Phillips Hue

Why are you not using the future of lighting yet Jow Forums?

Attached: u_10139071.jpg (1000x887, 32K)

I'm poor.

What's the point?

>wh*te
nah im not using anything wh*toid

Because why the fuck do I need RGB lights? Changing the temperature and brightness I understand.. but rgb house lights? Come the fuck on

Every lightbulb and accent light in my apartment is hue. feels good.

>Automagic lights
>Preset times to turn on and off
>Voice control
>Low power usage

All stuff I don't need. And low power applies to any LED bulb.

You don't use RGB everywhere. You get one or two lamps with them for when you're with a girl or watching a movie.

>the future of lighting is talking to an empty room so the lights turn on or off
Silly. This is like the 60s when people thought the future was flying cars.

Can't dim normal LED bulbs

I am future

Attached: real_future.jpg (1000x1000, 33K)

>internet of shit in the fucking lights
Nah.

dimmable LED bulbs are marginally more expensive than non-dimmable one

Do the Hue lights have any ambilight-like functionality?

Someone tl:dr me, i keep seeing ads for those, but never looked into it, what exactly are the doing and whats the big deal?Isnt it basicaly just lights that you control from your phone?

Pretty much.

Voice control, RGB, mood lighting, and you can set them on a timer or program them. Hue are overrated though. Xiaomi are just as good for 1/4 the price.

You can, they sell fucking control boards for that shit.

because all i can think of is huehuehuehueheu

>A microphone in every light bulb

Attached: stasi-surveillance.jpg (500x339, 60K)

>muh botnet

I have one just for my bedside table. Having warm whites at night and blue whites during the day helps keep my sleeping pattern normal.

I also have no natural light in my room, so it turns on about half an hour before my alarm, and I'm normally up 5-10 minutes before my alarm, feeling pretty good.

But I would never get them for the entire apartment. $60 for a bulb is too much when a normal led bulb is $5-10

I prefer candles and occasional sunlight

Enjoy dying in a fire user.

Why would I want to dim any light?

Because that is overly expensive crap.

I'm just using plain white bulbs without philips hue markup or smart maymay features.

Google Home has the bulbs that don't require a box like the one you have there. It's just a bulb.

>living in a flammable death trap with botnet lights
>not living in a cave with comfy candles

I did and refunded them, huge disappointment.
These fuckers are not exactly the same and randomly buzz when turned off. Some of my lightbulbs (among 4 of them) would always emit a buzzing sound when off as others would be quiet.
Asked support, got told it was normal behaviour, refunded them.

Attached: Da7_0YsW4AEM4sr.jpg (1200x821, 98K)

yikes

wow ... just ....

I hope for his sake this was a live suicide as performance art. It’s too dark a reality to continue living in

Why would I want botnet in my lightning as well? They already own my pc and phone.

>botnet of lighting
no.

GCP is a great devops and back end solution. That having been said, kill me if there ever needs to be high-level devops involved in my fucking lightbulbs

>connect potentiometer between light and switch
Woah, so fucking hard

Attached: 1516417387098.jpg (600x800, 65K)

With that, they tend to flicker rather than dim unless you get the right bulbs. But the initial point is still stupid because the right bulbs are readily found for pennies more than the non-dimmable ones.

>a microphone in your phone
>a camera in your phone
>a microphone in your laptop
>a camera in your laptop

the light bulb changes everything

When will they make one that isn't chink shit with a terrible UI

Because I'm not Brazilian.

>Nonfree lightbulbs
No thanks

>There exists things that can spy on you
>So therefore you should endeavor to ensure that every appliance you own can spy on you at all times.
You are a true brainlet, no memes here - you're a fucking idiot.

2.4ghz wifi bulb
Future

Pick one

Do you keep your phone's screen at full brightness all the time?

I'd start using these, but I really don't want to go through the effort of setting it up.

Yes.

What's the best way to use these in an apartment with no lights?

pic related is my current room with the 2 blue lamps being the only source of light besides the sliding glass door
need suggestions on improvement

communist surveillance camera

Attached: room.png (499x782, 61K)

your apartment has no lights?

Anyone know any good RGB + White smart bulbs which I could de-botnet?
Don't mind writing my own software for it but don't want to spend ages on it either.

Attached: 11116047_1393557970964894_388996400_n.jpg (420x315, 25K)

nope you can blame jews for that shit
they want to be able to raise rents until the tenant can't afford it, and then quickly flip the unit after they're forced to leave

what's better than getting to say "bring your own lights, goyim"

How much of a consumer whore do you have to be to buy such a bunch of useless shit.

Put light switch in the "on" position. Light comes on.
Put light switch in the "off" position. Light goes off.

That's all you fucking need. Anything else is horse shit marketting you've been fed to buy something. This fucking board...