Unremovable Windows 7 telemetry

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7
>Warning: As of late 2016, Windows updates are combined into inseparable batches. This means that you cannot remove bullshit telemetry "updates" reliably. The only options are to run Windows with known vulnerabilities, run Windows with microsoft spyware, or to not run Windows at all.
Is this true, Jow Forums?

Attached: g6eXvytqsXJyMkyFyPL2ED-1200-80.jpg (779x438, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Wyse-/UnlimitedUpdateWorks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

If it is in that wiki then it is true

yes. If you're still on w7 as a main OS you're an idiot.

>If you're still on w7 as a main OS you're an idiot.
>if you update w7 you're an idiot
>if you don't you're an idiot
windos life is hard

No, just more loonix soymongering by someone jelly of an OS that actually works while still retaining basic privacy features

Unlike with w10 in w7 you actually have full control about which ksb packages to install making it possible to avoid blacklisted ones containing telemtry, spybot anti beacon takes care of the rest

B-b-but, I remember a /. article in 2009 that Windows 7's DRM is so draconian, it won't even let you run your cracked Photoshop.

>PC starts "losing" my entire profile and boots with a temporary one.
>Files are still there but my preferences and such cannot be read.
>Restart and everything is fine again.
>2 days later happens again and rebooting isn't fixing it.

Thankfully I found a fix and it seems to be holding. Had to rename my profile folder with regedit so Win7 pulls from a backup and reassembles things.

Almost pissed myself in anger and fear when it first happened.

>allowing windows to update
Are you brainlet or just masochist?

>not allowing Windows to update
enjoy Meltdown and Spectre :^)

I havent had loss of data or sign of virus (visible symptoms like mining bitcoin on background) for 10+ years. And honestly if my machine secretly DDOS somebody else server or monitors my activities, i dont care.

And if you were educated a bit, you would know that meltdown nor spectre were fixed yet and even intel made a news to NOT UPDATE microcode because it just bricks your mobo.

I'm having this same shit for the past week, what the fuck is niggersoft doing?

>Is this true, Jow Forums?
yes

the issue isn't about selectively enabling updates it's about microsoft bundling telemetry in with more benign updates, you either take the security fix update with telemetry or you run a potentially vulnerable system

>windows users with updates

Attached: this is ok.jpg (924x458, 84K)

>last update was in 2015
living on the edge lads

>not run Windows at all.

Attached: y.jpg (810x1024, 64K)

>posting in a windows thread because no one posts in his irrelevant os thread
devilish

I wanted to reinstall my station and put a dual boot Parrot / Windows 7 or Windows 10.

I didn't want the windows 10 telemetry but you're saying that either way, I'm fucked?
Wat do?
Go 98SE?

Attached: 1505809669686.png (658x901, 64K)

>spybot antibeacon
>using proprietary anti spying software

Attached: 1477949860486.jpg (1284x980, 262K)

Technically, yes. However security only updates exist and can be installed manually through the microsoft update catalog (or with wsusoffline), so installing the monthly rollups which include telemetry is not required to keep Windows 7 patched. You can also use this to get notified when new security only updates get released:
github.com/Wyse-/UnlimitedUpdateWorks

Holy shit this happens with me too.
Is some update that cause this shit?

Talking about that, what are good maintenance tools, the wiki seems to be a bit out of date.

>privazer
Ccleaner is bloated, it's starting to annoy me.
The good function I like about it is the wiping, since Eraser keeps crashing at the end of every wipe.

so?

Is there a guide for updates somewhere? Like a pastebins for which ones not to get?