/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

Attached: 1521001593105s.jpg (250x187, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/NETGEAR-Gigabit-download-Compatible-Gig-Speed/dp/B01I5TJGSE
macofalltrades.com/Mac-Pro-1x-2-66GHz-QC-Xeon-Early-2009-p/mp-266-4c-e09-8640-gt120-e.htm
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=11355907&SID=23d4901c434711e89c8b22945b031f960INT&AID=10446076&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&item=N82E16820147673
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

both new versions of mpv since january and vlc 3.0 give me flickering when changing to full screen or watching full screen. vlc also drops frames on some videos. this doesn't happen with vlc 2.2.8 or mpv 0.27 and earlier. what could it be? i'm using the latest amd drivers 18.3.4 on w10 1709 with latest updates

Do the new versions have improvements which you find useful? Any reason you can't just keep on using the ones that work?

(I don't really get the culture of updating everything all the time. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.)

well i don't know, i thought VLC's jump from 2 to 3 is big so I updated. Then I saw those issues and tried mpv, and saw the same issues so I'm curious what it is

i have an old car. it only has a cd player
is there something i can do to mod it so i can plug in my phone for music?

At a loss - trying to install the font tewi on manjaro and I can't get it to be picked up by
fc-list | grep -i tew
help? It seems installing pcf fonts donesn't work

I'm gearing up to buy a new graphics card and I really want to know if the prices will drop soon? Would it be a better idea to wait a couple months?

How do I make this readable?

Attached: screenshot_2018-04-18_23:45:33.png (1280x667, 236K)

Can someone recommend a 5g 802.11ac router that will reach around a 2-story house well and is simple to set up?

Attached: 1520872791516.jpg (1920x1730, 323K)

try running pager less -SFX in your mysql prompt before running the select statement.
Orr add \G directly after your command.
select * from user\G

How would someone connect to a wifi network multiple kilometres away? Already have acces to it, just seemed interesting to have acces from home.

Powerful broadcasting from whoever owns it.

Thanks, it works.

Use a GUI tool. You'd need to be a masochist to manage a DB using only a CLI.

I have the non steam version of GTA V. My gfx card crapped out and took the OS with it (W10.) I have a new card and I'm on a fresh install. I was able to backup my User folder and my GTA installation is on a different disk intact. Is there a way to restore the installation? I want to avoid redownloading the game and I can't find a process or definitive answer when researching the subject.

I heard GUI is for plebs.

Potential solution found.

I'm friends with somebody that does mid-tier music production on YouTube and makes his money from licensing & ad revenue. He's able to live on his own and buy his own shit because of that, plus doing casual work.
Recently, he bought a new computer, went from an i7 3770 Dell optiplex, to an i9 7920X. When I asked him, all he said was "It's better for my usage" and that he can acknowledge AMD Ryzen CPU's for what they cost and for what they offer.
I've seen in the past several times, that music producers typically prefer Intel. That's the reason I brought up my friend.
Why is this? Is there any particular reason to pick Intel over AMD for music production/editing? Or has it been really coincidental that I've only ever talked to music producers/editors that prefer Intel?

That's okay, no need to tell us what the solution is. It's not like Jow Forums threads are archived and show up in future google searches or anything.

Attached: wisdom_of_the_ancients.png (485x270, 27K)

Uh, is something wrong with PCPP? I flagged this as incorrect, but why should I have had to?
With the motherboard selected, no CPU's showed up as compatible. Alternatively, with the CPU selected, no motherboards showed up as compatible.

Attached: Capture.png (945x168, 17K)

what is a good brand for a simple soldering iron?
I will use it to fix cables my cats cut daily

I have an Xperia E4G, I'm looking to root it without using Kingoroot as it's spyware shit. I've been looking into Magisk but I'm a bit of a brainlet when it comes to anything to do with flashing. Any way to root my phone with magisk without losing my data?

How do I sort numbers with slashes (like 0/1, 0/2, 0/3, 1/1, 1/2, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, 4/2...) without getting
>0/x, 1/x, 10/x, 110/x, 11/x... 19/x, 20/x, 200/x
?

replace / with ., sort, replace . with /

treat them as float?

Nevermind, thought of a solution myself, sorry for the bother.

What improvements can be expected from DDR5 RAM compared to DDR4?

I just changed "/" for " ", sorted it as two different columns, then advanced sorting.

This would work too, thanks.

I installed win 10 ltsb to get rid of bloat and now I have this "system" service running in background basically always using cpu, I thought it was some updates running in background or something but laptop has been on for like 3 days and it's still going, how do i make this stop or what causes it ?

Attached: AMSBKDP.png (984x742, 82K)

Guy from last thread with the booting to BIOS problem. Turns out, according to the guy at the store, my hardrive is about to fail. So I have to get a new hard drive. Should I waste 500 on a 1 tb ssd hard drive? I'd assume it would be a good idea, since ssds have a longer life span and are faster. Opinions?

there are things that plug into the lighter hole that can provide playback from an SD card or USB(phone).
Dunno what they are called though

I can't see any graph when I use matplotlib with my raspberry pi. The window opens up and it says "Figure 1", but it's just a grey screen, and if I move other windows over it, it gets like some sort of graphical glitches like with old error boxes on windows. I've tried both a remote connect window and just a straight HDMI cable but neither work.

How do I shave that tiny stubble when it's still too short? Every time I try it just ends in pain, blood, and tiny persistent patches

i was gonna go with vultr to host a website but i figured i want mail with my custom domain too.
any reccommendations for where to get both as a bundle?

Different components in my roommates laptop has failed several times during its manufacturer warranty period. They said if it happens one more time they’ll send him a new one so we’re thinking about running prime95 and furmark at the same time and leave it running for a several days, what’s gonna happen?

can anyone tell me why mu umatrix gui get cut-off vertically and i don't see anything to the right of image column?

Is there a retard friendly way to translate Hiren's Boot CD to my thirdworld shithole language?
Is there something newer / better than Hiren's anyway?

encrypted email that isn't a meme

How do you doxx someone ? I got a name, a face and where he studies and I'd like to get his adress and email, where could I start ?

Its the shitty background service, you cant do much about it.
Like the indexing service.

I've actually done debugging using process explorer and found out it's nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys is causing the issue, disabling gpu fixes the issue but then I'm left without gpu. Any ideas here ? I'm stuck again, bios is newest, tried newest nvidia drivers, and ones from lenovo website, same deal in both cases.

How do you learn the practical side of networking? I'm familiar enough with packets and protocols to implement a tracert, but ask me about NAT networking and I'll stare at you blankly. I'm looking for a middleground between theory and application.

Networking noob
If I want to assign IP addresses for my network, do I disable DHCP on the router than configure each client to request specific IP address? Alternatively do I just have each client connect to router via DHCP and then assign IP from the router?

just set up your own server

As someone graduating with a 2 year degree in information systems administration and security but living in a small town, I'm finding that they're aren't many (read: any) jobs here. Not even something like help desk. The rare occurrence an entry level job opens then the position is flooded with candidates who are frequently overqualified. As a solution, local businesses are asking for the world and offering nothing I return. I wish I kept the posting but our local public utilities district had a tier 1 help desk position open up. They required a BS in compsci or related, 2 years industry experience, and paid 36k/year. Naturally it filled within the month.
What to do? Here comes the circular logic
>no jobs? Lmao just move to the city
>complaining that the city is too expensive? Lmao just move out of the city and into a cheap state
>no jobs in that cheap state? Lmao just move to a coastal city

How do we fix this shit bros

Couple questions about MEGA.nz

Can I download encrypted files from mega and then decrypt them offline with mega password? Obviously I know the file location and pass, I just dont want to download decrypted file straight away.

Also if I trasfer files from one mega account to another are mega going to know my decryption password?

And does mega support bitcoin/crypto payments?

Pic unrelated

Attached: 1518637986182.jpg (989x716, 191K)

What's a good modem to buy nowadays?

I'm thinking about buying a C++ book but don't know which one would be the best. I know a bitof C# (made a monogame platformer with a leveleditor) so I'm not looking for anything too basic.

Is there a way to trim audio dub on WEBMs for Retards or will I have to trim the audio individually on another program?

Attached: 1510051811214.png (168x192, 54K)

Replying to myself, I fixed it. For reference this is a laptop with optimus nvidia graphics and intel igpu, went with troubleshooting one by one, and eventually I figured out that cpu load happens because the nvidia gpu keeps turning on and off every few seconds. Turns out having any sort of GPU monitoring software like gpu-z, msi afterburner etc. will cause the nvidia gpu to turn on periodically resulting in constant cpu load. Simply turning off every gpu monitoring tool resolves the problem. I suppose that applies to every single optimus based laptop, but I could not google the solution, at least it's fixed duh.

amazon.com/NETGEAR-Gigabit-download-Compatible-Gig-Speed/dp/B01I5TJGSE

Bump

If I already have an array in C and I use realloc to give it more room, the content inside the new array will be the same as before the realloc?

Considering buying an older Mac tower, since my current Macbook (was given it for free through college) is feeling sluggish as all hell.
macofalltrades.com/Mac-Pro-1x-2-66GHz-QC-Xeon-Early-2009-p/mp-266-4c-e09-8640-gt120-e.htm
Found out about macofalltrades.com, and this looks pretty neat. Theoretically upgradeable CPU, since it's a W3520. I know Apple is a bit of a meme on this board, but would anybody know if it'd be possible to upgrade the CPU to something like an i7 970 / Xeon X5650?
It should also be possible to upgrade the video card to something like a GTX 970 without much, if any, performance loss. Fairly certain OSX supports even upwards of Pascal.
I'm used to using Mac, so would it be wise to go this route as opposed to buying new?
It's somewhat disappointing that Apple don't do proper towers anymore, since I don't personally care for the iMac lineup, and I'd rather not spend the kinds of money for a Mac Pro.

>do I disable DHCP
No, unless your network is very static (i.e. no guests ever) and you're completely confident you'll never need a fallback.

You can either assign IPs from the router interface by pairing them to MAC addresses, or you can shrink the DHCP range, say to start at 50 or 100, then go around entering IPs directly into every network interface on every device you have. The former is usually easier.

my speaker has a power saving "feature" where it turns itself off if no sound is playing for 15 minutes, but it keeps turning itself off even when there is sound playing.
how fix

A 1tb should be

Am I being paranoid about up-to-date information if I wont buy a book that's been published over 2 years ago? Most of the "good" C++ books, recommended the most, are from 2014 and older. I'm worried about being taught obsolete ways of programming and was wondering if someone can show a different perspective.

in the program NOMACS, there are tabs, but every time I open an image, it opens a new window instead of a new tab. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Why is Win10 SO dogshit?

Like, how could it have even happened? How did they allow this? Do the people at Microsoft even use computers? Seems like the kind of operating system that someone who was told about computers but never actually used one in real life would make. Is it just because dumb cunts who don't know dick about computers are their main consumer base? Not that macOS is used by any more of a well informed group of people. Are these companies able to keep getting away with selling digital dogshit because their consumers allow it? I don't get it.

What's an easy way to print Jow Forums threads to pdf with better formatting? Merely using Ctrl+P includes a lot of unrelated stuff like the 4chanX bar, etc...

Is there a program I can download that let's me see exactly which programs on my computer are using the network at any given time and also show me a history of network usage from programs on my computer?

glasswire

Well I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and I have little money. I already ordered it. Time to wait without going on my computer. Its gunna be a long couple of days.

Also, how can I preserve my Firefox settings and bookmarks? There's a way I can do it, right? Googling it now

Send it back.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=11355907&SID=23d4901c434711e89c8b22945b031f960INT&AID=10446076&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&item=N82E16820147673

What happens if you eject /dev/sda?

What about Wireshark?

what did he mean by this?

A very large antenna.
Find pdf of Offensive Security wifu they have nice chapter on antennas.

Every night (maybe not just at night but that's when I notice it) a WmiPrvSE process starts to get high CPU usage and drives my CPU temps up, and I have to kill it to get it to stop.

Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it? It's been going on for a month or two.

Attached: WmiPrvSE problem.png (1558x586, 149K)

>how can I preserve my Firefox settings and bookmarks
Literally just copy and replace the contents of the profile folder.

No reason they are literally retarded.
One,there is no magic in the music they are making,every kid now days has Ableton on his laptop and it works fine and two muh latency is non issue after 2 cores with 2 threads.
Of course bucket loads of ram and HDD space is needed for the plugins that Ableton uses and the drive space for the samples.
If anything he could have got EPYC processor and not care about CPU usage in the next 20 years.

Can I torrent glasswire?

I've got the current command as a cronjob:
@weekly /sbin/zpool scrub poolz1 >/dev/null >&2

But as it turns out I still get these annoying mails:
cannot scrub poolz1: currently scrubbing; use 'zpool scrub -s' to cancel current scrub

Is the scrub command inherently broken or something? What's wrong here (even though it seems to work) and how do I fix it?

I've got 2 Web cams focused on my 3D printer and streaming them with mjpeg stream
One on port 8080 and one on 8090
Is there a way that I can stream them both together like side by side? One camera shows the print and the other is focused on the nozzle

This is too stupid even for /sqt/. just kys plz

OBS
its literally making a scene and adding 2 cameras to it

The cameras are streamed from a headless orangepi lite

ffmpeg then
open the documentation and start reading

How would I go about extracting .ini's from an Unreal Engine 3 game whose source I cannot access?
I do have what looks like its .ini's used in development, but they don't all work on the packaged game I have.
For example the (DEF?)Game.ini and Engine.ini do not work when used on the packaged game with -GAMEINI and -ENGINEINI, but Compat.ini works with -COMPATINI. How do I figure out what causes the first 2 to not work?
I have these (development) .ini files: Engine.ini, Editor.ini, EditorUserSettings.ini, Compat.ini, Game.ini, CacheTable.ini. One about key inputs and two about UI that I do not recognise because they do not have a BasedOn= parameter

How can you save a draft of a message in imessage and come back to it later without entirely deleting it? Is this some shit apple problem I'm just learning about?

is there a real jailbreak for ios 11.3 yet, all of the search results are just chinks peddling malware

I have two DVI and two HDMI ports on my old ass video card.

Can I plug in four monitors, two via DVI and two via HDMI?

yes you should be able to do it
idk why you would want so many bezels though just get one 32" ultrawide and enjoy the screen real estate

Some more info:
I'm trying to override .ini options, is there a way to do that without having to touch the original Engine.ini?

I start a new job in an IT department in a samll business that's high on network security. Thing is, I know only the theory in how to configure the routers, switches and such.
What do? I know access lists, vpn, vlans, subnetting. What else?

Looking for a new phone as my old one is getting slow and shit. Always going for relatively cheap options, so Huawei seems likely. I mostly use it for playing shit games when work isn't busy. Any reason not to go for Huawei Mate 10 Lite? Is the newer P20 Lite worth the extra buckaroons? I am clueless!

memory editing perhaps, but easy to detect

That's most of if. Maybe look into securing the routers and switches OS/config files themselves, stuff like IDS/IPS, etc.

That's security related stuff though. There is a lot more to know.

I believe its game specific.
Example Mass Effect 1 running on UE3 doesn't utilize all configuration files only certain ones.
Go to pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home and search for your game.
They should have info on which files should work and how

Read if you're bored, its pretty detailed so ...

Attached: 2.gif (789x925, 45K)

Jow Forums isn't my consumer review blog blah blah blah but whatever you do NEVER buy networking devices from TP link. Tried to troubleshoot the powerline adapter on an sqt some time ago and it turned out they're all broken and disconnect constantly by design.
I tried to get an RMA for hissing once, but they said it was perfectly normal, it got progressively louder and today I heard really loud buzzing and got a really bad shock as I was unplugging one of the devices.

Don't buy toys next time, lesson learned.

Attached: 4.gif (517x582, 118K)

Where exactly do I get that? I'm not from the us.
You mean IT in general, or just networking? Because I have experience in administration and client support, but very little with actual server/network management.

TP Link is my savior.
Because of them im not paying for internet for the past 3 years.
Bridging the connection also with a TP link router from the same model line.
God bless the chinks.

its unclassified, google, first search result.

Oh I could try that. I got anticheat bypassed so that shouldn't be a problem.
I can't rely on game specific info for this as there is nothing sadly.

What game senpai

Just within networking. Can you log into a router and change the hostname? Able to navigate around the iOS interface? Just stuff like that.

Blade and Soul
The EU/NA client runs really bad compared to the KR client, and I'm thinking it's because of the UE3 configuration. So I'm looking for a way to optimize it