What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: ruby.png (959x833, 89K)

The process of your abortion.

:):):):):):):):):):):).
You make my day.

chink shit always has a superior us made equivalent

But seriously OP, is a silly question. Get to work.

I've almost never used Ruby. My guess is it got too closely associated with Rails. It seemed to rise and fall with the popularity of Rails alone.

I would if there were any companies still using Ruby for greenfield projects :^)

Attached: gopher.gif (500x500, 250K)

This. The language itself is much nicer than Python.

>What went wrong?
RoR :^)
Memes aside, everything is okay. The JIT experiment is exciting; I look forward to 2.6

Attached: comf.gif (377x326, 4K)

So, you telling me, that you don't work, because you tied yourself to a language and don't have any compromise/passion/interesting in grow up your full potential as a human being ?. Ok i get it keep asking about Ruby OP

If you like anime, you should use Ruby as it is Japanese-made.

:)

I think it's a very nice language to use. Sadly all the most useful libraries are in Python/other languages.

is ruby-on-rails really shit like Jow Forums says it is? the company that im considering to apply for uses it, and im seriously considering working for them because i used to be a student intern (and thus have a high chance of being accepted)

>Jow Forums says it is
Jow Forums never have an idea what they're talking about.
Ruby on Rails is a great framework that's really easy to get into.

No, it's great for what it does (Crud web apps).

The issue is that it's the only thing Ruby is frequently used for, and the language is famous for bootcamp webdevs who don't really have experience with anything else.

This image is how I feel reading and writing ruby. If I don't need performance, it's my go-to. Luckily I work at a company that supports it as a first class citizen.

Don't listen to Jow Forums, RoR is fine, it's just not the new hotness. It's supremely nice to read and write. There are some performance limitations, but not everyone is Twitter etc, and I love writing my operational tooling in it.

thanks for the answers, i'll keep it in mind. oh another question, does ruby have libraries for game dev?

>What went wrong?
Rails

Attached: 1524020294809.jpg (554x439, 106K)

why is it better for your tooling than bash, python, or javascript(node)?

Because it's a nicer language

Matter of opinion - dey all do da same sheet

Attached: codedoge.jpg (1280x960, 256K)

Indeed

Why not write your shit in FORTRAN then?

Shell scripting in general gets ugly and unmaintainable absurdly quick. Any of these languages aside from that would be fine to maintain tooling with today, I just prefer ruby, and I like how easy it is to load a library I make into irb and run it ad-hoc like shell commands.

This wasn't me but I agree.

Lua seems to be more popular for games (see warcraft extensions etc) and more performance oriented languages are used for engines and writing games.

Lua is a very popular language to embed since it has a very small footprint. My company embeds it inside a logic engine we use.

Optional parentheses.

There's nothing wrong with optional parentheses.

Look at an average rspec unit test and then say that again.

>focusses too much on one paradigm, these languages tend to die
>like in Python too much stuff happens at runtime that should happen at compile time (I'm not talking about type checking)
>Ruby suffers from RoR
>like CPython, CRuby pisses away almost all advantages an interpreter/evaluator can have and mruby isn't promoted enough