So, how do you protect your data against something like this?

So, how do you protect your data against something like this?
arxiv.org/abs/1804.04014

Attached: pits.png (1273x891, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/3-540-48405-1_25.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Use a UPS dummy.

bump

Attached: 0b2939a1bde06046b7550e72ac5d7d64.jpg (800x1199, 183K)

It's complete and utter horseshit.

Would you mind expounding on why you think that?

Attached: 5ba0af719160feb004d5260ab3db82bc.gif (320x240, 1.47M)

>Yuval Elovici

Attached: rubhands.png (382x381, 51K)

>care to disprove ridiculous claims?
No, not really.

Amazing... I just have to say this user. I clicked because of the OP pick. And it is amazing.

I don't mean amazing, like how the idiots use the word today. I mean I was taken away by that pick for a few seconds.
[ adjective
causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.]
My emotions when I laid my eyes on this pick, are as follows
Awe inducing,
Shock,
A little nice feeling in my tummy wummy
I couldn't even fap to this. This is something else. Who is this maiden? WHY AM I SO ATTRACTED TO THIS RANDOM OP IMAGE?

I need answers!

>tfw she will never shove her pits in my face and grind her bush on my benis after she has completed a long workout

why live

read the thread you mook

The only accurate post in this thread. Basically, the OP paper says this:

>If you *already* have compromised a computer
>And you need to exfiltrate data from said computer
>And for some reason you can't just exfiltrate data using the same fucking way you compromised it
>And the user of the computer won't notice an odd program execution pattern that lasts as long as it takes for you to copy data at 1000 *bits* per second
>And you can hide a power line monitor somewhere close to your target computer
>THEN you can potentially transfer data 1-way using a power line

So basically it's a pointless attack stacked on top of tons of bullshit assumptions. There are a billion better ways to extract data from computers. I mean, you can exploit a computer, and install a power-line monitor nearby, but the only way you can transfer data is over a power line? And this is supposed to be "covert"?

This kind of shit is why Linus calls security people whores.

Basically, this may be a cool toy project, but from a security standpoint it's more along the lines of 'no fucking shit, sherlock'. Like damn! I can send morse code to somebody reading my home power meter by starting and stopping a bitcoin miner! Why doesn't intel care about this vulnerability!

! C U T E !

sauce user

It was already posted, but a mod deleted it.

:^(

Mod plz...

>armpit hair
disgusting

AC/DC to DC/DC UPS.
Wouldn't turn on my computers without it.

>how do you protect your data against something like this?
I don't, because I don't have an airgapped computer, and the attack requires my machine to be already compromised to work.

Thank you very much, brave soldier!

Fixed

Attached: d5711e4a7263e1238312ebc0c84cc3f4.jpg (707x1000, 111K)

unshaved armpits are disgusting

somehow this triggers janny to delete it over and over again. so jannies don't like hair.

Attached: Harper.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

it's a worksafe board you mongoloid.

>anything on this site
>worksafe
Nigga please

Attached: 1521597634131.jpg (340x296, 32K)

no u

soy

>I like masculine women
YOU are soy.

>Negev
how can someone live in a gun

faggot

I mean if the malware was detected but they wanted to recover data, so they keep it powered on, then it could be useful. If you had access to the power lines

Correct.

Gay as fuck.

>airgapped computer
>need to compromise it first
What you do is you have security protocols in place so that no one is plugging dropped USB drives into your airgapped systems.

Thought of another thing to add to this, making the entire concept even more bullshit. Extracting data from computers using power lines has been a thing since fucking forever in security research.

For example, here's a paper from 1999, where an attacker uses power consumption as a side-channel to read encryption keys: link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/3-540-48405-1_25.pdf

Given that this was from 20 damn years ago, it's insane that somehow an *easier* attack where you're intentionally running code on the target computer is somehow worth talking about. And yet the "tech" media is eating this shit up, because they know jack shit about security.

why are you browsing Jow Forums on work? do you want to get fired, cuck?

Dammit dude, you don't just call someone with trips a cuck.

test

I knew what this link was before I opened it.

desert

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

fucking fag