tries to put you in jail if you use fake info in domain registration
>theregister.co.uk/2004/02/05/seven_years_jail/

Good riddance.

What do I press to spit on its grave?

Great, now fewer women will have their info doxxed and nudes leaked.

Buy whois protection like a normal person :^)

>Europe makes vague GDPR rules that lack specifics in many instances.
>Gets mad at ICANN for WHOIS replacement being too vague and lacking specifics in many instances.

My company is scrambling to implement GDPR controls and policies. It's not even funny how open to interpretation a lot of the rules are.

That's probably at least partly intentional, because the more specific you make a law, the more ways you create to obey the letter while violating the spirit. Look at financial regulation in the US. With Sarbanes-Oxley after Enron in the early 2000s and then again with Dood-Frank after the recession, Congress passed thousand page bills saying "Here's 100 things you're not allowed to do, precisely defined", and corporate America promptly started looking for (and quickly found) items 101, 102, 103....

S

S
Fuck that shit is

based GDPR, now I can finally host my drug selling site without all my info being up there

nice link faggot

And that's a good thing

>TFW I bought a domain and the whois only show registar info and something like "the owner want to stay anonymous, do not contact"

Attached: highres.jpg (2808x4212, 1.11M)

S

This but unironically

I didn't really use it but whois seemed useful, why are all so happy to see it gone? Genuine question, I can only think of spam mails/calls but that's another issue that should be dealth with.

It's a meme started by Jow Forumstards after Cloudflare took down their Nazi safe space

And then there are the ones that require everything because we can't have you hosting hate crime now can we?

Because if I host something doesn't mean I want everyone to know me.
Imagine I host a website where people upload hentai. I don't want anyone to get to the site only by searching for my name.

This is nice for small sites, but this will make proving who is involved with various drama and scandals and conspiracies a lot more difficult.

*spit*
good fucking riddance

Theres lots of hosters that will hide your personal info

Yeah but having specific well defined laws prevents the law from being abused. It was one of the reasons the plebs of Rome loved the twelve tables.
Having vague law subject to interpretation of the "spirit" of the law allows any charismatic person with a good lawyer to completely woo the courts in his favor. You create a system of corruption and nepotism. Asia has understood this for thousands of years, hence why Confucius was so popular.

whois is cancer and its only good if its gone

only trolls and spammers need the address and name of someone that keeps a blog or other hobby site. theres no reason to require valid whois information from anything that is not a company.

It was fucking useless anyway.

Can we build a firewall around the EU and not let them infect the rest of the internet?

This is where the real scam is when it came to whois. Its very dangerous having all this info exposed for no benefit

Oh no the evil EU tries to infect the Internet with more anonymity!

What does it mean?

>he didn't get a free OwO service

Attached: 2018-04-03-222539_225x314_scrot.png (225x314, 8K)

Good. The only ones who should be able to access this kind of data is companies who pay for it.

And there's no reason people should be forced to use their services if they wish to fly under the radar.

There is no legit reason a private individual needs that information. The only people who want it are spammers, scummy lawyers, and trolls.

How about keeping the service online and telling Europe to go fuck itself and burn to the ground?

F