/mpv/

what's the best tscale?

Attached: 1523839536565.jpg (1200x630, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/plex_media_player.html
lhc70000.github.io/iina/
mpv.io/manual/master/#lua-scripting-utils-readdir(path-[,-filter])
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-target-peak
github.com/jonniek/mpv-playlistmanager
github.com/occivink/mpv-gallery-view
lhc70000.github.io/iina/features/
github.com/kornelski/dssim
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone have the basic conf file for windows? I usually use Linux but I'm stuck on Win for another hour....

what do you mean? everything works on windows out of the box without any configuration. unless you have something specific you want to change.

well, this shit is old/wrong... that much I remember.

# Default example config: mpv_example.conf

## Video
# vo (opengl-hq | opengl)
# hwdec (auto | auto-copy | no)
vo=opengl-hq
hwdec=auto

## OSC
# osc-layout (box | slimbox | bottombar | topbar)
# osc-seekbarstyle (slider | bar)
script-opts=osc-layout=box,osc-seekbarstyle=slider

## OSD
osd-font="Segoe UI"
osd-scale-by-window=no
osd-scale=0.4
no-osd-bar

## Screenshot
# Format (jpg | png)
screenshot-format=jpg
# screenshot-template="C:\Users\USER_NAME\Pictures\Screenshots\%f-%p"

## Streaming
# tls-verify

## Window
keep-open
# geometry=50%:50%

the only thing that changed is profile=gpu-hq instead of vo=opengl-hq. and hwdec=no is better most of the time unless you have really shitty computer.

thanks. no, def not a shitty computer here. lol
anyway, can't wait to leave win10.

i have a shitty ip camera that have rtsp stream with authentication, how do i pass mpv the credentials?
mpv rtsp://user:[email protected]/play1.sdp
doesn't seem to work

Latest adaptive sharpen shader is really good!

Is mpv-android worth using? It doesn't seem to support playlists

Yes! Hope madshi is going to update it for the next madVR.

Android is a limited system, you don't need playlist feature.

I'd quite like playlist feature, that's my point

I use oversample for Movies/TV and Triangle for Anime

>doesn't even support native HDR passthrough
lmaoing tbqh

>hwdec=no is better most of the time unless you have really shitty computer
How shitty are we talking?

hwdec should only be used if you're having performance issues. Such as your CPU not being powerful enough or simply getting too loud for your enjoyment.

I don't notice a difference

I've disabled it, thanks.

is mpv dead? haasn hasn't worked on it for more than a month
also the latest versions give me some yellow flicker for a frame when I go full screen, what could that be?

There's no good reason not to use hardware decoding if it's available, disabling it just wastes energy. The decoded video needs to be sent to the GPU anyway so those operations might as well be done there.

Nice FUD

Attached: hwdec.jpg (1080x1671, 675K)

d3d11va is safe with ra_d3d11

Yea... thats what it says.
user said
>There's no good reason not to use hwdec
That's not true, there are good reasons not to. Read the last paragraph of the pic.

>no hwdec
>no cheap 3x or 4x CPU motherboard
How should we play 2018 video files?

>m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/plex_media_player.html
Is it the Kodi killer? It's mpv based...

Is mpv worth using on macOS?

lhc70000.github.io/iina/

I'll check it out in a bit. Thanks, user.

>Is it the Kodi killer? It's mpv based...
It uses paid subscriptions.

Best config for a GTX1080, 1440P, 75Hz on Windows 10? I using the last git version.

Thanks in advance!

For 24p content:
speed = 1.0427093760427093760427093760427 so you can get rid of any judder without making things blurrier with interpolation
cscale = whatever, hardly matters
RGB doubling with FSRCNN of your choice
Upscaling of shit that doesn't need to be doubled with SSSR
All the other crap that already comes with profile=gpu-hq

For non 24p content:
Get rid of the speed line
Use interpolation with tscale=oversample (needs video-sync=display-resample)

If you want to go full meme for negligible gains, use krig-bilateral for chroma.

Thanks and CHECKED!

The last paragraph was written before ra_d3d11 was a thing and therefore d3d11va wasn't safe either, this combination in specific is safe and there's nothing wrong about it unless your files are corrupted. In the case the files are indeed corrupted, swdec has better chances of being able to give you a decent output.

Note that most things are fairly subjective, just experiment with settings until you like it.
If your display was calibrated to be used in windows, it probably has a 2.2 power gamma curve so adding

target-prim=bt.709
target-trc=gamma2.2

Might be a good idea too.
By default mpv expects the display to have a BT.1886 gamma curve, which is the standard for video, but Windows doesn't use it.

Lua wizards, assemble.
How do I check if mpv was opened with or without a specified file? Kode below doesn't seem to work.
if (mp.get_property("filename") == nil) then
--things I want to happen if no file was specified
end

my conf look like this, I got xeon @4ghz and p4000. I don't now why everything look so shitty except rare earth video from youtube shot in 4k

# Video settings
vo=gpu
vo-vdpau-composite-detect=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
hwdec=vdpau
framedrop=vo
save-position-on-quit
# window
title="${filename}"
geometry=50%:50%
autofit-larger=92%x92%

no-border
no-osc
# no-sub

ytdl=yes
ytdl-format=315+251/266+140/308+251/264+140/299+140/303+251/298+140/137+140/136+140/302+140/135+140/134+140/133+140/160+140/bestvideo+bestaudio
# ytdl-format=bestvideo+bestaudio/best
user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.186 Safari/537.36
rtsp-transport=tcp
# Etc
[extension.webp]
# autofit-larger=90%x90%
profile=gpu-hq
# video-aspect=no
# mute=yes
# scale=ewa_lanczossharp
# background=0.1
# video-unscaled=yes
pause
[extension.JPG]
profile=gpu-hq
# video-aspect=no
# mute=yes
# scale=ewa_lanczossharp
# autofit-larger=92%x92%
# background=0.1
# video-unscaled=yes
pause

Figured I might as well ask here. Does madVR always apply chroma scaling? I tried to set a profile that only does scaling if the source is less than 1080p, but it applies chroma scaling to 1080p video anyway (even though it doesn't do any image scaling).

Arugh what the fuck
Start from scratch user

help me please

Using WIndows 7, I can't tell if mpv is actually using exclusive fullscreen or not. How can I troubleshoot this?

Back up your conf file and start with profile=gpu-hq
Test and see how it goes
Looking at your current config... I assume you need those hwdec options? If you don't get rid of them. Your cosmetic tweaks can stay

profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

title="${filename}"
geometry=50%:50%
autofit-larger=92%x92%
no-border
no-osc

save-position-on-quit

user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.186 Safari/537.36"

[extension.jpg]
pause

[extension.webp]
profile=extension.jpg

No idea what you're trying to do with your ytdl-format? Do you want to limit to a certain resolution or anything? If you want highest quality then you don't need anything in your config and can just use default. Your profile=gpu-hq is only underneath your extension profiles and not sure why you have a bunch of shit commented out there?

bump with low quality miku with jpeg artifacts and facebook filename for attention
(posting sauce on this pic is just as welcome as solving my problem with mpv)

Attached: 11219318_875895805815870_4522488341950681925_n.jpg (684x960, 100K)

You can open folders as playlists, not much more though
It does, you're just too retarded

Also, how do I pick a random file from given directory in lua? Preferably with specified extension, but eh, that's not mandatory.
I've seen some answers on that topic on stackoverflow, but all of them are either platform dependent or require an external library.

What the fuck is that speed meme?

Chroma is always upscaled.

Works for me. Are there any error messages when you launch with mpv --force-window --idle

use mpvs built in shuffle feature?

It makes 23.976 fps content play at 25fps, his monitor has a refresh rate of 75Hz so it'll always just repeat each frame 3 times.

why can't you fucks add some basic missing features to the psuedo gui

I'm not very good when it comes to programming and I've never used lua, but what I would do is something along the lines of:
1) Read all files in the directory into an array.
2) os.execute("mpv array[math.random(1,len(array))]")

why would you fuck with the speed setting manually when you can just use display sync and have it work for every frame rate?

Let me explain what I'm trying to achieve. I usually keep mpv open all the time to quickly drag-drop urls and files onto it. Whereas mpv logo is certainly nice, I'd rather stare at something different when there's no file open. Ideally at randomly chosen picture from my mpv backgrounds collection which is growing bigger every day. See .
What I have for now is that script: ("No file" is the actual filename, visual shenanigans and stuff)
function idle_load_picture()
mp.set_property("video", "auto")
mp.commandv("loadfile", "No file", "replace", "taskbar-progress=no,keep-open=yes,osc=no")
mp.osd_message("No file")
end

--if (mp.get_property("filename") == nil) then
-- idle_load_picture()
--end
mp.add_key_binding("x", "load_picture", idle_load_picture)
mp.register_event("idle", idle_load_picture)

a keybind to call it (i use ` to close current file instead of closing mpv)
` script-binding idle_load_picture/load_picture

and a several tweaks to keep mpv open, such as:
force-window=yes
keep-open=yes #always fucks up playlists
idle=yes

I *could* use an alias such as mpv-idle=mpv --{ "No file" --taskbar-progress=no --keep-open=yes --osc=no --} to open mpv without a file, but hey, why decide manually if I want to launch mpv or mpv-idle when I could have a script handle it for me.
Mpv goes idle when opening with no file specified, but it takes a good second before the idle even launches and triggers my function - that's why I'd rather have it execute on mpv start when there's no file specified.
As for now, my if statement in the script doesn't work as intended. That's why it's commented out.

Thanks, will look into that.

Yeah, that's what I'd do if there were any way to read directory contents into an array. See:
>I've seen some answers on that topic on stackoverflow, but all of them are either platform dependent or require an external library.

Attached: mpv_2018-04-18_22-33-57.png (960x540, 704K)

>read directory contents into an array
mpv.io/manual/master/#lua-scripting-utils-readdir(path-[,-filter])

mpv ~/Pictures/mpvlogos --shuffle

Try setting --idle --force-window instead of keep-open". Also your filename checking seems like it would be redundant with your idle register_event

Attached: bIZNaUs.png (331x331, 9K)

>Try setting --idle --force-window instead of keep-open"
Will do, although I'm pretty sure something breaks for me if I don't have this one option. The other two are in mpv.conf anyways, see >Also your filename checking seems like it would be redundant with your idle register_event
It is. However,
>Mpv goes idle when opening with no file specified, but it takes a good second before the idle even launches and triggers my function - that's why I'd rather have it execute on mpv start when there's no file specified.
Alias / starting the function manually is waaaaay faster. Not really an issue, but seeing black screen -> mpv logo -> my picture triggers my autism a little bit.

Okay, and how do I make it stop playback at first pic? keep-open=always doesn't work even though it should.

Using keep-open seems to keep the last file loaded after it ends and mpv won't go back to idle, at least for me.

It's sorta convoluted but you can configure mpv for "native" HDR playback
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-target-peak (see the note)

Why isn't the speed property documented?
mp.set_property("speed", new_speed)
this works like I want it to, but I don't see the "speed" property in the manpage. All I see is --speed

None of the tradeoffs mentioned in that image is worth the power cost of not using hardware decoding. Prove me wrong.

--pause or --keep-open=always

what script are you making?

When I press RIGHT the video speeds up for a few seconds instead of skipping forward by a few seconds. Press it several times and it speeds up more each time.

local function inc_speed()
local new_speed = mp.get_property("speed")+.2
mp.osd_message("▶▶ x"..new_speed, 2.5)
end
local function dec_speed()
local new_speed = mp.get_property("speed")-.2
if new_speed < 1.2 then new_speed = 1 end -- clear up FP imprecision

mp.osd_message("▶▶ x"..new_speed, 2.5)
end

local function fastforward_handle()
inc_speed()
mp.add_timeout(2.5, dec_speed )
end

local function seekback_handle()
mp.commandv("seek", -5)
mp.set_property("speed", 1)
end

mp.add_forced_key_binding("RIGHT", "fastforward", fastforward_handle, {repeatable=true} )
mp.add_forced_key_binding("LEFT", "seekback", seekback_handle, {repeatable=true} )

>Most options can be set as runtime via properties as well. Just remove the leading -- from the option name. These are not documented. Only properties which do not exist as option with the same name, or which have very different behavior from the options are documented below.

Oh... dumb.

Okay, finally got it to work. mp.commandv("loadfile", "mpv-logos", "replace", "keep-open=always,osc=no,shuffle=")

Shuffle is the only option that works, the other are ignored. Any ideas why? Also, I've tried mp.command("playlist-clear") to clear the playlist afterwards, but it doesn't work either.

Does MPV have playlist like IIAA and VLC have?

yeah mpv has playlists. I use this user script to interact with it: github.com/jonniek/mpv-playlistmanager

tried it. shitty playlist

Try another then? The playlist functionality is in mpv; the interface you choose for it is up to you.

This one does thumbnails github.com/occivink/mpv-gallery-view

lhc70000.github.io/iina/features/

local mp = require 'mp'
local utils = require 'mp.utils'

local path = "mpv-logos"
local files = utils.readdir(path, "files")

function load_random_background()
filename = utils.join_path(path, files[math.random(1, #files)])
mp.set_property("video", "auto")
mp.commandv("loadfile", filename, "replace", "osc=no,title=No file - mpv")
mp.osd_message("No file")
end

math.randomseed(os.time())
--if (mp.get_property("path") == nil) then
-- load_random_background()
--end
mp.add_key_binding("x", "load_random_background", load_random_background)
mp.register_event("idle", load_random_background)

Now, that's what I wanted all along. Apparently it was wayy easier to use readdir, also I can store return value while mpv is open, so it's less syscalls than opening a playlist each time. Thank you all for help. Curse that guy who didn't tell me that "require" is an actual thing in lua.
Only one question remains - how do I fix my if condition? Neither filename or path seems to work.

video-sync=display-resample will only let it be adjusted in a +- 1%. You need 4% to make 23.976 become 25.

>If you run into any weird decoding issues, frame glitches or discoloration, and you have --hwdec turned on, the first thing you should try is disabling it.
You're wrong

autistic color accuracy isn't worth wasted power.

hwdec is always fine if it's d3d11va on ra_d3d11. Learn to read.

Frame glitches too?

Not everyone uses windows retard

my computer doesn't run on a battery it is plugged into the wall

So is my computer but waste is offensive.

>waste is offensive.
Then stop posting on here.

this website is the biggest waste of time to have ever and will ever exist

builds by lachs0r or shinchiro?

Is there a recommended config for my viewing pleasure on 144hz monitors?

builds by your fucking processor you lazy son of a bitch.

:(

I think I'm going back to NNEDI3 from RAVU...

>Only one question remains - how do I fix my if condition? Neither filename or path seems to work.
if (mp.get_property("path") == nil) then
load_random_background()
end

Come on guys, checking if mpv was open with or without a file can't be this hard. Shame(less?) self bump with attention pic.

Attached: 11659559_877719165633534_1758044179951138484_n.jpg (751x952, 64K)

Then blame your shitty implementation, hwdec by itself is fine.

Ravu and NNEDI3 look pretty much the same to me.
Also compared with github.com/kornelski/dssim
ravu-r3 - 0.026520
ravu-r4 - 0.026813
nnedi3-nns64-win8x4 - 0.026186

best mpv config

This series works on MPC-HC but won't open in mpv. Any ideas?

[ 0.086][i][display-tags] File tags:
[ 0.087][i][display-tags] Title: [Reaktor]Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans S01 - E01
[ 0.088][f][cplayer] No video or audio streams selected.
[ 0.089][v][cplayer] finished playback, no audio or video data played (reason 4)
[ 0.090][i][cplayer]
[ 0.091][i][cplayer]
[ 0.092][i][cplayer] Exiting... (Errors when loading file)

File info that may or may not be relevant:
Video: HVC1 1920x1080 23.976fps [V: hevc main 10, yuv420p10le, 1920x1080 [default]]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [A: Japanese [jpn] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo) [default]]
Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [S: English Subtitles [eng] (ass) [default]]
Subtitle: UTF-8 [S: No subtitles]

>mfw I switch to mpv-build-git

Attached: 1464297538283.jpg (570x574, 24K)

but that isn't HDR passthrough

plays fine for me

Attached: uu.jpg (1920x1080, 614K)

log with verbose mode