DSLinux

youtube.com/watch?v=T-cMdRKsuas

Can it install gentoo?

Attached: 1200px-Ds_lite_with_slot-2_device_running_dslinux.jpg (1200x1200, 176K)

Not videogames.

I remember this. It was pretty useless but interesting.

Why is there no computer this size? I want to install gentoo (not a joke) and do comfy computing on the terminal, no need for more.

It is a videogame console

>DSLinux
I had one. 4+32mb RAM is an interesting experience i.e. really shit

It can't even run the actual linux kernel.

GPD Pocket Laptop

GPD Pocket + Intel NUC 8 VR when?

Does that trigger you, kiddo?

then what's that on the screen in OPs pic
>inb4 whining about how mainline is the only Linux kernel

Unironically, what the fuck is "comfy computing on command line"?

What would you actually do on a pocket sized computer running Linux?

Botched kernel to run on devices without a MMU
As expected it runs like ass.

mane the NDS was the comfiest portable console ever. It had a special... "something". Hard to describe. I own a lot of portable consoles but the NDS is the only one that "feels right". The PSP feels too delicate, the Vita buttons are shit, the 3DS is too heavy, the GBA is too small, and so on.

>board is full of marketing/shill threads for gaming PC parts, video cards and other gaming paraphernalia being discussed in the context of playing video games
>you're nowhere to be found
>slow thread about running Linux on a piece of embedded hardware that was built for games but no longer being used for that purpose
>HURR gotta virtue signal to make sure they all know I'm not one of those /v/irgins! Wanna know how I know the top two most frequently used applications on your system are your browser and screenfetch/neofetch? Fuck off, dumbfuck redditor.

>a computer system that runs entertainment software is not technology
???

>Vita buttons are shit
Wrong kid

Thats cool and everything but is it useful?

with proper I/O I could see someone using it as a controller of some kind

or any other application that doesn't make you rely on that shitty keyboard on the lower screen for anything beyond basic input

>Comfy
No, unless you love horrible hand cramps.
Making the sides completely flat was a terrible idea. The PSP/Vita design is a bit better as your fingers fit around the body of the console to reach the triggers, not cut right into it.

Use elinks and masturbate to shitty ASCII art

>the 3DS is too heavy

Attached: 1523327731497.png (560x629, 352K)

i think i saw someone use the graphical links2 on it once, could be complete bullshit though

Install linux on 3ds and masturbate to shitty 3D ASCII art

huur

Attached: 1522949531224.gif (487x560, 898K)

barely enough RAM to boot + no MMU (so no virtual memory) = basically useless
still pretty neat though

>The PSP feels too delicate
the 200X felt pretty delicate, but not the original 100X

-- oh, and i've seen plenty of ds's with;
- broken hinges
- squeaking hinges
- scratched-to-fuck touch screens
but i've never seen a broken psp

and this is coming from someone who has both
originally a psp 1002, which i replaced with a 3002. and i got a second hand ds lite later on
right now the psp is fine, and the ds lite has a weak hinge, which squeaks sometimes, and a nice big gash across the touchscreen where the stylus picked up some tiny rock fragment or something one time
and i've used the psp a lot more than the ds

You might like the new 2DSXL. It's lighter and slimmer than the other foldable 3ds models. And it comes in an aesthetic faded purple and white color.

irc, web browsing, any ssh work you'd do on a normal computer

I agree with him. I played a lot of Taiko no Tatsujin on a 3DS, then tried playing it on Vita and it felt pretty bad. Specifically sliding between two buttons quickly for fast drumrolls felt like shit and was barely doable on the Vita compared to the 3DS.

Don't write it off so quickly. A lot of consoles use interesting architecture. I've been wondering if a PS3 running a normal GNU/Linux distro could be more free than a traditional x86 computer. The low amount of RAM might be annoying, though.

Vita has the best d-pad. I agree the other buttons are a bit small.

I didn't use one long enough to have much of an opinion on the dpad, but it seemed at least okay.

fuck off bradley you're just bad

>autism

literally every PSP I've owned (about 5) has broken on me (screen, analog stick, battery, etc). On the other hand, I've owned 3 NDS consoles and only one was broken (hinges) and I didn't even do it, it came like that.