How many CNC operators are in here?

How many CNC operators are in here?

Attached: rsz_skipper_v31_alt-1000x900.jpg (1000x900, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

markforged.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in school for it right now. in theory we're learning g code instructions but in practice we just follow tutorials in fusion360. i really need to try writing my own programs and running them in CAMotics but just don't have the drive to do extra work right now. are you programming or just running the machines?

I know a guy who is a "CNC operator", really proud of it too.
But the only thing he does is lay on the material and push a button, he doesn't interact with the software or has no idea how it works.

Programming. But I went to this job from the get go, and Biesse interface can be used by a 5 year old.

Attached: sldwks_biesse2.png (1008x633, 56K)

I used to run a couple CNC lathes.

It's a dying trade in America though.

he's probably making at least 25/hr , too

How do I get a job as an "CNC operator"?
can I get something like a certificate for it? I've learned some g code, but that's from college. tho it's not supposed to be my main focus in my major, I want to learn it properly, and get a job, at least for summer.

I only operate on CNCO

Attached: image13[1].jpg (1920x1080, 121K)

OP here. My employer is an asshole who doesn't want to pay much, so he takes people "from the streets" and they have to learn stuff while working with the machines and from other people (that are not helpful at all).
And that's, kids, how I've learned CNC.

I started grinding tools at 11/hr no experience but he asked me if I could do math.

>Dying trade in America
Explains why I'm having such difficulty finding anyone willing to bevel a few pieces of wood for me.

>they have to learn stuff while working with the machines
at least you're not a CNC operator who just puts and remove parts.

>grinding tools
that's something I can do, but I'm not sure where to look at, here in murica. The few jobs I've seen, ask for 10+ year experience

Any tips to remember or focus on if I ever get the opportunity to get a job in CNC? any help's appreciated

I make $4 an hour, but then again, I live in Poland

I used to work on a russian turbojet engine factory (Aerospace engineering major).

The monkeys would always fuck up.
>loaded the part wrong - fucked up a whole batch of engine cases
>they cost 500k$ each
>I would make bluerpints for individual unique parts that would fit the fucked cases so that the factory wouldn't throw it away
>they kept constsntly breaking cheap chinesse taps (ofcourse they got funding for good taps, bought chinese and pocketed the savings)
>then they would drill that hole larger and I would write an order to make a unique part to make them fit together with one hole larger than others
>My first job on the factory was writing a paper "an engine case #3 with 36 auxiliary holes wont affect the functionality and reliability because BLAH BLAH" basically the monkeys just gave one part two runs on one machine and drilled two sets of holes, not in critical places though.

Such is russian enginering.
I left the factory because it paid 2$/h and got a lazy and stupid job of storage keeper that pays 5$/h. Fuck this country and fuck working for it.

>he's probably making at least 25/hr , too

yeah but not only for "laying on the material and pushing a button"
he has to do cleanup, quality auto-controls, stocks update in a database, partake in 5s audits every week, be part of a TPM team (total productive management) etc..

the job of an "operator" has evolved among the years, in any factory every employee is involved in quality control, processes and workflow optimization, autonomous maintenance etc...

over the years operators got handled the work of dozens of overseers who were never replaced. they got a fraction of their salaries too. a fraction...

I had 3 3d printers, does that count?

I guess that would be a milling machine reversed

Ahah this
I work in a brewery and there used to be a guy who got payed to grease the pumps and motors, he only did that lol. He retired now every one greases his own pumps and motors. no raise.

Worker or an engineer?

I was getting paid shit as an engineer but then got a job of keeping spare part storage at the airport because i had the enginnering and beurocratic expertise.

Not an operator, but I own more than 100 CNC machines.

OP here, worker = programming and processing.

>beep
>”unexpected item in bagging area”

That's not what a CNC machine is for

I have access to my school's with a shit ton of scrap metal to make really anything

Anyone have any good project ideas?

I'm speaking of lathes in general.

i worked on a factory doing everything from programming cnc mills and lathes (fanuc, haas, centroid, siemens) using various cad/cam (solidworks, inventor, autocad, mastercam, hsmworks, etc), to loading parts and training operators for high volume production.

been unemployed for 6 years, tho. what do you want to know?

did you train operators on autocad before you lost your job lol?

That's how it usually looks like.
God, I fucking hate capitalism.

I'm one of this. was working on marine things (the program which make the .nc files are ART, it's made by importing *.dxf from CAD, 3-axis milling machine).
It has been a year i got fired from that job, it just right after i train some newbies with pretty racist reason. but now i'm working in IT field and i love it. it's one of my dream to become a data forensic

Attached: feelsbadman.png (250x203, 15K)

I was working in a quality control lab 3*8 in a 12 technicians team. we trained operators to control their own work during night shifts now we're only 5 at the lab...and operators do some of our work for a 1€/hour raise...

it's rampant.

I have a dream of owning a MarkForged 3D carbon fiber printer but it is stupid expensive...

markforged.com

I have the option to pursue a career doing this. Working with aluminum. It would probably make for a secure future as they always seem wanted over here in Europe, but my current inspection job is cushy enough. Besides, operators here have to manually deburr everything and are expected to churn out a constant stream of parts.

These jobs are kinda dead-end.

What do you mean?

Low wages, no way for a promotion.

Oh, and boredom. It's monotonous as fuck.

Bump

Everyone says "all the old guard are retiring and employers can't find workers to fill their positions! Guaranteed jobs!" and then you actually look for work and they're offering fifty cents over minimum wage and acting like guaranteed overtime is some kind of perk. No unions of course, and they aren't offering apprenticeships so there's no way to move up outside of management

bump

anyone else?

Only losers hate capitalism. Naturally, of course; only people who are capable and self-reliant can enjoy success in such a system. Whiners and losers get left behind, and that's a good thing. Evolution and natural selection can allow no other way. :^)

>and acting like guaranteed overtime is some kind of perk.
More like mandatory overtime lmao. Have fun being forced to work 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. If you have any kind of brain and resolve to build a future for yourself, factory work is just something you do for like a summer to save up money and get a real job.

>> loaded the part wrong - fucked up a whole batch of engine cases

even if you'd pay them 5-6$/h (which is pretty good for blue collar in ee) they still wouldn't care enough to do their job properly

Attached: 1507828035694.jpg (500x350, 24K)