Reforming

Okay gus. You finally fucking broke me. All my life I've used Windows all the way from ME to 10. I can't fucking do this anymore. The only linux experience I've had was on the shitty debian shootoff on the Rasperry Pi. That's all. All I know is Windows and basic shit from Raspbian.

What do I do? I don't play videogames these days either, I want a small portable linux machine to keep working on music and web dev. Any articles or archived threads I can read to get me started?

Attached: IMG_7977.png (600x450, 810K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alternativeto.net/
forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1058530.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Gentoo

Where?

Manjaro. I have this running on a Core2Duo system for over 2 years. Had maybe 3 issues relating to the AMD GPU. Installed a Nvidia, no more issues. Literally 2 clicks and you are done updating.

>working on music
>linux

Attached: ms_frizzle2.png (400x300, 151K)

Use Ubuntu. it's got the widest compatibility. It's where I started, it's where loads of people started. It's a great OS.

You may not be able to use the software you're used to. if you're lucky they'll have Linux versions. If not you'll have to use open-source alternatives, but there are some great ones out there. The site alternative.to can help.

>alternative.to

sorry, right address is alternativeto.net/

If not I can just use wine but most of my day to day is on browser. Most if not all apps I use are on Ubuntu.

Antergos with large.xys windows manager preconfigured script is the best thing you can do to get into Linux right now. Believe me.

I've never used Wine. I can't accept leaving Windows for Linux and then installing a layer to let me use Windows again. Doesn't make sense. If I need to use a Windows program, I don't. If it's a game that only runs on Windows, I don't play it, I play something else. Nothing on Windows is that important or irreplaceable.

Try Ubuntu out, the new stable release, 18.04 is just a week away. You can try out the beta on live USB. I think you'll see a notable difference to Windows.

imo the best thing on the raspberry pi is mint mate .. a minimal ubuntu, which works perfectly

Larbs.xyz lmao I'm drunk

Odroid xu4 or just an onboard intel in a cube pc

Linuxmint for 2 months to learn how to use it then switch to Debian stable with KDE.

I almost did exactly the same. Ubuntu for six weeks then Debian stable. Been with it ever since.

Why Gentoo?

Anywhere you like. I installed it in my room but you could install it in your kitchen, bathroom, even your backyard if you have a long enough power cord

It was for my main pc but now on the topic of Pi's I heard it can run x64 gentoo.

Ubuntu unironically, grind it till you understand everything about linux then go to arch. That's the path I did and never had much problems to be honest.

Attached: 1498679166117.jpg (223x233, 20K)

"Install Gentoo" is a meme and Gentoo is one of the more advanced versions of Linux. The meme exists because if you learn to install Gentoo the theory is you can fix more or less any Linux problem.

forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1058530.html

The absolute state of Jow Forums today...Windows is too hard for meeeeeeeee. I don't know what I'm doing.

>They expect their distros to run without constant maintenance every hour..... Welcome to memeblivion.

>one post = the state of the entire board?

Did you even read the OP?

Works on my machine ;^)

Attached: 4q5Y5ad.jpg (500x559, 72K)