Our coding company is a casual place with beer fridays and impromptu nerf battles

>our coding company is a casual place with beer fridays and impromptu nerf battles
Why is it to hard to find programming jobs that aren't shit?

Attached: tanya-the-evil-neutre.jpg (300x173, 17K)

>not being efficient enough at your job that you can afford to not have sweatshop working conditions
>"sorry user, but you haven't finished your work today...again....so you can stay here while we go have fun!"

>thinking this is the case
Fucking lol
They still have to stay their overnight because they didn't do shit all day. All startup garbage is like this, they do free overtime and live at their jobs. It's why they fail in less than a year. No discipline no talent, hacks.

You could always move to Japan if you want souless 80hr/week coding jobs with your boss physically hitting you

Attached: 1514829374292.png (1000x1412, 1.79M)

t. no talent no discipline retard posting on Jow Forums

Drinking beer isn't "fun". It's degenerate.

What's it like to have autism

But I actually have a job at a well established respected company

Go back to your goat fucking muslim shithole plz.

it is though, same for smoking

As a non smoker I can say - go to hell.
Only reason scum muslims have religious lavs agains drinking smoking gambling and allowing women to dress in something else than trashbags is because you are degenerate pieces of crap that can't controll themselves. Zero willpower and self controll. Without fear of being beheaded by imam for drinking/smokimg/gambling you all would drink yourselves to death.

I want to fuck that faggot until he breaks.

>As a turbofag I can say - i can't resist sucking dicks every minute.
ftfy
i shit on every religion, don't believe in heaven or hell but still believe in a non-magical god
i follow my own ethics you miserable piece of worthless shit, and i don't take pleasure in torture or killing innocents
but i will tell you to fuck off if you smell like shit or let you drown in a ditch filled with 3cm water because you're too drunk to get up

and funny how you mention muslims only, there are countless christfucks who would go full ape mode if they didn't believe in afterlife punishment

so suck my dick

You're not better for being teetotal. Just the roll of the dice. Your retardation allows you to justify your "decision" to be abstinence as a moral one. It's not, just your innate behaviour; you're not special.

Yes. But christians are much less animals. No raping of women in non trashbags, religion says nothing about drinking/smoking. They are much more advanced.
"muh my ethics. I will call degenerate everything I don't like" fuck off kid. And don't forget your moral high horse. No one is asking you to speak with people that "smell" or save drowning drunk. As long as smokers/drinkers are not hurting others you are just showing how full of shit you are when you call them degenerate.

oh so now you're going to tell me about specialties, pixie boy?
who said a goddamn thing about being better? you're delusional, and it's ironic how you go on calling me retarded and special, then you act all special as if you were above me

>Yes. But christians are much less animals.
religion was still a mistake regardless
and what do you care if i deem it smoking+drinking degenerate? what? are you going to cry now if i called you ugly?
of course no one is asking me to talk with smokers/drinkers faggot, but they have a tendency to be around me regardless even if i try to avoid them
>drinkers no hurting anyone
well holy shit, you know nothing of the outside world do you?

Sounds like my company desu

>i follow my own ethics you miserable piece of worthless shit
>but i will tell you to fuck off if you smell like shit or let you drown in a ditch filled with 3cm water because you're too drunk to get up
>countless christfucks who would go full ape mode if they didn't believe in afterlife punishment
My... what ethics you have. If I don't do psychotropic drugs or drink, I can be as decent as you are? I think you don't understand human behaviour. People kill because we're barely out of the jungle. There are only three reasons someone willingly engages in an act of homicide: in a fit of passion, for profit, or out of compulsion. The latter two cases are usually committed by "psychopaths" and "sociopaths," but the former can be regular people. However, most people won't result to violence on this level, most can control their emotions well enough. Morality is not a product of religion, but a product of society. Religion can influence society, but it's not the bedrock of morality. You should read the Social Contract if you want to know more.

Netapp?

>It's degenerate
>smokers/drinkers faggot, but they have a tendency to be around me regardless even if i try to avoid them
>then you act all special as if you were above me
You clearly have a disdain for people who enjoy drinking or taking drugs. You have superority complex. I wasn't saying I was better than you, I'm saying you're an idiot for thinking you are above it all. Do you have any critical thinking skills?

This user is based. Alcohol is far worse than even some illegal drugs (weed), but because it is so societally ingrained people won't admit that.
Alcohol is objectively bad for you, and the only people that drink it are degenerates or people that cannot deal with their lives and drink to forget. Neither case is particularly noble.

>If I don't do psychotropic drugs or drink, I can be as decent as you are?
for fuck's sake, i just told you what i don't like
i don't like sucking dicks, does that make me the next Stalin now? holy shit i have preference, what the fuck

i don't like those those who are under those effects and are in contact with me during that time
I don't care if you do it or not when you're not near me
and for the last fucking time, i don't have superiority complex, i don't think i'm better than you, i just don't want that shit around me
how does not letting you to take a shit on my face, and then declare that i didn't like that make me superior? like i said, you're delusional

It's not the beer drinking that's the problem you goons. It's that childish "fun" shit like "Beer Fridays" and Nerf are a huge red flag that the company is a bunch of unprofessional, immature children who don't understand that there's work to be done and all of this bullshit gets in the way of that. No one is going to want to use your company because when they see you playing with toys and getting intoxicated during work hours, it tells them that the job isn't your main priority. Additionally, they force this "fun and friends" shit on people regardless of their own preferences. Personally, I'm the kind of person who draws a hard line between my work and personal lives. Work is for work. I go in, get the job done, go home, THEN relax and have "fun." My coworkers are my coworkers. They're not my friends or even my acquaintances. I can already tell I wouldn't be popular at one of these places because I understand that a job requires something called "professional distance" or it falls apart and personal drama starts popping up and disrupting work.

sure you do champ

is this a copypasta

fucking pajeet
stop ruining software

> Alcohol is objectively bad for you
In quantity x at intervals y.

We are actually able to ingest and digest not tiny quantities of alcohol, though - even before brewing started to be a cultural thing. Might be an ability of our lineage for >10 million years now [not entirely clear - but what is clear is that we definitely can deal with and even make use of alcohol now].

it is now

Well, create your own company and be as antisocial as you want.

For most people it's not a source of content living if you are doing 12+ hours without any / without much social life and only very short breaks.

What you imagine to be "professional" is not matching reality BTW.
These companies do almost always get their job done, regardless if they're having some social life and fun.

>Alcohol culture
>Can't wait till friday haha
>Oh man I need a drink
>It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Why is this shit so depressing to watch? If the best your company has to offer is this sort of degeneracy, I want no part. They probably offer "unlimited" pto- the biggest meme ever.

>mfw 27 and already want to retire out of the shitty work rat race the US has
>mfw still fall for the Friday meme even though I don't do anything on the weekends

> I want no part.
Absolutely. Simply don't have any part in it. You can live your disciplined corporate life fantasy in your own company with people who can take it.

You can probably even religionfag it up with a lot of ceremony and structure with the religions that agree. [Going to guess that this is the source of your feels anyhow, but if isn't yet - it can be. Brilliant.]

Being a young fag who is an alcoholic, I still agree with this. I find my most fullfulling relationships are the ones with the older folk (30-45). They have much more interesting stories, and most importantly they aren't huge faggots like the younger folk. They're the type of relationships I can't have with my social peers. They have insights that I don't normally have access to.

Drinking at work is retarded, but team outings to a bar for lunch and a beer or two can really help team morale. Professional relationships don't need to be absolutely separated, but they can't be college dorm tier.

he was not saying you have to do 12+ with no breaks

i work in a startup as well and I hate when they think work=your life and you have nothing else besides being there.
I go in, do my job in 8ish hours and get the fuck out enjoying my life.
Learn to set boundaries and not getting cucked by your workplace. I like my colleagues and enjoy their company, but still.

> they can't be college dorm tier.
Depends on what tier your college dorms were.

If your college dorms are defined by peer pressure, harassment and so on, of course that's not gonna work. If some people are having fun in random not terribly dangerous ways as stress relief - why the fuck not?

Please spare me, you're going to make me bust out crying.

Remember there are real men that have to actually work, crying about actual perks is the most self indulgent bullshit I have ever heard.

Fuck all these worklife balance midlife crisis wanker workplaces with "bonuses" that are equal for all employees
I just want a fucking desk to hide behind while hacking for 10h+ per day because its fun and will let me move into fuck you money territory within 10-15 years

Team outings and getting to know your coworkers on a professional level is one thing. I'll be cordial and polite at work, of course, but I'm never going to give them more personal information than they absolutely need, nor am I going to "hang out" with them on the weekends or after work.

What's to dislike about it?

I had a beer at lunch in the sun today and generally the nerf wars don't happen that often. I unironically work for a startup that advertises having a beer fridge as work perk and having a laissez-faire system is very comfy and significantly different to heavy corporate places which is one of the reasons people leave their job in the first place.

Is there a reason you don't like startup culture or are you being a snowflake?

I meant during work hours, bossman buys everyone lunch and beer at a bar. We talk about tech advancements, movies, their kids, what they're doing to alleviate their tax burden, and their home countries. You can have interesting conversations without bringing up your political beliefs.

I was popping Molly with a black chick sucking my flaccid cock in a dorm bathroom. Don't think sexual relations with coworkers is desirable.

>12+ hour days
But I go back home after being in the office for ~8 hours. And that 8 hours includes lunch and other breaks along the day.

The bonuses are there to attract people who are in miserable marriages but they can't afford a divorce due to child support and alimony. If you can offer them an escape from their life and an excuse to stay at the office for 12 hours a day they're going to take it because it's better than being at home.

>with your boss physically hitting on you
ftfy

I said japan not san Francisco

having drinks after work on fridays is pretty standard where I live.

You can just ignore that shit, you know

Why does this arouse me

Priests raping kids are much less animals for sure user, keep believing that.
Jasenovac camp was another example of how a devote Catholic is much less animal than a Muslim apparently...
Oh and what about the 1994 civilian massacre in Uganda which, apparently, saw involvement of local priests and nuns?
The 1860 massacre of Hawaiian natives perpetrated almost solely by a Catholic Reverend?
Please tell me again how Christians are much more civilized than Muslim now...

Do you work there?

Nope, but I know some people that do. Friday afternoons are no work, fuck off drink/eat/play time.

they tend to have layoff and hiring cycles though.

I work there too and I disagree with the picture portrayed by your friends.
Friday afternoon, at least in my department and location is normal working time.
I do agree on the layoff/hiring cycles thing, it always annoyed me really badly bit luckily I was never touched by it as it seems to be more of an American thing.

>wah beer is degenerate
>wah everything is degenerate
Let me guess, you want to live a totally sterile life and marry a blonde Aryan woman, and have sex in the missionary position exclusively for the purpose of reproduction so as to please Jesus Christ and the fuhrer?

But that's not how it's going down, is it? You're in your mum's basement browsing Jow Forums, pining for programming jobs that you can't get because you have no people skills. You imagine that they're the degenerates, and they just don't understand that inhibitions are what makes you a good person. You imagine yourself as the ubermensch when you're actually the opposite. These aren't inhibitions to uphold your moral status, they're insecurities you have from not fitting in throughout your development and now your adult life. That Aryan waifu of yours is getting dicked by Chad Thundercock right now. You won't have beautiful blonde ubermensch kids. You won't deus vult and remove kebab. And you won't lead a fulfilling life.

Go outside.

Attached: Hitler-stupid-smiling-276417.jpg (590x525, 46K)

>Let me guess, you want to live a totally sterile life and marry a blonde Aryan woman, and have sex in the missionary position exclusively for the purpose of reproduction so as to please Jesus Christ and the fuhrer?
I'm actually lmaoed, because Germanoids who invented muh Aryan meme had the cultured that ADORED beer drinking.

t. triggered leftist

I got the feeling it needs a Muslim or $other_sect Christian variant, rather than Full Catholic: Hitler Edition.

But I agree.

Just about the whole of Europe likes beer since some time after the fall of the Roman empire, even if some places like wine or spirits more. It's also why Europe has traditional yeasted breads all over the place. It also predates muh Aryan maymay with like Egypt and Sumeria and so on brewing beer in large quantities earlier.

Never mind we came here from regarding alcohol as "not srs", so really, wine and spirits don't help & almost everyone primarily involved with or against the old WW2 nazis were pretty srs alcohol drinkers.

My office has a cafe with beer on tap, and we order out to lunch everyday for the whole office. We also allow dogs, so there’s always 4 or 5 of them running around. There’s a ‘wellness’ room, and a number of places to go to escape normal office hijinks

We’re one of, if not the most successful operations in our field, as recognized by Forrester. So we’ve gotta be doing something right, I dunno