Want to switch to linux

>want to switch to linux
>"let's see which distro Jow Forums hates the most"
>everyone shits on mint
>"so mint it is"
>love it

Thanks. You're always a great help, Jow Forumsentoomen.

Attached: mintytan.png (913x883, 422K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warped-mirror.com/2012/02/26/linux-mint-israel-and-me/
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11595
youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install Gentoo

>switch to linux
>want to install trackmania nations forever
>not supported

Attached: 1b8.png (404x266, 182K)

Nobody shita in mint

Always do the opposite of what Jow Forums says.

shes hot

Use Linux instead of windows

i used reverse psychology on my brother when i was a kid and i kinda feel bad for it.

In two years when you're a more experienced Linux user, you'll be running something else and shitting on Mint too.

Mint is fucking shit, but as far as I'm concerned the distro which gets the most hate in (correctly) Manjaro.

Mint is pretty nice desu. It was my first distro as well, I then I changed to Arch because Jow Forums memed me but it didn't just werk so I changed to debian where I am now. Mint is a good choice user and Minty-tan is very cute.

why

I'd like to agree that mint makes a good linux, but linux is a kernel, and mint just uses the kernels in the ubuntu repositories.

Attached: 1339550542714.jpg (2880x1620, 534K)

>"let's see which distro Jow Forums hates the most"
>mint
How did you arrive at this conclusion? Jow Forums hates every distro and can never unanimously decide what distros are good or bad.

dont jump out of a window

Because it's shit

both Mint and Ubuntu Mate are great, good choice OP.

Attached: 1.jpg (500x281, 26K)

>Always do the opposite of what Jow Forums says.
Said on Jow Forums creating a paradox

Attached: 1522007959864.png (499x513, 283K)

Don't listen to him. Jow Forums always lies.

Because it makes installing and mantaining an Arch based system trivial, even to newbie Linux users.
Jow Forums doesn't like that, no no no, you have to suffer boy!

inb4 some retard says that it`s because of the SSL expiration. No it's not.

started with mint MATE, no use debian Sid with MATE. Mint is great until you realize minimal installs are the way to go

No gentoo is the worst distro
Don't install gentoo

Wrong, its because its breaks more often than the "real" Arch.
t. Debain fag

mint is ubuntu but maintained by people who don't have any idea what they're doing

daily reminder that only anti-semites use mint

warped-mirror.com/2012/02/26/linux-mint-israel-and-me/

not going to read this drivel but considering installing mint now

>Jow Forums tells me to use a source based distro
>use a binary distro
>love it
Like clockwork

And two years later you'll see how much of a retard you are and go back to Windows.

wtf i love mint now

I don't hate Mint. It's preferable over Nigbuntu.
are you a bot user?

Jow Forums likes opensuse unanimously, although no one uses it here

Arch isn't difficult to install nor maintain.

>was ubuntu user
>tried out gentoo
>install was a bit tedious but it is actually a good distro - and stable, unlike arch and the tons of half baked novelty distros

Not difficult, just time consuming and stupid

Attached: arch is not minimalist.png (1169x3679, 513K)

I have Windows 10 and everything keeps fucking crashing and I'm sick of it, I even reinstalled it and it's happening again, no answer on the internet, installad CCleaner, Avast and ran it hundreds of time, nothing.

For example, Telegram always crashes until I reinstall it, I have to reinstall it every time I want to open it. Battle.net, I installed it once and crashes forever and ever every time I try to open it.

I'm so fucking sick of this, I only use Windows because I'm a brainlet who plays a lot of games, could I play all those games on Mint? I hate Windows, also updates have ruined the OS several times and had to reinstall.

Depends on what games you're playing.

I have like 60 steam games installed, currently playing Divinity 2, FFXV and Kingdom Come

Linux has poor game support, sadly.
Often crashes are odd, there should be a reason for them. Have you had those problems before you installed Windows 10?

I have a dual boot setting with Mint and Windows 7. Only booting win when I really have to (i.e. gaymen). It's pretty easy with Mint detecting your Win installation and asking you if you want to install it as a dual boot.

But then again, I don't really play games that often and a lot of games that I do play actually have a Linux port or are emulators anyway.

Not at all, it started happening like 2 months after I did a clean install, then I reinstalled because I was sick of trying to fix it and it's happening again, can't even update, it always says there's a problem.
I used to have dualboot but considering VMs it's a pain in the ass having to restart your PC just to open another program, and I need to justify my expensive graphic card so not being able to play games would just suck.

>considering VMs

I hope you know how to setup a PCI passthrough.

>mint
gay
t. ubuntu user

I have no idea what you're even talking about

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1514158352505.jpg (300x357, 13K)

>ubuntu
>tripfag
double nigger.

Get redpilled

Attached: 1506231609595.png (660x734, 38K)

Try to make a VM now and see how well it utilizes your GPU.

based adrian

What about VM player? It works pretty good

This but with Solus. It looks good and just werks

I don't think it will change much unless it makes a PCI passthrough as default which I doubt.

>tripfag
Look again. And if you still don't know why you're wrong, lurk moar.

Sounds like a hardware or user problem. You will likely fuck up Mint just as much as windows.

if only you took 10 seconds to google it. it's marked as working

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11595

that's mean dude

It's the truth though
If you have experienced those problems but are not capable of finding out what causes them they wont go away with another os

All my programs crashing when I tried to run them will surely go away with another OS.

Learn to read

>you had a problem you couldn't fix, you won't be able to use any other OS

They won't if there's a hardware problem

The fuck you talking about? Jow Forums recommends Mint to noobs all the time.

I'm going for debian because it looks the comfiest, has rolling releases, isn't unstable like arch, gives me free reign to operations, and is generally nice to look at.

Am i going to regret it or is it a good choice? (lease no memeing Jow Forums)

>debian
>rolling release

what

also, your distro doesn't determine how looks like. look into desktop environments and theming

That is true.

No it isn't.

sid

Not true at all.
Maybe if you use the mess that is called Gnome.
Been using the Plasma version for some time on a X201 I use daily at college and had no problems at all.

This Also, it's not difficult for you. For someone who just switched to Linux (as OP said was his case) it is.

Manjaro is fine.

>they don't give a shit about patent and copyright licenses
That's a feature. Only autistic retards who are afraid of lawyers care about that shit.

She is cute.
Now we love her.

>Jow Forums likes opensuse unanimously
lol no

>Jow Forums always lies
>yes they do
>no they do not
f-fuck, a paradox.

>tfw adrian is my name

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.gif (500x270, 260K)

Does Mint run a good DE like KDE OOTB?

They dropped the KDE flavour.

Then fuck Mint, Kubuntu it is

Use OpenSUSE if you want the best KDE integration.

Yeah, but because it wasn't gay it felt great, right?

OpenSuse isn't as friendly with gaming as Debian based distros

Chocolate > Mint

>not chocolate + mint

yeah, kinda empowering.

mint is great

Manjaro is shit because it holds updates hostage in their testing repo for weeks, with non rolling release distro like Debian you get security updates instantly because they do backports. It took Manjaro almost a month to update their bash package when Shellshock was announced, Arch being a rolling release updates theirs minutes after the announcement.

Yesterday two of my friends asked me about the same thing. They are both using Manjaro and recently broke their packages for nodejs/npm. The update doesn't recognize the old version, thus "npm: cant update [npm's file] exists" happens.
I told them to just pacman -R the packages, it worked, except the files aren't deleted. And when they deleted it, it broke everything related to it and can't reinstall npm due to some reasons.
Fucking incompetent maintainers I would say.

PS. While diagnosing their problems with them, I tried to update my Arch machine, it didn't fucked up on npm.

Probably because they forked pacman a while ago and somehow failed to keep up with Arch.

>>want to switch to linux
Why?

Debian is patrician choice, perhaps the most flexible distro.

t. arch user

I use mint
It werks

P E A N U T
B U T T E R

Attached: nuttin.jpg (408x466, 31K)

>switching to Linux
Just why?

>I'm so fucking sick of this, I only use Windows because I'm a brainlet who plays a lot of games
Why not use Windows 7 for gaming? The performance is the same.
youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM

>she

>in (
what did he mean by this

ANYONE EVER INSTALL OSX ON A THINKPAD

>and then it doesn't work
with debian ubuntu anything, always use their live cds

ye pacman -Suy is so time consuming

Because I was sick and tired of Microsoft's bullshit. Add to that that I'm not a big gayman and that I was using open source software a lot on Windows anyway made me realize there really isn't a point for me in staying on Windows. My Windows installation busting out of fucking nowhere was the initial spark to break out of my inertia and simply do it.

Until now I don't regret it. I'm only 4 months in, so if things don't work out I just fuck off back to Windows. I doubt it, though.

The only thing I'm missing so far is a search tool like Everything.

Attached: 1464472633802.gif (500x375, 117K)

Yes

Only thing keeping me on Windows is Ableton Live