Is having an Indian partner for any sort of STEM class the worst fate a man can suffer?

Is having an Indian partner for any sort of STEM class the worst fate a man can suffer?

>have indian lab partner for a microprocessors course
>come to learn he was actually born and lives in Queens, NY but still has that retarded accent and shitty cultural tendencies somehow
>This microprocessors course has a huge lab component worth 65% of our final grade
>The first two labs are solo labs, one is working with software interrupts, the second is implementing divison and modulus on a RISC architecture without using pseudo instruction
>okay_this_aint_half_bad.png
>Lab three rolls around, at which point you must start working with your partner
>The lab is reading and writing from a uart port on the development board we're given to use
>Indian guy is basically impossible to understand, mumbles to himself and just sits there watching me work
>Has this bizarre tendency to write things down in his notebook, show me, and then pretend that he contributed to the code being written
>Figure the lab out in a few hours, turns out it's just load and store to and from a board specific memory address which I found by reading the board documentation online
>injun can't even figure out load/store
>>>>in a fucking class about assembly on a basically featureless chip
>christ almight this is gonna be a rough semester
>get third lab completely functional, email it to lab partner for him to write comments on it as that's part of our grade
>think to myself, "self, there's no way this pooinloo is dumb enough to completely destroy the code by literally NOT KNOWING WHAT A COMMENT IS, right?"
>he sends it back to me, i naively turn it in thinking that it would still work, cause they're just comments, right?
>two days after it was due i decide to go into our submission server and pull the .s file we submitted
>run it
>completely fucking broken
>ask indian what the fuck he did
>"brrrroooooo it was liek dat b4 i comnt it bro"
>cont

Attached: smug poo.jpg (866x1300, 168K)

I dunno, mine did all the work for my final project in machine design and and we got an A-
thanks Anik

>have to spend the rest of the debugging fucking COMMENTS because this dipshit cheating his way through all his introductory courses to the point that he doesn't know what a god damn comment even IS
>have to turn the work in two days late at a 40% late penalty
>poo man constantly calls me, texts me, emails me asking whether or not """"our""""" work is done, acting again like he's some major contributing force
>turn in labs 4, 5, and 6 by myself, don't even let him look at the code because he would probably fucking destroy it
>we have to also submit documentation after each lab describing what we did, how it works, etc.
>this smug dickhead always edits it at the very last second (shared LaTeX doc) saying that the division of labor was "equal"
>we're on the final lab of the semester which is to write space invaders from scratch
>i've done well enough on course exams and all the other labs to just not do it and probably still get a B or so
>pooinloo is terrified because he has to do it alone and has no idea what he's doing, watching him sink from afar is incredibly satisfying
>keeps telling me about some scholarship he's gonna lose if he doesn't get an A in the class, as if I give a shit
>explain to him that he shot himself in the foot by forcing his partner to do all the work
>apparently indians don't really understand the concept of credit where credit is due
>confused that i never wanted to try and cheat with him on exams

holy shit just needed to rant lads

any similar stories?

U never turn in something before u test it, never trust anyone Indian or not, u shot urself in the foot retard

Go talk to your professor or, failing that, your department chair. Hopefully you were smart and used version control of some kind it should be really, really easy to prove that he was doing zero work.

I went to a school full of these people. I learned that it was best to lay down the groundwork as soon as you smell poo-tier understanding/skills. Just say "I believe in credit equal to work. If you don't contribute, I'm going to make sure the professor knows."

You wussed out by allowing him to continue cheating his way through school.

There's a lab exam coming up in a next couple weeks where we're sat down and asked to implement one of the earlier labs from scratch. If they fail that, they fail the course. There's no need for me to go suck professorial cock about the issue, he apparently already knows that lots of people do no work, hence this lab exam system.

>hehehhe just be a code vigilante bro, never ever assume anyone else ever can do a single thing correctly, that's right, when you finally get into indsutry, test EVERY single line of code in the whole codebase, and thoruoghly test ever merge into it as well, that's totally not the person who wrote the code's job at all, it's everyone's job all the time

first semester CE?

there's your mistake.

I don't wanna shit on CE, but CE needs to be shat on because it's like getting a degree in newtonian physics at this day and age.

if you're gonna get a brainlet degree you're gonna be matched with brainlets. this pajeet's race probably has nothing to do with it.

No, not first semester, I'm actually a graduating senior in fact My partner though is a freshman. I'm just taking the course much later than I was supposed to.

This isn't the industry it's school, you are responsible for every line your turn in and will be graded be those lines doesn't matter if u didn't write them

in the context of academia and outside the context of producing code in a company, I would always, always, always check what my teammates did before handing the work in

Attached: 1522700623333.jpg (300x309, 17K)

Who are you quoting?

>be this guy

>be graduating CE this year, only one course left

>guess what it is

>programming a fucking arduino

>programming a baremetal arm7 chip is programming an arduino

yikes

It just gets worse in industry. The pajeets are incompetent ass kissers, who try to pull "alpha" social engineering moves I'm sure they learned on reddit. If they get into a position of power then it immediately goes to their head and will act like they're hot shit, try to hit on their female subordinates incessantly. And they are nepotistic and hire more useless pajeets, presumably until they've thoroughly metastasized and bring the company to a halt, or get fired (usually by hr for the above reasons). Most people are willing to fix their copypasta code for some reason, that plus pajeets are willing to drop the race card whenever possible, such as when confronted about their garbage work, is why I think they stick around longer than they should.

That being said there are some decent pajeets programmers. But it's one of those things like if a company is always pushing for hiring more women for tech roles for no reason other than to hire women, then you know it's going to suck working there. If you go in for an interview and you see a lot of Indian guys aimlessly walking around who look like they're bothering the white and asian guys at their computer, they probably are, and if you work there that's the tip of the iceberg you'll be dealing with.

nigga

arduino is atmel AT90 (8 bit AVR)
ARM7 is atmel AT91 (32 bit ARM)

it's literally just a more expensive arduino. prove me wrong.

sounds like your work at a shit company

>Is having an Indian partner for any sort of STEM class the worst fate a man can suffer?

either you are pooing on him, or he is pooing on you

sooner or later you will encounter the poo worker, or worse, the poo boss

you're fortunate it happened before it affects your career

remember your first job is to accomplish the goals of that class - studying, doing the labs, turning in papers, and excelling at your exams

cover your ass, so to speak, by keeeping notes of all your meetings with mr poo, in particular things you asked him to do, things you explained to him, and whether mr poo came prepared to do the work he was supposed to do

ironically mr poo is looking to you, the senior, for guidance, which in this case will be a thankless job. you need to be tough but still somehow keep to the spirit of the class assignment by having him do work, even if that work isnt turned in.

Now the scary thing is this guy's Uncle could be a VP at Tata Consultancy Services, so do a little research before your either burn him or add him to your LinkedIn profile.

Every pajeet I've been paired up with has been fine. It's the FOB Chinese kids that don't know how to do shit.

I got paired up with fucking 6 of them in an SE class, and 3 of us did the entire project. The prof ended up giving the other 3 guys disciplinary F's.

You must be new here
>greentext
can be used for stories as well as quotes

>he sends it back to me, i naively turn it in thinking that it would still work, cause they're just comments, right?
Fake and gay.
If you were this retarded, you deserve whatever grade you got.

>senior year
>physics degree
>lab partner in class is black
>think he is one of those genius Nigerians I hear so much about on TV
>turns out he got diversity points and passed along AT A FUCKING TOP 10 UNIVERSITY IN THE PHYSICS PROGRAM
>proceed to do all the work myself
>professor asks about his involvement since partner is failing exams
>tell him partner is basically not doing anything
>tfw he suggests I "try harder to mentor him and not stereotype"
>tfw I can only rage internally
>get through the class and graduate
>applying for graduate school
>assume the partner failed out due to incompetence
>turns out he didn't just graduate but also go accepted to a better grad school than I did
Fuck this gay earth.