Have 1gbps connection

>Have 1gbps connection
>Fucking 1TB cap.

Attached: b4f.jpg (600x434, 31K)

>data cap
Every day I thank g*d that im not an amerimutt

I am in Ireland.

That's gay as fuck, I'm glad I don't have a cqp but the max speed where I live is 100Mbps which is kinda a nice middle ground.
What a sad life when you have to jump to muttposting immediately.

With who?

Comcast doesn't have a data cap on their 1gbps and 2gbps packages.

>mfw 30gb data caps are normal
>cant even get 4mb/s outside the city
nice digital age we have, really loving the VR world.

Attached: 1345104894665.gif (475x347, 486K)

You're living in 2001 while we're living in 2100

Attached: 2018-04-02 20_00_19.png (350x202, 15K)

>have no data cap
>woops, looks like you downloaded 50+ TB this month! You're disrupting our network, against our contract! we will have to cancel service is you don't calm down :^)

Americans don't have data caps except on mobile plans. Canadians are the ones with data caps. Sounds like you're OBSESSED

Is that a month or throughout the term of your contract ?.

most americans do have data caps on their home internet.

It's only in states with real competition (mainly in the north east, but there are other areas too) that don't have data caps.

Comcast has data caps in most of the country, but in the north east states? No data cap. Pic related

Attached: 2018-01-19 11_41_38.png (1156x1003, 50K)

B T F O
T
F
O

New Yorker here. I have no data caps.

400gb data with mediacom here in florida

>gbps
Couldn't you say 125MB/s? Why do niggers do this?

Because ISPs list things in mbps, and most people know gigabytes are bigger than megabytes.

So 1gbps MUST be suuuupppper fast.

If I post on a forum that I had a 250MB/s connection, you'd be pretty likely to find someone bragging how their 1gbps is faster.

What would be the difference you retarded autist? Are you showing off you could covert binary units now?

yeah i figured it's marketing but op is not trying to sell us a plan

the difference is one is used by monkeys and the other by people

>but op is not trying to sell us a plan

No, but he was sold a plan, a plan marketed at 1gbps.

the vast majority of people, they have a much better grasp of mbps or gbps than MB/s

Most people would understand 1gbps or 2gbps as being super fast, and would have no real understanding of just how fast 125MB/s or 250MB/s

Attached: comcast 2gbps.jpg (958x1082, 161K)

so you're saying they understand nothing but muh dick

They have no reason to understand or care, so why would they?

Not OP nor have I posted in this thread before

I have legit been educated, for some reason I always thought a 1 gbps connection would have been 1000 mbps. And here I was with my 250mbps thinking "wow, this is pretty fast, so how fast must THAT be??"

I feel retarded.

user you're retarded

1gbps IS 1000mbps

but 1000mbps IS 125MB/s

there is a difference between MB/s and mbps.

Megabits (mbps) = 1 bit is 1/8th of 1 Byte
MegaBytes (MB/S) = 1 Byte, or 8 bits

So 1MB/s is 8mbps
125MB/s is 1gbps

250MB/s is 2gbps or 2000mbps

If I'm retarded, it's because I forgot to capitalize MBps, my bad.

Comcast using in Oregon here. I have a 1TB cap. They didn't mention it in the EULA though. Kinda pissed

Washington here, also 1TB cap that nobody ever mentioned when I signed up. I use like 500gb/mo at the very most so I guess whatever, but it's still shitty.

Why you all need so much BW? Do you have lie over 5 PCs plus other devices downloading and streaming at the same time? Or you pay more only to show off?

>no data cap, never heard of such a concept except for mobiles
>8 down, 0.5 up
who else /slowboi/

Attached: 1439811973305.jpg (528x396, 79K)

i have two options, 100/100, or 1gbps

$30/month price difference.

100/100 is not enough for my house, we have 4 heavy internet users. We easily use 3-5TB a month.

At 100mbps you will generally interrupt someone else downloading, or streaming at the same time you try to download.

With 1gbps there is pretty much always excess bandwidth available, that even downloading 100GB+ torrents are unnoticeable to others on the network.