Cheap, slow SSDs

What are your options if you want ~100 GB of cheap non-mechanical storage and don't care about the speed? USB flash drives aren't much cheaper than SATA SSDs at that size.

Attached: flash-32gb.jpg (1200x800, 53K)

QLC SSDs if it ever make it to the consumer base.

Sandisk SSD PLUS/WD Green SSD.
Adata cheap SSDs

Western digital is okay. Western Digital greens 120gb are around 70$

Crucial MX500 is amazing, cheap but very good performance.

>Western digital
botnet alert

usb flash devices are not designed for long term rapid read/writes that a HDD goes through

You can get 128 gb micro sd cards for under $40 in the USA. How cheap do you want it?

>any piece of hardware made after the 90s
botnet alert

>USB flash drives aren't much cheaper than SATA SSDs at that size.

Attached: 1477153669565.jpg (1220x608, 171K)

How is it botnet

Anything you don't like on Jow Forums is botnet

shut up you fucking botnet

spyware in firmware

Why not get one of these? I own several and they're excellent.

Attached: Capture.png (1015x372, 241K)

Attached: SSD.png (1233x583, 157K)

Attached: brando-microsd-raid.jpg (640x480, 81K)

How about the speeds on that shit?

dead slow ....

Just RAID 0 them all.

Chinks have some good options.

This one here I bought in 60gb for my dad's ancient PC. It writes about 150mb/s and reads 300mb/s, kinda performs like a 3rd gen SSD which means it feels fast. Took 10min to install Windows.

Now his Malwarebytes scans take 5 minutes instead of 4 hours. I wouldn't go below this tier into dumb sdcard ssds and shit.

I paid $80 for a 256gb crucial MX200 a few years ago, that's the lowest I'll go for myself.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-18-15-14-42-212_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg (1080x737, 87K)

Why does this exist?

JBOD or parallel

Anyone got any idea if Patriot Burst or SP A55 are any good?

I never heard much about these brands desu. Dunno if I should trust them.

Pretty much this is the only option for cheap and not used, chinkshit SSDs like KingDian/KingSpec/Goldenfir/etc, be aware most chink drives report fake temperature data in their SMART values, so if shits getting cooked (which usually leads to premature controller failure) you have no way to know it without measuring the temps yourself
Don't go below 60 GB, those ones tend to be as slow as a shitty Kingston USB 2.0 pendrive and more expensive, they are fine for embedded machines that rarely do IO to disk
Cheap used mSATA drives in a SATA adapter are a nice option too, but the cheap ones tend to have really small capacities
In any case you should keep decent backups
They're pretty mainstream stuff, both brands have made it to Tom's Hardware best SSDs listings on the past

lol

You know goddamn well the korean/chinese jews will see to it that only the absolute cheapest option is made available to you- QLC will be the only choice by 2020, calling it.