Anyone have an iPhone X here?

Anyone have an iPhone X here?

I have a Galaxy S9+ with a defective front camera, it has trouble focusing. I should've replaced it within the 15 days return timeframe but I missed that point and now I have to send it in for repair. The nearest Samsung authorized repair centre is 30 minutes away by car, and I don't know how long the repair would take.

So I was thinking I could just upgrade to the iPhone X instead. I haven't used an Apple device in 6 years so I feel like it's time to give them a chance again. I've realized I don't even use that much customization on my Galaxy S9+.
>don't use microSD
>no headphone jack doesn't matter since I don't listen to music that much. just use lightning earpods outdoors and use the dongle at home.
>the notch I'll probably get used to

What do you like about the iPhone X? What do you miss from Android?

Attached: iphone-x-silver-select-2017?wid=305&hei=358&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=15 (305x358, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=136526&curpostid=136666
youtube.com/watch?v=oNl2q6YZXlA
youtube.com/watch?v=r2z4pjgP-AM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if someone who posts here has an iphone x, they just paid 1000$ for (you)s

>Upgrade from the S9+ to the iPhone X
>Upgrade to a older phone
>Upgrade
Fucking hell

The iPhone X has a better processor.

>Believing Geekbench scores
Oy Vey

Even Android fanboys know Apple has the better processors, what is your proof here?

realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=136526&curpostid=136666

>30 minutes is far
Wtf?

>realworldtech
That sounds like an alt-right website, I'm not clicking.

My mom doesn't want to drive me there and I don't want to spend 50 minutes bussing there.

Geekbench are microbenches that are cache perfect so stuff like branch prediction gets tossed out the window. Compare it against a real workload like the 3D mark offscreen physics. Apple still does well but not like 2x better

It's a post by Linus Torvalds you fucking imbecile.

And you're saying he's not part of the alt-right movement? Retard.

you mean a phone can trigger autists on here? that sounds worth it.

>The principal developer of the Linux kernel is now the leader of the alt right
oooooooooook there buddy. Keep yelling in your retarded echo chamber. Thread saged and hidden

I haven't used an Android device in a near decade. I upgraded from my 5 year old 5S to my X and im liking it. Nothing bad imo but I'm not some a Jow Forums tard who needs my phone to be a mini computer

Oh I see what you mean now. I thought you meant Linus Tech Tips

I'll miss the simplicity of torrenting music directly from my phone, but I still have my laptop for that.

I don't torrent on my phone so thats no issue for me. You also need VLC to play webms but again, not a big deal as I rarely open them up on my phone. I was using a friend's S8 a couple months back and it was lagging. Can't fuck with android phones (or samsung atleast) until they get that shit sorted.

Yeah android phones lag after 6 months to a year. Had to upgrade from my S8+ because of that.

>downgrading
not worth it.

I was a long-time iPhone user and switched from 6S to S8. Had the Galaxy for ~9 months until I made the mistake of switching back to the iPhone X. iOS just feels so clunky and restricted, now that I've set foot on the other side. Notifications are a mess, low ppi screen, no real multitasking, no file management, etc. FaceID is a pain; felt like an idiot raising my phone and trying to unlock it in public.

Last straw - one day I was attempting to sync some documents via iTunes but needed to get an app compatible w/ the file extension. I suddenly thought to myself...what the hell am I doing? No idea why I was going through that headache again.

Luckily I was still in the return window. Got rid of it and picked up the S9+ this week. Life is good again.

Only poor people hate the iPhone X.

Why on earth would you ever buy an apple product?

It's been 6 years without an Apple product, why not?

because apple is a terrible company and you could probably just get your phone sent in under warranty?

They just sued a third party repairman because he was getting his refurbished displays from China, they lost thankfully.

youtube.com/watch?v=oNl2q6YZXlA

Get my phone sent in and what, spend a few weeks without my phone? Fuck that

user, i have the x. it's nice. faceid is kinda slow compared to touchid and it can be pretty annoying sometimes, the notch is literally a non issue. it disappears within the first day of using the phone. if you have the money, why not get it.

>30 min drive
>1000$
Nigga do you have to much money or something?

Provided you're going to Samsung Service Center, they can usually fix a front camera within an hour.

>They just sued a third party repairman because he was getting his refurbished displays from China, they lost thankfully.
The screens the repair places here use aren't Retina. It's like looking through fly-wire.

Apple is also preventing people from replacing their screens with the same model screen from a different iphone

youtube.com/watch?v=r2z4pjgP-AM

I unironically miss touch id, face id is nice, but I’d prefer both.

So you'd rather pay $1000+ dollars to get a worse phone than get the phone you already own fixed for free?

Maybe an iphone is more your speed afterall, champ.

Spending that much money on a fucking phone that you will either drop or have it stolen.

>mommy won't drop me off at the repair center
>wana ditch this new phone and buy a brick of crap for 1000$
>i can't spend a week with a dumbphone, retard
OP is a spoiled brat, perfect fit for an Iphone.

>Buying premium phones when mid range is half the price and just as good

>it's another daily itoddler pretending to be and android user to shill his gay toddler toys episode
Reminder to report, sage and hide.

I think the appropriate action would be to kill yourself. It is obvious you are not fit to think for yourself.

>>Linus Torvalds
>Linus Tech Tips
aboslute tech illiterate here

I have an iPhone X.

The notch shaming is a meme. It disappears the day you buy it. When you think about it, I’d rather have the notch and the upper periphs on either side, because you do still get that much more usable real estate. Face ID works great every time. At first, it struggles in the dark (not low light, dark) but as it learns it gets much better. The gestures are fantastic, I don’t miss the button. The headphones that come with it are “good enough” tier, and if you care about a jack, get an adapter or wireless headphones. Battery life is really good, and I use my phone a lot. Don’t miss android. Happy to answer any questions.

>I shill inferior botnet poorfag phones because I get paid rupees by the post

Attached: 1409416610499.png (973x799, 216K)

Just remove the front camera or make it flip up or in from the side so I can have a larger display if you're going bezeless.

These are the kinds of threads that make me torn on the issue of getting a new phone. I'm a fucking faggot that already owns other kinds of Apple hardware, so an iPhone makes sense to keep everything in sync between my devices.
The S9+ is objectively the dream right now in terms of hardware, but it's a bloated Samsung android, which is a nightmare to get to sync on a Mac, I've once spent an entire day trying to make a coworkers phone become visible to the system, whereas on Wangblows you just plug it in and that's it.
If the S9 ran iOS, there would be no question about what to get.

>macshit
Found your problem.

Ios is a fucking dumpster fire. Just like everything else apple shits into appletards' mouths.

Attached: _20180419_013237.jpg (1080x1518, 216K)

I have the iPhone X.

Not sure how it would be an upgrade per say but it's a nice phone. Not worth the money however when you consider the point of difference between this and say an iPhone 7. The big selling point for me when I switched from my iPhone 5s was the battery. The 7 battery sucks whereas the X is the best among the iPhone's apart from the plus models.

>The nearest Samsung authorized repair centre is 30 minutes away by car, and I don't know how long the repair would take.
Use your phone and call them.

>ishit
>battery life
lmao

Attached: 1512074275766.png (645x7680, 466K)

he says while accepting googles hyperfeminism and censorship on youtube and the web in general

I often switch back and forth every year or two. This year I got S8 plus. If you disable all the Samsung garbage it's a pretty good phone. Otherwise I would still take an iPhone X+ over this any day. Most things apart from notifications are just more pleasant on iOS.

good goy

Yeah, it is a problem, but one I'm too deep in to just stop sucking Apple's dick unless I up and replace all the hardware I own. Something I wouldn't be against doing if I could.

I clearly said:
>the X is the best among the iPhone's apart from the plus models

You fucking retard. Learn to read.

Apple (evil scumbags who will do everything they can to con you out of money) or Google (evil scumbags who will do everything they can to absorb all your personal data). Pick your poison, lads.

I have an 8+. Only things I miss about Android are the non-shitty notification banners (OTOH I definitely do not miss the notification icon spam in the status bar) and the fact my car uses Android Auto rather than Carplay.

What's the point of a MORE PWERED CPU.
It's not like that you will edit your 8k videos on your phone. Every. Single. Day.
It just eats your battery. For the most of the time (like 99%) you won't need that processing power at all

Itll be a strong contender if it was actually 1000 dollar here
The s9 plus is 1k and the iphone x 64 gb is 1.2k

I can make more money, but I can't manufacture more privacy out of thin air. I'll take the devil I pay over the devil I don't.

It's good man, ignore the shills

I tried it in store and was pretty impressed by the gesture navigation

Me too, my current phone is the 6 and I stopped by the local shop today to mainly see what the difference is between the 8+ and X. The capacitive home button feels really weird to use since I was used to just tapping the button to go home, but here you actually have to forcibly push into it, this makes swiping up a lot better by comparison. However, since the swipe up action now opens the switch screen, to actually close a program you need to hold until the red minus appears. If there's another way, I haven't discovered it, and judging by the all the apps that were running on the X, most other visitors didn't either.

Other notes:
Notch was essentially non-existent. Strange how something that sticks out in images online basically doesn't matter when in hand.
The plus models can display the home screen in portrait, and it's a shame the X doesn't, it's something I was sorely missing on the 6.
The red color looks pretty fucking rad, once again, too bad that the X doesn't have it.

All in all, the X feels better to use, even if I do have spatula hands that let me handle a plus just fine, while the 8+ edges it out with having landscape and slightly larger screen. Kinda torn between the two.

>this phone is two months older and thus inherently worse in all ways
the STATE of consumers

Biggest difference between the 8 plus and x is the price of course

it's more than 2 months old

This website isn't for you. I'd suggest

Remember to report, sage, and call the cops everyone

With that money you might as well buy a camera retard

B-but phones are more convenient!

I'm not into photography retard

I'm asking both reddit and Jow Forums for a reason

Fuck off and die. Stab a knife into your neck you fucking inbred

wow that's rude user. i'm glad i go on reddit so i never have to see these kinds of posts.

My dad has an iphone x that his sister paid for and his phone keeps fucking up. He would have text overlapping all a lot of apps no matter the test size he chooses. The phone would lock up and he would have to hard restart the phone at lease once a week. The phone would also have problems with touch screen precision. The grass is always greener on the other side OP.

why not just go to the apple store and get him a replacemnt user?

Because you're a dumb nigger

I mean I have a fucking reason why I'm not repairing my Galaxy S9+, the repair place is too far away and I can't live a week without my phone

You're a pussy fix it yourself faggot
Don't you know this is a tech board?
Kill yourself

I asked him to go, but its too far and he just assume its just an ordinary apple phone problem. He still like the phone regardless. Maybe he just needs to update the phone or something?

just get him a replacement already, or have apple ship a replacement to you if it's too far.

Should I rather get now an iphone X or fix my broken phone and get the new one in september?

whichever is cheaper, desu. iPhones typically hold value well though

future proofing for iOS updates

migrating your shit between phones is already a fuckhuge hassle

>whichever is cheaper, desu. iPhones typically hold value well though
well repairing it would vary between 60 ~100€.
Then waiting to buy the new one for 1k€ plus whatever the mobile dude is gonna charge me.

The only thing why I think repairing is the option, because in 5 months there is the new one, with probably better faceId and better touch controlls. But who knows how long I need to wait until I get one.

that's not a lot of money, repair it seems more plausible

i don't know how much money you would lose if you were to buy an iphone x right now then sell it for the newer iphone x

yeah but I can only repair it to that price if I have luck otherwise it´s double the money.

Man, if this would be like january I would easily buy it, but now it´s just like 5 months until the new one gets released.

usually repairing phones is not worth the cost

I am arab who fuck white whores that my father bring from US in return for oil.
I have trouble understanding English words.
Iphone's 3D touch to get dictionary works flawlessly. So i use Iphone x.

In Chrome for iOS, can you select text and search it instantly? It works on Android but does it work on iOS as well?

why user? btw. my old phone is a 6+

i use safari in ios

well, does safari have a similar feature?

Yes. 3d touch text and click lookup. it search dictionary and web as well.

>anyone else suck cocks on a daily basis

>implying

welp.

i just purchased the iPhone X from my carrier.

hopefully this thing will arrive soon

> realworldtech
Fucking lol. Why are you such a faggot?

it sounds like an alt-right website, is it?

Fuck off retard

>tfw my carrier is quoting 3 to 5 business days to ship
fuck

I have an iPhone X, user. I really like it. I'm less of a tinkerer than I used to be and this phone has been really great. I spend a lot of time on the phone and the battery life is very good too. I don't notice the little nook at the top really but I can't say I watch lots of videos on my phone either. I mostly use it for calls, emails, ubers, directions, banking/payment apps, and other normie stuff.

my main concern is that the screen is much smaller than the galaxy s9+

>I'm less of a tinkerer than I used to be
Then you can take your toddler toy and fuck right on back to plebbit where you belong.