At what age did you finally acept that Linux is only good for software development and bad for every-day use

At what age did you finally acept that Linux is only good for software development and bad for every-day use.

And you wiped your Linux install on your desktop but keeping your Windows/Linux install on your laptop.

Attached: images (7).jpg (443x332, 20K)

before I was born

15 rupees have been deposited to your account Pajeet.

At what point did you realize that only works if you count software development as part of every-day use?
Windows is a hell to use if you need to run more than one application at a time.

>fags younger than I am asking me at what age did I grow out of software that is more secure and efficient and doesn't try to fight me whenever I want to change something

Attached: 1512369692936.jpg (1200x1000, 174K)

Software development is my daily job. Are you unemployed?

Attached: 1519179726862 Star-trek-meme-ish-header.jpg (633x356, 75K)

Pretty much this.

How long did it take you to get past the startup process, open your browser, be able to type in the right url and finally post this?

I have a pretty clean Windows 8.1 partition for my Japanese erotic games, and even though it runs many times faster than other people's Windows setups, it's painfully slow to me and I have to go back to Linux if I want to do anything in less than an hour.

when me have stroke uh i were 55 uh i lose brain half boom boom gone now i am stupid but its ok because windos exist for stupid like me

Long long time ago. It's quite obvious why it turned out this way. Linux software is made mostly by volunteers, who are themselves programmers, to address needs and problems that they, programmers, have. Practically anyone making free software does it because they have a direct interest in using that software.

>bad for every-day use.
Not having to put up with Microsoft's bullshit makes up for that several times over.

Seems like there are a lot of manchildren in the thread still.
Guess this is what happens when you spend too much time in ricing threads.

People who uses Linux as their main OS are hobbyists. Windows and OSX are the only real choices for everyday use.

meme opinion

Attached: damage control.jpg (650x650, 188K)

I'm not accept what you said "bad" for daily use. its always depends on users. I'm not linux user, but I don't use linux for daily use because my internet sucks, doesn't have cable or dedicate.

name a single thing you use daily that lignux is completely unable to use
3/5 made me reply

like at age 14 or so

You're on Jow Forums, if you're not a hobbyist you don't belong here.

>Windows is a hell to use if you need to run more than one application at a time.
lol what please

35. After using Linux exclusively for 24 years, I was gifted a macbook, which is dual booting macOS and Windows 10 ltsb

>Linux is only good for the most advanced tasks
Okay.

Attached: 1477846414560.webm (960x540, 184K)

>orthogonality

Attached: IMG_20180403_210442.jpg (724x167, 49K)

Windows don't have a good window manager, a good hotkey system or good support for multiple applications.
Back when I was using windows, I had to buy a monitor for each application I wanted to run.
Several applications broke a multi monitor setup, full screen applications like games broke alt+tab functionality, hitting show presentation in powerpoint rearrange monitors.
All popular applications seem to solve it the same way: Just make one giant application that does everything.

Gnu/Linux is the exact opposite: You have to use a ton of different tools to solve a task which means you use the best tool for the job instead of the most convenient.

>you use the best tool for the job instead of the most convenient.
>literally can be used 3 kind of scheduler
>bunch of shells and endless configuration options
Still there are people who get mad because there are a bunch of distros.

>muh every day use
Been using it every day as my sole operating system for 2 years now. Works fine if you're not retarded.

>hobbyists
Yeah, and?
>real choices for everyday use
you mean (((real))) choices for everyday use? Get fucked shill

Pajeets in the windows 10 era.
Microdick shills getting desperate.

Attached: 1339550542692.jpg (580x346, 38K)

I also use Windows to play games and use software I can't use on Linux.
But come on, don't deny you feel dirty using Windows. Especially with all that data collecting and anti privacy behavior.

Using the terminal/console also feels more smooth on Linux.
Have to install extra terminals on windows, just so it is properly usable.

How do you plan on keeping your win7 OS security proofed post-EOL? Me personally i'll just integrate a bunch of security tools like kaspersky/mbar and call it a day

And yet, as much shit as you faggots spew, I bet those pajeets are still better programmers than most of you

More please.

It's better at everything except gaming.

For the moment.

People who use windows and OS X are hobbyists. Android and iOS are real choices for everyday use.

>m-muh sekrit club
kill yourself, neckbeard.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1524091269376.png (3000x3062, 239K)

I've realized, that Linux is better for daily use 2 years ago.
GNU - 1.5 years ago

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they join you. Then you win.

Attached: 38c64c74-93dc-4f2c-9cf1-81003e7d77da.png (426x281, 21K)

Bye Bye newfriend :)
>>>/reddit/