Tell me Why I Should Buy a Ryzen

Okay Jow Forums, let's put all the shilling aside for a second. Convince me to buy a Ryzen, like real solid reasons. For 100€ I get the intel 8700k equivalent of a Ryzen 2700x build, AND a noctua cooler, AND better ram compatibility AND better motherboard, AND better (or at most equal) overall performance (gaming + workstation tasks). Unless all the benchmarks are biased and intel is paying them not to show the post meltdown + spectre real performances, but I'm not that paranoid yet.

Other than being little cheaper, I don't see any reason to switch to a Ryzen CPU. Proove me wrong.

Attached: ryzen-22.jpg (602x339, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2B0RJd7Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=HIgveGhJYrc
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,5571-4.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am also interested
I have been waiting more than 4 years for upgrade and also considering waiting more for DDR5

>workstation tasks
Ryzen.

Gaymen it's another story
youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2B0RJd7Nc

>youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2B0RJd7Nc
isn't it pretty close to the 8700k anyways? And comes with a stock cooler and just slightly overclocked in the video.

They're fairly close, yeah

what are the workstation tasks in which ryzen btfo a 8700k? Aside from graphic design and 3d rendering which i'll never use anyways

The 8700k is a dead platform, it will be replaced by the 9700k in June

The 2700X is unimpressive either, literally a Skylake to Kabylake jump. I guess 1st gen Ryzen owners will hop over to Ryzen 3

what about somebody who needs to buy the whole rig and possibly can wait until early june?

Wait for the Intel 8-core, if its gud then go for it

If you can't wait, buy a 2700X

You can hop on to Ryzen 3 next year

AMD shills shit on Intel for changing mobos every iteration but on Ebay right now there are a shitton of X370 boards and 1st gen Ryzen chips on ridiculous firesale prices

I can wait but if they launch it at 500€ they can kindly fuck off. If price will stay around 300€ I can consider it.
>AMD shills shit on Intel for changing mobos every iteration but on Ebay right now there are a shitton of X370 boards and 1st gen Ryzen chips on ridiculous firesale prices
Isn't it placebo tho? Like, Zen+ is not even a full upgrade and still it works better on X470 and related new chipsets, so all in all isn't the same thing? Also the AMD Stock coolers are a good deal and everything, but who is gonna use them for overclocking anyway? I wouldn't trust anything less than Noctua for my CPU.

>For 100€ I get the intel 8700k equivalent of a Ryzen 2700x build, AND a noctua cooler, AND better ram compatibility AND better motherboard
What are you talking about? You don't even get the CPU alone for that price.

>Unless all the benchmarks are biased
What shitty benchmarks have you been looking at? Except for games, 2700x is ahead of 8700k at pretty much everything across the board.

Just go kill yourself intelshill.

I'm not a shill, but i am an AMD fanboy. I try to stay away from the others, because most of the die hard fanboys, who use time spamming online, are fucking autistic.

I wouldn't have tried to convince you to buy faildozer, i even advice against it to my friends and brothers, when they called to hear what AMD they should get, after hearing me praising AMD for years at that point. The 2500 from Intel was better for the Windows gaming environment back then

It's not the price for me, it's that AMD seems more pure. They're not without guilt, but they do not do the kind of shit Intel does. Many European simply can't accept what they have been punished for already, and what they're doing now. Paying of OEMs to use Intel exclusively, with success, even in the times 15 years ago where AMD was king of all charts, cheaper and way better. And then "supporting" developers to optimize per core performance. With the online logical explanation for this resource investment, being that they realized that AMD could be killed off as they focused on multi core early. And that almost happened. Weirdly enough, last month or so, Intel for the first time, started supporting multi core coding, as for some reason, now is the time.

On the CPU side, there's A LOT of undocumented instructions on Intel, also a handful on AMD, but a lot on Intel. See black hat conference videos, or google it online.

I thought that too. Guess he means €100 extra. However if it's literally €100 for an 8700k setup then this whole fucking thread is pointless.

>The 8700k is a dead platform, it will be replaced by the 9700k in June

i mean yeah i guess

but who buys a processor every gen?

High quality single PC streaming.and VM multitask.

For 100 euro? Doubt it.

Wrong. Skylake to kabylake was a rebrand. Pinnacle ridge has actual improvements in memory controller, caches, core frequency. Actually fuck you, how the fuck 10% summit to pinnacle ridge improvement is same as 0% skylake to kabylake improvement? Kabylake actually got downgraded, jewtel blocked bus overclock.

>that video
>it's probably shit
>oh wait it actually includes frametimes and frametime graphs
>cool, lets take a look at ryzen memed "smoothness"
>get pic related
top kek, not even their second gen cpu is more smooth than intel shit, god I still remember first ryzen launch
>its faster
>look it's not
>it has better minimuims
>no it doesn't here is proof
>well it Feeels smoother
>but it's not here is frametime graphs
>but the motherboard is cheaper
>but it's more RAM dependant and the cost of ram is far higher than the motherboards
I wonder what the next meme fallback will be.

Attached: Ryzen smoothness.jpg (1916x3244, 1.53M)

yeah 100€ more of course, my bad in the OP.

>housefire
>delidding
>poor cooling
>worse multitasking
>worse dx12

It's extremely close on gaming.
It does much better in Plex streaming.
Those are the two things I'm concerned with.
Combine that with the fact that those are 8700k @ 5ghz results makes it an easy choice.

>Combine that with the fact that those are 8700k @ 5ghz results makes it an easy choice.
>@ 5ghz
Literally too dumb to look at the picture or video. Is this literally how dumb amd shills are?

>one screenshot
Good goy, destroy those anti-semitic racist AMD fanboys!

>it's close enough
>plex streaming
> @ 5ghz

Attached: 1374255078920.png (535x479, 197K)

in that video the 8700k is stock and the 2700x is oc'd tho.
I get it with the philosophical aspect of the matter, it's like the Windows vs Linux in desktop experience, and I've always been a diehard Linux fanboy, so I completely got you and agree that Intel are a$$holes and don't deserve a dime. But, unlike Linux, AMD isn't free as in free beer, so, since I'm not that rich I can waste 600€ on a cpu+mobo+RAM combo, I'd like to choose wisely and purely based on the products themselves. My usage would be both developing and vmWork, light to heavy, and some light streaming and gaming in the free time aswell. It's been more than 10 years since my last desktop and I was stuck with laptops since now.

>in that video the 8700k is stock and the 2700x is oc'd tho.
They're both OC'd

>no, don't post the truth
>bend and lie to fuck over the opposition
>they are JEWS after all!
>there is no such thing as a bad method, there is only a bad target
God this is why I hate you shits. Being hypocrits and taking liberties with the truth because you don't like the other side is not okay.

>Processor Base Frequency
>3.70 GHz
>Max Turbo Frequency
>4.70 GHz
>intel CPU being at 4.4 is OC
>OC

>but it's @ 5GHZ!
>but it's still overclocked!

b-but it's a housefire!

If you ONLY game buy intel, else buy ryzen

reasons
>save 100 eurobux
>get better multithreaded performance
>implying noctua is intel only
noctua coolers support ryzen just as they support intel
>implying better ram compatibility
2700x and the rest of zen+ have solved ram issues
>implying better motherboard
Depends on which one you buy. intel motherboards are always more expensive though. so even more eurobux saved.

No meltdown spectre, no up to 50% iops cut, no scamm, more threads that are also cheaper, runs cooler, AM4 will hold strong to 2020, also with ryzen + same or better Performance then 8700k

I'm looking at the new ryzan for my next build because in my country is quite a bit cheaper then Intel's equithlent 8 core CPU.

I'm gonna wait for Intel's next release. If they release a chip that's better then the ryzan but only $100 more it would be worth it for me. But they sell theres for 300 extra here.

Also the 1080 is cheaper and better then the Vega series so I'll be getting that.

8700k is 100€ more? Get the 2700x then, easy.

Multiuser servers, data analysis, simulations

Please post with your trip so I can filter you again

8700k is hard to cool when ocing. Even at 1.3v it hits nearly 90 in stress testing with a cryorig h7. And everyone says it's pretty much typical. The Ryzen 2k series can be cooled with a cheap cooler like the h7 no problem and it has an upgrade path since am4 will be supported through 2020, meaning Zen 2 and possible a Zen 2+ will be options for you.

>I ever used a trip
baka

>watch video
>frametimes are mostly the same between CPUs
I can cherry-pick too, you dumb shill

Attached: gitgud.jpg (1920x8640, 3.02M)

Because they have better performance and even are few $ cheaper?

>they have better performance
but do they, really? Like in the real world outside the 5-10% gains in benchmarks? Are they used professionally? And are they the same as/slightly less on gaymen enviroments?

Kill yourself piece of shit jew

>I can cherry-pick too
Yeah and the assassins creed one and the hitman one are in ryzen favor.
The rest of them are exactly the same, so that's neither a win in intel or amds favor.
Add at least one more cherry pick that is in ryzen favor to balance it out.

>abloo abloo bloooooo
Nobody cares that you can't shill for AMD in a vacuum.

By buying Rtzen products you don't directly support Israel and the Jewish agenda. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

Also if you want to overclock it you don't have to invalidate your warranty to prevent it causing a house fire.

bad goy

>The 8700k is a dead platform, it will be replaced by the 9700k in June

Hold the fuck up, we already have a date? Where?

What is even the point of this thread? You seem to have your mind made up already.
>Better mobo
Literally what? This depends on which one you buy, it's not like Intel boards are inherently better.

>le r9 290 housefire
>le 7970 housefire
>le GTX280 housefire
>le any intel cpu with shit TIM between IHS and die housefire

Haha where'd you find this housefire meme?! XD

V I D E O
G A M E S

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: holy_shiiet.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

Buying a CPU now is fucking retarded anyway if you have a decent one that is less than a decade old. IPC has barely changed since Sandy Bridge and multi-core optimization for 4+ threads is still a joke.

It's only a bad deal because of DDR4 prices.
Otherwise a sandy bridge will need some 3 or 4 times the power draw to match a current CPU in performance, and that adds up in electricity bills.

>t. anime soyboy

>Soyboy

Attached: 1524253685983.jpg (295x378, 10K)

>t. just an animefag, not soyboy. It's important to point out.

This wasn't even me anyway. I was referring to your use of reddit buzzwords.

>t. redditor

>Except for games, 2700x is ahead of 8700k at pretty much everything across the board
>t. amd shill with no real proof rather than biased pseudo benches.

>supporting Kiketel
I will never buy from a company that actively circumvents competition. I support competition and open standards, it's best for the consumer in the long run.

Cause you like being second best

what motherboard should i get for the 2700x? i need help bros

Attached: 5.3-4200C16.png (1550x1154, 1.08M)

temps

Attached: 5.3-4000c16.jpg (1445x1122, 605K)

if you could find it in your heart to delet this i would greatly appreciate it

Attached: 1497689967244.jpg (638x599, 123K)

>can get up to 82% vs 47% on CPU usage
Doesn't this worry the Intelguys? 8 cores is where it's at.

If anything, this video just shows that save for one or two games, Ryzen goes toe-to-toes with 8700k. Even better, in most of those games Ryzen used less CPU than intel, which leaves more room for multitasking for things like voice chat and streaming.
Intel really should be scared. AMD released a CPU that can pretty much keep up with Intel and is much more affordable.

so how is the liquid metal and 360mm rad doing?

There are Intel documents that show that Coffee Lake will have an 8-core processor on a new Z390 motherboard, completely separate from the 10nm 8-core Icelake that Intel is scheduled to unleash next year

That Z390 board can be used for regular 6-core Coffee Lakes but not vice-versa

It has a June-July release date

The 2800X is also missing, they don't have to occupy a pricepoint that does not exist yet

That 8-core Coffee Lake will probably cost close to $400

Reason why they did not release the 8-core Coffee Lake last year? They're adding all their Meltmeme and Specmeme """patches""" so they decided to just cuck the 8700k users

So, how do you predict the 4xx or 5xx AM4 motherboards will compare to the 350B i have currently?

I heard some of the features in the new processors might be chipset dependent

>Doesn't this worry the Intelguys?
Their new tech won't be ready until 2020 or 22, what do you think they'll do in the meantime
>8 cores is where it's at.
Intel has been saying that you didn't need more than 4 cores for how long? We now know that they couldn't make more than 4 cores cpus without getting stupidly high powerdraw/temp and whatever else, they had to quickly shit out something to tide Zen's momentum last year but Amd's second volley created a few more holes into their defences and they know that they won't fare well next year if Zen 2 delivers on its promises.

>this shit again

>yfw 3600 with 8 cores at 5GHz next year
>yfw 3700 with 12 cores at 4.8GHz next year
>yfw 24 core TR might be possible next year

Attached: [Yahallo Intensifies].gif (320x180, 625K)

Kinda funny that AMD was right, adding moar cores is the answer if you have the right arch.

i bought ryzen. i like it.

Attached: DSC_0277.jpg (2304x1536, 1.83M)

Well, because you pay 100€ less for better CPU you numbnut.

Intel has a long history of anticompetitive practices. They literally paid OEMs off to use their tech only and paid vendors off to basically shit talk AMD in promotions.

And you're not "paranoid" enough to think they're above paying off reviewers to use pre-meltdown numbers on their charts? These cunts aren't even above submitting a meltdown fix pull request to the Linux kernel that gimps AMD as hard as them. The bastards don't even give a fuck about hiding their manipulations anymore.

Right arch, tooling and problem set.
See: GPUs

Buy AMD to spite intel

>spend $100 more on a worse processor just so you can annoy people on Jow Forums

There's a limit to retardation

Looks nice, but where does the PSU even go in that case?

Looks like it's tall enough for the psu to go under the mobo

you can already OC the 2700x to 5ghz now

its a cooler master haf xb. so its in the basement.

>evga 750
that's my old psu. it took a shit. so i replaced it with a seasonic foucs+ 750. as pointed out its a haf xb evo from cooler master.

Attached: DSC_0274.jpg (2304x1536, 1.84M)

You code and don't want shit compiling performance.

Attached: 97238.png (650x350, 39K)

Kill yourself piece of shit jew.

Asus x470

this cpu is fucking great for us consumers, the prices of cpus will drop and development will FINALLY start picking up again

But muh Pentium 4 "8700k edition"

Attached: 1492855909643.png (1228x1502, 944K)

7nm Zen probably H2 2019

Did you notice that the fps was almost the same while clock speed of Ryzen was lower? If you over clocked it, I bet it would have performed better

Zen+ has officially superior IPC than Intel, the only reason Intel wins is by bruteforcing niggahurtz just like with the Pentium 4.

It depends if you're gaming too. The Ryzen 7 2700X beats the Intel i7 8700k if you're streaming and CPU-encoding your video. The two additional cores really make a difference. How much does it matter? Well, the sensible thing to do would be to use your GPU to encode anyway. This does effect stream quality somewhat but you'll probably use the faster preset in OBS anyway so it's not that much of a difference.

I had no idea Chromium took like 1-2 hours to compile.

The Ryzen box is just way better looking and i intend on taking a selfie with it when it arrives and that's it really

Not all AMD fanboys are anti-semites, but all anti-semites are AMD fanboys.

youtube.com/watch?v=HIgveGhJYrc

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,5571-4.html

Our test rigs now include Meltdown And Spectre Variant 1 mitigations. Spectre Variant 2 requires both motherboard firmware/microcode and operating system patches. We have installed the operating system patches for Variant 2.

Today's performance measurements do not include Intel's motherboard firmware mitigations for Spectre Variant 2 though, as we've been waiting for AMD patches to level the playing field. Last week, AMD announced that it’s making the mitigations available to motherboard vendors and OEMs, which the company says should take time to appear in the wild. We checked MSI's website for firmware updates applicable to our X370 platforms when AMD made its announcement, but no new BIOSes were available (and still aren't).

Unfortunately, we were only made aware that Variant 2 mitigations are present in our X470 board's firmware just before launch, precluding us from re-testing the Intel platforms with patches applied. We're working on this now, and plan to post updated results in future reviews.

The lack of Spectre Variant 2 patches in our Intel results likely give the Core CPUs a slight advantage over AMD's patched platforms. But the performance difference should be minimal with modern processors.