How much memory does Jow Forums use, and what for?

How much memory does Jow Forums use, and what for?

Attached: images (2).jpg (384x384, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qBmElSVy4U8
chillblast.com/seagate-firecuda-range-of-sshds.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

'bout three gigdy

16GB. I give it all to chrome

16 niggabytes for muh gaymes

Laptop 8GB. Doesn't need more
Desktop 16GB to run Adobe Creative Cloud and Windows. I'd up it to 24, but memory prices.
Server 64GB. The reason why I'm not worried too much about increasing my memory now. Any real heavy work gets done on the server. No need to waste my laptop/desktop resources on any heavy lifting task.

8 GB for server, game and developing.

16GB. 4*4GB DDR3
Browsing FFx +10 tabs Chrome 20+ tabs, 2 vms testing OMV and pFsense

Unironically this.

32gb for gaming and work on desktop
16gb for work laptop, for using office
and 4gb for throwaway laptop so I can download stuff with it.

32GB on my gaymen computer. Never went above around 12GB used.
64GB on my main computer. Same story here. Don't use it for anything.

>32GB
>For gaming

Attached: 1520750118030.png (298x403, 91K)

You complain about 32GB in my gaymen rig but have no problem with the 64GB in my other computer that I literally only use to shitpost.

If you're using Chrome then 64GB is fine

16gb
The only time I reach capacity is when playing modded Minecraft (6gb reserved) while having 20+ browser tabs open and watching videos on the other screen. Most other games I play aren't really too demanding

>If you're using Chrome then 64GB is fine
No, Firefox.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 00.58.36.png (1406x910, 191K)

>24 GB
>freelance graphics

Originally 32GB but one stick was defective and even though it was still within warranty the FUCKING CUNTS didn't want to replace it completely free of charge because it happened right when the RAM price hike began. I paid around 40 bucks back then and when I returned it they wanted 50 extra from me because the stick was at 90 when it happened. Said fuck it, got my 40 back and now left with 24GB which is still enough for what I do. No way I pay these absolutely retarded prices now.

Attached: 1337875187495.gif (282x257, 1.8M)

4 GB pure DDR3 memory (single channel)

>4 GB pure DDR3 memory (single channel)
>pure DDR3 memory
good shit

Attached: c.jpg (320x290, 13K)

12 GB in my GPU and 32 for the CPU

16 GB for blender and vegas.

Attached: 1483842__semi-dash-grimdark_artist-colon-orang111_oc_oc-colon-kaby+lake_oc-colon-ryzen_amd_blood_coo (1336x1594, 897K)

>all these faggots saying 16GB
>every year prior the same cocksuckers were saying DURR WHY DO YOU NEED MORE THAN 8GB?! ARE YOU A GAYMUR FAG??

Attached: Shucks.jpg (853x993, 135K)

pub/g/ uses 9.

GTFO /V/ERMIN

zomg fuck me right? What do you do when your friends are busy and work is done that's so much holier than gaming?

8 for general use

32 GB running VMs, probably upgrading to at least 48

I used 49 GB last night, which consisted of
>Windows 8 VM for running a bot
>Windows 10 VM for development
>Ubuntu VM for development
>Telegram
>Slack
>Skype
>Steam
>Thunderbird
>Outlook
>Chrome
>Winamp
>Excel

And you'd probably think I didn't need all of those things at once. And you're right, but I did have them open because I can.

check em
I forgot to mention that I have a total of 64 GB, I just mentioned that specific case because it was asked how much RAM I'm actually using

usually I sit around 24-40 GB, though.

16gb for game dev. Looking to upgrade to 32 or 64 for the next upgrade.

I got 24gb, mostly goes into VMs and sometimes working on really big files for rendering and other crap.
Problem is that my pc is starting to show it's age so it's taking a while to do certain things in it in terms of rendering and so on.
I wish I had money for a threadripper.

16 GB in my laptop that is my only machine. I'm an undergrad student, have no room nor need for a PC so a gaymen laptop is enough.
I use my RAM for Firefox, fucking around with VMs and the occasional actual data work for my studies

21GB because I'm always getting blackjack.

16 GB
>8GB for VM
>For Native Desktop
Pretty good for browsing as well

4GB on macbook
8GB on server 1
32GB on server 2
2GB on server 3
3GB on server 4
4GB on server 5

16GB, editing .psb files

>I use my RAM for Firefox
unironically this

8gb laptop
16gb desktops

mostly vm usage

16gb
8hg worth of hugepages for vfio 1060 gaymeeng VM
8gb for host: Firefox, chromium, telegram and vim

512 megs for Windows XP home

4gb 2011 debian macbook air (thanks soldering)
4gb 2007 dell latitude win 7 (backup spare)
6gb (3 x 2gb) DDR3 triple channel 2008 i7 920 debian media / server

memory question: i just harvested 16gb DDR3 (2x8gb) out of water damaged xps 15 along with a 512gb nvme. Both work. Would it make sense to get an adapter and put it in my server ? would i experience any hit dual channel compared to tripple chanel ? or i might just sell it ?

Attached: IMG_5608.jpg (3264x2448, 2.15M)

16gb for mah games. I should get more because I can. But first I'll get a new CPU and mobo. Then new memory, followed by an 1180ti (upgrading from 1080ti)
I'm a good goy

>How much memory does Jow Forums use, and what for?
I used to have an old 16MB dimm i used as a coaster, mom threw it out. God I miss that thing.

2gb on a win7. Wanna cry, Jow Forums?

4gb on laptop

dont need anymore unless you use bloatshit

Oh, wow.

16 gaymes

I fell for the 16GiB meme

24-> watching movies

MongoDB uses all 16gb.

4 gigs. all i do is write and compile code and lightly browse internet. don't need anything crazy. i do sometimes use my university's servers, though for more intensive tasks.

Have 24gb. I barely use more than 8 or 9 but I originally built my PC with 8 and so it got where it would run out occasionally if I left my browser or music player open when doing other things. Got the extra 16 for $60 back a few years ago. All DDR3 and overclocked to 2100 for no reason.

Also got 16gb DDR3 on my travel laptop for no other reason than it was less than $50 at the time.

8 gigs

32GB. I just stress test my rig all day and night with all kinds of shit.

32gb; VMs, programming, and a gogrillion Firefox tabs all at once.

3*8GB on desktop.
Used 8*16GB on server (64GB each cpu).

What the fuck. Why does it need so much user?

4gb and a ssd. I'm going to add another 4gb soon, but it's not that bad as long as you have a ssd. I do quite a bit photoshop work and it's evident when I run out when I have both photoshop and illustrator open at the same.

Don't listen to the crowd. Trust in your own judgement.

16 big ones.
Comes in handy when I play my autistic city-builder game.

Attached: 20180320210616_1.jpg (1600x900, 671K)

12gb because x58

8GB. Would be 16, but fuck these RAM prices.

Although I guess I don't really need more than I have anyway.

I have 2 of those sticks in my PC, idk what size

16GB
I have hundreds of tabs open

16 GB on my fapmachine!

Main Linux rig on work - 24 Gb
Windows Laptop work - 24 Gb
Home Linux Server - 8 Gb
Linux Laptop - 12 Gb
Windows rig for games - 20 Gb

IDE, lots of tabs in chrome, mindmap software, several messengers, several virtual machines, some other stuff.

>at work
Fuck my ESL ass.

Main system has 32GB across 4 sticks. said system is used for video editing, VM/network tool sandboxing, and gaming. Usually all at once.

Server currently has 4GB across 2 sticks, but I just got a new server board and 8GB of ECC ram to go with it, so that's pending. Server is 99% a file sharing PC. Centralized backups, printer sharing. Only getting 8GB because it was cheap but I may decide to offload my Smoothwall firewall to the server.

I am using 4.2/16.0 GB of memory, and the process using the most memory is Firefox.

54mb to download and share my anime

512M ram
16GB swap

the proper way of doing things.

20gb is useful for light AE editing. 64 is recommended for big projects

24Go for machine learning

32gb, 3d rendering and adobe cc.

My laptop has 1.12GB, I use it for everything.

4gb DDR2

>8GB
>most of it taken up by web browser
Is this a problem?

No, that's normal.

i code temple os

anyone care to explain if single channel 8gb to dual channel 8*2 will improve performance and stability for gaymen if im already 100% maxing out my 7300hq @3.1ghz in cpu intensive games like hitman, gta etc? thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=qBmElSVy4U8

anyone know if things would improve if Im already maxing out cpu & gpu usage? in the video it seems the extra frame rate mostly came from the increased gpu utilisation

32 GB, for never running out of it.

just came across this. Anyone ever use it? It looks amazing but probably thousands of shekels....

chillblast.com/seagate-firecuda-range-of-sshds.html

16 gig for games xD

192GB on my VM host box.
16GB on my desktop.

/thread

128GB for Genome Analysis.
Jow Forums is consumerist trash and should kts.
T. Scientist

Districtlets will never understand...

>how much RAM I'm actually using
BTW

Attached: 1493784958442.png (470x39, 1K)

Firefox is using 1.6 gb and the rest is using 2.6 gb.

>laptop
2x4GB ddr 3
Gets used for developing and media consumption
>desktop
2x8GB
Gets used for developing, media consumption and counter strike global unboxing simulator
>server
512mb because it's a vps and only used for znc / got hosting my dotfiles

I rarely use 4gb on my laptop even with multiple tabs Firefox on Firefox open. My desktop never ever touched 10gb. >8GB memory is a meme, don't fall for it. I don't use windhit, adobe malware or some cad bullshit though

14,9 GiByte

32GB Virtual machines mostly, its nice to just have essentially limitless memory though.

>tfw got 2x16GB sticks 2 years ago wanting to eventually go to 64GB but the prices have doubled in that timespan

16GB RAM because of fucking Android Studio!

2gb total

It's amazing how little you need when you're not running a bloatware IDE, seven electron applications and 30 social media tabs all at once. I only ever run out of ram when temporarily utilizing facebook's messenger

4GB on my Chromebook
16GB on my dying main Laptop
6GB on my Thinkpad

planning to get 32GB for my next PC

>tfw fell for the 16 GiB RAM meme

Chrome won't even start for me without downloading all 32 of ram

16gb, but the most i have used is about 10gb. My work pc has 16gb as well and i fill that shit up, java dev works takes a lot of mem

32GB
>10GB constantly used for Firefox
>3,2GB for basic fucking Windows 10 operation
>The rest ist for VMs