What do Windows users do when their graphical desktop cannot load?

What do Windows users do when their graphical desktop cannot load?

Attached: banner2.png (800x378, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloudblogs.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2016/02/10/exploring-nano-server-for-windows-server-2016/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2008#Server_Core
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Execute explorer.exe

it always loads, in contrary to linux

BSOD

It doesn't, it can crash it can break.
In all cases it either leads to a black screen or BSOD though.
In which your options for rectification are:
- Load previous known good configuration
- Pray System Restore has shit the bed like it does 90% of the time
- Reinstall

The graphics are in the kernel, so no

>tfw BSOD is part of the desktop

they call me
t. Pajeet

>what do I do when something that never happens happens

Restart, or . 9999 times out of 10000, this will fix it.
With Windows, you have to do something pretty damn stupid to get a consistent crash.

>With Windows, you have to do something pretty damn stupid to get a consistent crash.
yeah, like installing windows updates

Pay some faggot at Geek Squad $159.99 plus tip to take a week to fix it.

gfys

Linux fanatic are really blowing these issues way out of proportion

I go outside and find both boys and girls to rape in order to satiate my anger.

Attached: 2018-04-18_211155.png (1426x1051, 914K)

I wonder which antivirus deleted the market leading browser as a false flag at least two fucking times.

Grab the flash drive with a Windows installer ISO on it out of my drawer, plug it in, reboot into the install media, then use whatever tools I think I need. Most of the time the automatic repair tool works. Sometimes I have to dig into the command line to set the disk as active again or check for errors. Contrary to popular belief, Windows has a few good command line tools. They're just obtuse and hard to use sometimes.

Windows 7+ has been pretty stable, but anything before that was an utter shitshow. XP was horrible and so were the DOS based versions like 95 and 98. I remember using 98SE on my home PC around 2000, then Windows 2000 came out. It was a complete game changer and a million times more stable since it had a more mature kernel and other system applications, and wasn't just a graphical shell over DOS.

Windows 10 seems to be regressing rapidly though. For a while I was using the "Pro" version for some Windows specific CAD software. It was working fine for like three months until I got that stupid "something happened :(" screen. So I reinstalled my backup and tried updating again. Same shit. Then I did it again and got another blue screen. Now I use a pirated version of Enterprise LTSB instead and it works a lot better.

Linux on the other hand is incredibly stable and I've never had a single issue with it. It literally just works as long as you don't fuck with stuff. The only problem with modern distros is the file picker meme, and that's the fault of Gnome and Mozilla devs with their heads up their asses. Everything else works great.

Attached: 1507436213262s.jpg (221x250, 5K)

Spend hours searching the web for a solution before finding out all you have to do is modify an obscure entry in the registry

I don't think that's possible since the window manager is part of the kernel.
If you somehow manage to load all drivers without issue but fail to start wininit.exe/winlogon.exe then you should just get a message box with some vague description of what caused it to crash.

Attached: 1519164249405.jpg (306x306, 26K)

there is a reason people turn windows update off so often that microsoft forced it always on in 10.

There's no such thing as graphical desktop. Graphics are integral part of the system, not a program running on top of it.

>what is BSOD

Install a newer version of Windows.
Though I never had to set kernel options in Windows to force edid.

Wrong. The desktop is just a collection of programs and GUI interfaces.

a graphical user interface is nothing more than an application which runs on your system

Can you run Windows in command line?

Safe mode command prompt faggot. And I don't even like Windows

There is a headless WS. They needed more than a decade, but finally found a way to not render the fonts in the kernel space.

The way Microsoft does updates to Windows is retarded.
I would be perfectly happy to have security-only updates force-enabled.
But they auto-update everything including drivers, and considering that Nvidia tends push those odd drivers that somehow pass WHQL testing and yet still manage to crash and burn, that's somewhat scary.

Attached: 1522189150874.jpg (698x721, 101K)

What kind of maniac uses a 76x16 terminal?

No, Windows is the desktop. Wintoddlers don't seem to know this, but what you call "Windows" is literally just a desktop environment that allows you to interface with the Windows kernel.

>he thinks in windows the gui can crash

Attached: lgls.gif (100x100, 3K)

Attached: 1457240636953-0.jpg (248x233, 9K)

You said that I'm wrong and graphics aren't an integral part of the system. Can I run that system without a desktop then?

t. delusional winbabbies

cloudblogs.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2016/02/10/exploring-nano-server-for-windows-server-2016/
For a decade or so.

>Graphics are integral part of the system
This sounds retarded. Why would anyone do that?

Performance? Who knows.

>making something part of the system so you can't afford any crashes and it ends up just working
>retarted
lol

what could they do? their OS doesn't even tell them what caused it.

Attached: 1438638338979.png (600x450, 810K)

Holy fuck the absolute state of wintoddlers. You don't know shit about your own toy OS. And in any case, an operating system as you're describing it would be a fucking nightmare to maintain. Literally everything you interact with is a program running on top of another, running on top of another, running on top of another. Or else you would be doing everything by passing 0's and 1's in the form of electric signals through digital circuit gates...

>What do Windows users do when their graphical desktop cannot load?
Call mayikrosof kastomar survess.

Those who trade reliability for performance end up with neither.

define "the system," because you sound like you don't actually know what that is. By your logic, anything you install on your computer is part of "the system" if you're just defining it as anything that runs on your computer.

Don't confuse him. Wintoddlers can't into abstraction.

>trying to explain computer systems to a windows user
They are literally the "what's a computer?" demographic, in the same league as mac users lol

>For a decade or so.
>Windows Server 2016
Nevertheless, the article exactly states that it is "a deeply refactored version". Instead of pointing me to a specialized version made for containers, can the common Windows, that is the system which OP makes a case against, run without a desktop?
You still fail to answer a simple question instead relying on calling other toddlers.

Linux alongside GNU tools constitute a complete system perfectly usable. Without a shell Linux is useless. Linux alongside Xorg or a Wayland display server provide graphical interface. For Windows removing the graphical desktop is like removing bash. It's a remarkably easy concept that Archfags fail to comprehend. Maybe they should instead focus on window managers and stop caring about such stuff.

Hahahahaha look at this fucking retard. Even if you (the user) are shielded from the lower levels of Windows, that doesn't mean that the desktop is not a set of programs running on top of the operating system...

There is no point arguing.
>Can you run Windows in command line?
4 replies later you still fail to answer.

Yes, you can. Why didn't you accept the answer?

This has literally never happened to me. Granted, the last time it happened to me in Linux was about 10 years ago.

the fact that exit doesn't exit in nano MAKE ME RAGE SO FUCKING HARD

That looks beautiful. How can I do it?

You need to look into the levels of computer systems if you want to know what you're talking about. Generally, the operating system is the code and logic that handles system processing. The layer above that is what allows you, the user, to interact with it.

Attached: 1200px-Operating_system_placement.svg.png (1200x1776, 171K)

step 1: be autistic

lol

Can linux kernel recover from graphics driver fail yet??

Because I'm not running a deeply refactored Windows version purpose-made to not have a graphical desktop. And OP asks what am I supposed to do if my graphical desktop doesn't load. As you should have figured out by now this makes no sense in commonly used Windows and that's what I'm trying to tell. (Maybe in wrong way.)

Even me, a linux user knows more about wangblows than you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_2008#Server_Core

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 5K)

Just install 4chanX + Oneechan, tweak the provided settings a little like any brainlet can except sub-brainlets like this one , and just create a new theme and pick colors. Takes no less than 10 minutes.

>this makes no sense in commonly used Windows and that's what I'm trying to tell.
Well, you should have just said that. Yes, the desktop will usually always load (except for the odd BSOD here or there). But even a completely efficient system that almost never fails to load the desktop, does not negate the fact that the desktop is a collection of programs running on top of the operating system. That's why it needs to be loaded in the first place.

Just install autism + aspergers, tweak the provided down syndrome a little like any brainlet can except sub-brainlets like this one , and just create a new theme and pick colors. Takes no less than 10 minutes.

Haha! You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

>Can you run Windows in command line?
On recent server editions, yeah.
Was one of the reasons Project OneCore was started.

Grow up (and grow out goalposting) and then we can talk.

Wish I knew what that looked like on Windows today. Last BSOD was WinXP.

Literally just search "Server Core screenshot" and you'll understand it on your own.

Well, even if you couldn't, that would only mean that Microsoft doesn't allow the user to interface with the OS at a level lower than the desktop. That doesn't mean that the desktop is not a piece of software running on top of the OS. It just means that Mircrosoft is restricting how it allows you to communicate with it.

But he's probably defining "system" differently from the actual definition of "operating system"

>TIL tty is GUI

>that would only mean that Microsoft doesn't allow the user to interface with the OS at a level lower than the desktop.
Well, it's mostly Microsoft not focusing on that.
You can do cool shit with the command-line, but they mostly bet on wizards and stuff.
Imo, this is why people love stuff like Windows and the defunct BOS on the desktop, while freefags brag about "muh servers and supercomputers", and why they sucked in other areas.
They are adapted from workspace OS's, as opposed to *nix being server systems at their core, and it shows big time.

>vague description of what caused it to crash.

> :(
> Something went wrong.

Pay someone 6 gorillion shekels because they don't know how to use system restore or delete the virus system32.

Dearest sir, welcomings to Micro$hit Tecknikkal Sahwort. I am Rajesh, how to help you with the issue ?

Attached: rajesh.jpg (259x194, 15K)

Stop posting your shitty ui pajeet. I've seen your posts in random threads from Speccy to os ones. No gave a fuck. Take the hint.

reinstall
if that happens, everything is hosed, no point in trying to fix it

>explorer crashes
>all work lost
>X crashes
>change terminal, save all temps

[X] Rekt

literally never happened to me, meanwhile this screen is burned into my brain from how many times i've encountered it over the last 18 years

Attached: IulEi.png (647x487, 17K)

WHEN YOU USE NANO GET RID OF THE FUCKING TIPS AT THE BOTTOM

no

I love the way amber terminals look
Are there any crt's worth buying?

nah the youtube retro craze ramped the prices sky high.
even for the most shitiest models you will pay premium.

>They're just obtuse and hard to use sometimes.
you mean the flags are clear and in plain english instead of 2-letter commands with one-letter alphabet soup of flags?

Nothing because that never happens

Attached: 939319761.gif (332x215, 1.99M)

This literally never happens.

So I guess I should just modify the color settings on my monitor.
That's too bad.

You reinstall when GUI fails and explorer cannot even be launched.

That's windows for ya'.

Attached: 1518986927112.jpg (506x373, 35K)

This literally never happens.

Sorry for the rant incoming

There is shit like this happening every few years.
PAWN STARS - remember that toy you used to have as a kid now its worth 10 billion dollars because one rich guy once paid that much for it.
Now everyone that needs one has to pay at least 20 billion.

HAY GUYS NOSTALGIA NERD HERE SEE DIS ACORN 40000 MACHINE ?
THEY PRODUCED 6 GORILION OF THEM
IT WAS $10 30 YEARS AGO AND NOW ITS WORTH GOLD
Is to fucking stupid and it makes me feel sick.
They are doing this because they are stocked up on this shit and they are reselling it on ebay for hefty profits.
Pat the nes punk was doing this with NES games and hiked the price,sold the stock he had for nice sum and then admitted doing so on his own podcast openly.

This afternoon I saw a guy with 200K subscribers shilling for 1050Ti and that Vega 8 is shit for emulation while using 2000Mhz RAM and shady PCSX2 configuration.
Oh and he had Amazon referral link in his description for the 1050Ti.
funny stuff right

Yeah.
And I know what you mean but when the reddit retro enthusiasts have more money than me then they can outbid me.
So I'll either make due with what I have or wait.

Pay someone to reinstall windows or buy a new PC

Windows always works perfectly so this isn’t even a realistic scenario.

this
I've never gotten even so much as a bluescreen on 7
8, 8.1, and 10 are a different story though.
That being said I'm sure that Microsoft would rather have their program crash and burn before being reduced to a text UI.

> restart in safe mode + MS-DOS (Console)
> explorer.exe
> done.

Sit in the corner and cry :'(