RIP ZTE

RIP ZTE

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/googles-us-android-go-launch-derailed-by-zte-ban/

>The US Department of Commercehas banned US companies from selling parts and software to ZTE for seven years.
>The company is no longer allowed to use US components and, possibly, software in its devices.
>The Commerce Department decision means ZTE Corp may not be able to use Google’s Android operating system in its mobile devices.

F

Attached: [email protected] (1290x1192, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee_and_Dog_Meat_Festival
youtube.com/watch?v=mWbiFkg3z7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> The Commerce Department decision means ZTE Corp may not be able to use Google’s Android operating system in its mobile devices.

What if they turn to Replicant though?

Good thing android is open source

Good. I wish they'd also ban Huawei Xaomi and all other subhuman chink scum manufacturers.

honestly kill yourself

This, unironically this

oops meant

Fuck off chang, go eat another dog or something.

Nope, fuck chinkshit

Attached: fa43e39d1a5d1080859e55628688875c.png (685x339, 19K)

This thread is glowing in the dark

This. All Chinese products should be banned, 2bh.

They're crap and they're all made based on technological theft. Chinks don't invent anything, they just copy patents from elsewhere because they don't give a fuck about intellectual property.

>US
nothing of value was lost

Yup. The thieves should pay up for what they steal from the west or get their bubble burst.

Don't think the chinks eat dogs. Don't they drift in those low riding cars and wield katanas?

>supporting trade protectionism

boomer retardation never ceases to amaze

>Don't think the chinks eat dogs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee_and_Dog_Meat_Festival

fuck man...

Android is open source, but GAPPS are not; that basically kills ZTE outside of China.

Attached: AKARI.jpg (690x932, 54K)

Didn't even think about that, I'm retarded
Would software be considered an export, though?

Not really protectionism; the US doesn't have a cellphone company that competes in the low end market ZTE serves. This is punishing ZTE for selling to the Norks & Persians.

Attached: 1432191177393.jpg (550x309, 42K)

The order says ZTE is "incapable of being, or unwilling to be, a reliable and trustworthy recipient of US-origin goods, software, and technology" and "may not, directly or indirectly, participate in any way in any transaction involving any commodity, software, or technology exported or to be exported from the United States..."

The order directly mentions exporting software.

Attached: 128192408.jpg (500x509, 75K)

open source gapps when?

>Forgot that Top U.S Smartphone brand is also Chinese

No US parts means no Qualcomm SoCs & no GAPPS. That puts ZTE at a distinct disadvantage in many markets.

Attached: 126026455.jpg (800x718, 168K)

What is Korea, long time U.S. ally for $500, Alex?

Why is ZTE in trouble?
What did they do?

Attached: ditto dance.gif (499x439, 13K)

Axon 7 was great. I give them that.

>Forgot that most of it still made in China

Well congratulations, most of everything is made in China. I'm not defending the action, but the point is the Software is still made in the US and installed by an ally.

Discount stock on aliexpress?

By most you mean none? Soc and main board made by Samsung Semicon in korea. RAM made by Samsung in korea. NAND might be the only thing made in China but Korea is more likely as they only have a few Chinese fabs at all. OLED panel, made by Samsung. Camera, Samsung. The list goes on. It's one of the most vertically integrated companies in teh world and they're very protective because they're basically the company of South Korea. Almost all of their fabs and manufacturing plants are in korea itself.

Assembly and case milling is perhaps done in China

They shipped telecom equipment to North Korea & Iran; back in 2012 the US government said stop doing or you can't sell in the US or use US parts. ZTE didn't comply, so now the US government is following through on threat.

Attached: Rin_Feet.png (800x567, 274K)

How the FUCK do you not know that literally all electronics are made in China now?
But sure, go ahead and ban them. I bet you come back crying because you can't do your gaymen anymore.
Get production back to Burgerland or shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1493532295376.jpg (491x552, 75K)

Literal grandmas post on Jow Forums now, who'd've thought?

>TSMC, GF, Samsung, and Intel are the biggest semiconductors in the world, literally almost 100% of all production
>they have almost no fabs in China

China only designs and makes small shit circuits that go into toys. And Vega

BBC says their equipment is likely backdoored here in the UK.

Shipping chips to china is cheap, assembling the rest of the phone is the expensive part.

Agree. But as long as cheap fuck idiots keep buying them they will be around. Kind of like how the stupid American worker started to buy all of their shit from Walmart, who was buying all of their shit from China, then the idiot American workers wondered why they were out of work. They were collectively stupid enough to obsolete themselves.

SailfishOS? Blackberry 10? Random Linux spinoff?

Why do you support a bunch of theiving cock suckers? They couldn't build shit from scratch for themselves. All they do is steal everything and make it cheaper with roach workers. I would honestly ban all imports from that shithole.

Where can I find an American assembled phone that costs less than $200 a has a 1080p display?

I thought cameras were all Sony.

Who gives a fuck, spend more. By being cheap you are supporting IP theft and should be fucking shot.

>Not understanding the difference between designed and coded in China by commie chinks and shit assembled by poor commie chinks
Fucking retards

What IP theft? My phone vendor uses genuine chips from non-Chinese manufacturers.

>They almost have no fabs in China
Wrong
TSMC Fab 10, NJ
Intel Fab 68
Planned GlobalFoundries Fab
They're in China

But how complex is manufacturing a smartphone compared to just creating the software?

Right now: microG

>touching google's servers whatsoever

Why?

Manufacturering something isn't the same as designing it. If it's made in china the chinks don't get a chance to force a hardware backdoor because foreign companies will tell them to fuck off. If it's designed in China by chinks companies the it 100% has a hardware backdoor for the Chinese government.

F my ass more like S to spit
t. Blade V8 Pro user stuck in MM because the faggots won't help devs

IP is corporate welfare

If ZTE stops being cunts and become dev friendly they still can get an acceptable portion of their US market

They're, he's a Samsung/gook fanboy

How do you not understand that production by wageslaves is moving out of China to worse of places, and robots are going to take a lot of those jobs fast?

It's probably preferable to dissolve the company, rebrand and start selling phones that way.

Then again, if they were dumb enough to get caught selling electronics to blacklisted countries, they probably won't get around this.

So if a startup designs something cool, Google should be able to make an exact copy and sell it for 1/4 the price because existing manufacturing, experience, and cash reserves?

This!

Attached: ribp2jgg8cn01.jpg (640x583, 54K)

I'll always buy the cheaper clone.

Attached: Compaq_portable[1].jpg (1086x960, 204K)

Clone != same product.

People bought real IBM's even when """"compatibles""""" came out, for a variety of reasons. IBM would have been seriously hurt if HP could have made a DIRECT copy of the 5150.

Yes, that's clearly just market forces creating a superior product, one which only costs the consumer 1/4 of the price

(By the way I'll bet most of Jow Forums will share this sentiment without understanding how incredibly bad races-to-the-bottom are for all participants of the market)

races to the bottom are good

>Forgot that Samsung has NSA backdoor

For the market yes, competition is good. But if HP could have made a direct clone, everyone would. Then the company with the most money would make the cheapest available, and become richer. It smashes the little guy, every time. Ideally the little guy can compete with a good idea, or at least make money licensing that idea to someone larger.

RTTBs are a specific type of toxic market practices that are bad. Competition is good. RTTBs are not.

Literal fucking retard. Without protections 99% of the shit you use right now would not exist. Some people just don't know fuck all about how business work. Muh biziness bad because my commie professor talks about corporate wulfur all day. Eat a giant cock.

user! Businesses spend BILLIONS on R&D out of the goodness of their heart!

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Manufacture them in India, fund our space program.

youtube.com/watch?v=mWbiFkg3z7s

My Nexus 5 just died. And I wanted to get an Axon 7. Are you fucking kidding me.

+10 social credit to your Baidu account.

:)

Just bought a MI A1 as a second phone i'm happy supporting china, i hope one day they will start using Yuan or Euro for buying oil so the muricans dollar gonna fall in value :)

Attached: IndianVacation.jpg (744x960, 96K)

That's illegal. Isn't ASOP under a free & open license?

GAPPS though

It's licensing scheme has no impact on export regulations. American citizens are bound by them.

1 shekels has been deposited to your account

:)

>How the FUCK do you not know that literally all electronics are made in China now?

I build my own wifi equipment since off the shelf stuff isn't good enough for my purposes. Guess what, most electronic components have US sources as options except LCD matrix displays. But even then this is avoidable by building a fuckhuge LED display using US-made LEDs. Intel chips are still made in America (depends on the model, ask a rep) so I can use those (inb4 botnet). Nearly all electronics can be made in America, Japan and Korea. China can fuck off.

Seriously, pry open your PC and check every component. There is a good chance at least some of them will be US made unless you went out of your way to buy Walmart grade parts. But even then Walmart sells Sony and Intel products.

This. The chinamans should all be exterminated.

Who cares about domestic spying. China is the real threat to democracy and western civilization

I see the free market is providing the solution here

This. Also China should ban import of US products for consumers while allowing to reverse engineer and copy them freely.

Muh dominoes

>they have almost no fabs in China
Do you even believe the shit that comes out of your mouth?

Is it time for SailfishOS to shine?