Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with

Attached: sfw01.jpg (190x250, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide
askubuntu.com/a/566381
flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16833166127?SID=aab99ada44c011e8b2b176a70f53cfb20INT&AID=10446076&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=4485850&SID=aab99ada44c011e8b2b176a70f53cfb20INT&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Slickdeals LLC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just bought a new smart tv and trying to get it to connect to my shared folders on pc but i only get a endless searching ring. have had no problems beforewhen using tablet so unsure whats going on now

I want to make use of a private api from a mobile app on a personal project im working on.

Is there a way to inspect the http requests made from a mobile device like you can with the developer tools on a web browser? It's not my own app so I can't run a debugger.

Maybe there is a thread general I'm missing or something, but how do I go about learning how to make mobile apps?

I'm looking into get into unity and make simple indie games and other stuff. What's a good way to go with this? Any resources to share? Advice for a begginner?

hey senpai,

when I plug a graphics card into my mother board and start up a game there is a fast somewhat quite clicking sound. It only happens when graphics actually start being rendered on the screen. We tried swapping the cards out for a different card. When we loaded a gtx 980 the clicking sound became louder, the previous card was a smaller amd xfx card which consumes less power than the gtx 980, this is extremely concerning because it suggests that the sound could be coming from a tiny electric arching somewhere on the board(its a fast faint popping sound, sounds almost like a super quite taser). This theory would make sense because the larger card, which uses more power, would make a louder sound. My friend said this could potentially be a fatal problem for hardware on the board. Perhaps one of the pins on the pcie bus could be slightly damaged and shorting?

Has anyone had any experience with something like this? How would I go about trouble shooting this issue? Would it be a good idea to get brand new mobo just to be safe?

Follow unity...

how do I fix this shit? I need to mount my ntfs windows drive for backup purposes but arch live cd complains (same error on a working arch with ntfs-3g installed)

Attached: IMG_20180420_174044.jpg (4160x3120, 1.64M)

gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide

>more people are using XP than Vista or 8
>more people are using Vista than 8

How is this possible? How did MS botch not just one, but TWO operating systems?

Attached: 1515385626913.png (478x474, 332K)

Well, do you actually have fast restart enabled? It's on by default.

Can you not fucking read?

mount -t ntfs -o rw /dev/sda1 archive

I have never seen someone mount a drive like this. Try mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdXY

What's the point of this thread if nobody answers them anyway?

Why does Jow Forums X periodically forget posts I've made, as well as losing my last place in a thread?

That wont do anything, he didnt shut down windows properly and it has left over files preventing it from being mounted safely

Is there a way to get image hover to go to the right instead of following cursor, like how it works in the inline extension, in Jow Forums X or a separate script for it?

I shut down my pc so there should be no issue
sink in my cum nigger if im askin here is because I already tried whats on the screen
nope
im a special kid. also try tipying mount and tabbing to see the fast mount options

i fixed the error with this askubuntu.com/a/566381

your question is probably not stupid enough or too complicated for the average minors who browse this shithole

try looking into your 4chanx settings your posts and threads are stored in its json config so the problem is there

>I shut down my pc so there should be no issue
Well, a normal shutdown is a fast shutdown, basically a fancy hibernate.
You need to disable "Fast shutdown" in the power options to do a proper shutdown.

>try looking into your 4chanx settings your posts and threads are stored in its json config so the problem is there
it should be working, shouldn't it?

Attached: ag.png (916x345, 46K)

How do I simply install a snes emulator on my Raspberry Pi without having to turn it into a dedicated emulator machine? I use it to control a CNC router via Universal G Code Sender and would like to be able to play a few games while I'm at the shop and not doing anything else. Every guide out there on the internet requires you to download and compile a hundred different packages and in the end there isn't anything I can just click, run and load Sega Master System roms.

Attached: not my router.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

why doesn't the auto-refresh not work for me?

Reposting from the last thread

I can't access the internet on my windows 7 computer. In the network and sharing center it says the dependency service or group failed to start, and when I try troubleshooting it it says windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy setting. In the change adapter settings I can't see any of my network adapters. How can I fix this?

go into your hardware manager and check if your ethernet or wireless adapter ar disabled or missing drivers

did you try apt-cache search snes emulator? assiming you are using raspbian

make a backup of your current settings, reset them and delete your Jow Forums cookies (don't remember if 4chanx messes with them but you do that just in case) and see if it happens again with vanilla settings

Let me try that

Is there any way to stop apps(or only clover) from stopping my music when a video plays?

ntfsfix /dev/sda1

thanks wizard I fixed with that already but still

Having a problem when clicking on webms on Jow Forums, where I get a crazy quilt of moving colors before it settles down and plays normally after that. FF Quantum 59.0.2.

>stuff like the web version of whatsapp or lastpass don't stay logged in
>everything else stays logged in, so cookies aren't deleted or anything
>apparently if i make a new firefox profile stuff actually works
>migrating all my shit to a new profile would be quite a bother
anyone might know if there's an about:config option that might be causing this?

Attached: file.png (500x281, 292K)

They're enabled in my device manager and they have drivers installed

Try disabling all addons if you have any. If it works then try enabling them one by one again.
If you don't have any addons then maybe you set some other setting.
These sites probably store their login info in localStorage and not in cookies anymore, so there's a start to look for something that disables that.

i did try to disable addons, but no dice.
i DID have a full 350MB cache, clearing it seems like it fixed whatsapp, but not lastpass.

can't find any obvious option that might disable localstorage

My music is only playing on windows media player, tried on itunes and aimp and neither worked, the fuck is this?

turn on file extension and post a screen of the music folder

did they change the auto-refresh? it doesn't refresh when it reaches 0 and it starts at 10 every time i go on the tab

Friend of mine is selling his reference GTX 780 Ti, faulty, saying "fan spins, geforce logo lights up, but no video". I'm on a GTX 660, so it would be a lot better, and cheaper than what I bought this card for, so I'm genuinely considering it.
I have 2 main questions, really.
>would it be worth buying to try and fix?
>how would I fix it if it's even worth? (without the card in hand, I can't say the symptoms)

Shit, I forgot to say it's $50 USD, if that helps.

does your smarttv do any kind of apps? if so then look into plex

fifty bucks for a busted vidya card? nope on outta there. besides if it's fucked and he's your friend he should be offering it to you for free not trying to make a buck off ya

Is this wireless card decent for gaming?

flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16833166127?SID=aab99ada44c011e8b2b176a70f53cfb20INT&AID=10446076&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=4485850&SID=aab99ada44c011e8b2b176a70f53cfb20INT&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Slickdeals LLC

what is the green on this rca?

Attached: IMG_20180420_193352.jpg (3456x4608, 2.62M)

Yeah, fair point. I mentioned that I'm not keen on paying for a dead card, and he understands. Told me I can have it for free, but if it works (and he'll come over in a few days to check it), I just owe him a couple beers. Can keep it if it doesn't work. Whether it works or not, I'd be honest with him so as to not be an asshole.
Good arrangement? If it doesn't work, I at least have a good-looking paper weight, I suppose?

sounds good

No, it has been like that long time ago.
It is a neat feature to avoid reaching very high refresh rates (10 then 15 then 30..etc)
It does refresh though.

probably video
possibly some kind of antennae hookup

seeing as they cable and plug type is different i wouldn't be surprised if its for some weird proprietary shit. whats the other end of the cable look like?

idk it doesn't look like ground to me

Attached: IMG_20180420_194854.jpg (3456x4608, 2.68M)

>Have two computers. One with an i3 4150 and one with a Xeon 1220 V3
>I want to swap these and use the xeon in a Dell Vostro 3900 MoBo
>According to Dell it only supports up to an i7

But they both use the same socket and chipset with the same bus speed so why couldn't I do this?

>pic unrelated

Attached: 20180409_002109.jpg (640x473, 95K)

Maybe dual mono for a subwoofer or something?

pretty sure its ground
the amp that turntable was sold with probably had a port for it. makes sense cause the wire is flimsy. a plug is just more user friendly/luxurious than a screw and horseshoe

it would be easy to find out for sure if you have a multimeter

Attached: 1369321606_19[1].jpg (1000x709, 209K)

> is wireless decent for gaming
No.

I know but I don't get a choice where I live. Im only using it to connect to. A hotspot on my phone so I can play games my campus has the ports blocked for.

Nobody will add Xeons to standard motherboard specifications even if they work.

Wired is always better, but since this supports ac you could potentially get up to 70mbps without any obstacles in the way. Probably only see about 50mbps depending on your internet. I would say it's decent but not ideal v wired

it doesn't refresh for me, that's my problem, even if i disable the extensions in chrome or use IE

would be cool I'll check more if I get ahold of a comfier computer when I'm home tomorrow hoped someone knew

time to wait till I can go home then to find out thanks for the help

Trying to install pcsx2 on ubuntu but i keep getting this error when adding the ppa

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pcsx2:i386 : Depends: libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 (>= 2.0.4) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

how can i install this. trying to play some pic related

Attached: Kingdom_Hearts_II_(PS2).jpg (220x310, 27K)

Kind of what I figured. Also does thermal compound matter? (PCG2013D for xeon vs 2013C for the i3)

>forgive my ignorance I've never actually done this before but it seems simple enough

No.
It will work, but you wont have a IGPU since Xeons lack a IGPU, so i hope you have a GPU in your computer or you wont have video.

Im aware I try to wire but it's just not possible for some games here

Im playing with a very old mobo
According to its BIOS it doesnt support AHCI, will it be a able to run newer OS?

Hey. I've got to make a program to manage classrooms for lectures/seminars/whatever in an university. By manage I mean create a timetable for it where I can manually add new classes for certain time frames in certain rooms and have it auto fill in dynamically after I've already placed a few. I haven't even started yet so this sounds vague, but I assume I'll need a database(MySQL) and I'll need to make a program to actually do everything. I was wondering if Python would be suitable. I'm just asking if it's possible to do it like this.
English isn't my native language so if anything doesn't make sense ask me to clarify. I'm also dumb as a brick and barely know any programming, data structures with pointers in C++ is super tough shit to me.

>libsdl2-2.0-0:i386
sudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386

Yes, but only in MBR mode and good luck using a SSD on it.

Okay, right. I have a GPU coming tomorrow. So, I should install the drivers and that card first before changing the CPU or I'll have zero video output?

You dont need drivers to use a GPU, it will work at a small resolution but enough to let you install your GPU drivers.

Also i hope you know you might have to reinstall windows since windows doesn't like hardware changes.

>sudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libsdl2-dev : Depends: libsdl2-2.0-0 (= 2.0.8+1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

i don't want to make long shitty posts but this reaaly confuses me

Im not that user but:
You can install video drivers after you change the card.
CPU is finnicky if it's a different brand, might be easier to clean install Windows.

Gotcha. I do have a copy of windows with a product key. I've literally never done anything more than change HDDs or RAM on a computer so this is all new to me.

yeah, that looked like it fixed it.
I wonder how it broke in the first place. weird.

Thanks
It shouldnt be a problem to use a SSD on it, since IDE should support all storage devices, just slower speeds
Im just toying with it, Im gonna try hot plugging while running Lubuntu next

Try doing apt-get update && apt-get upgrade first, then install all dependencies until there's not one left.

Just a heads up, you can also buy windows keys for fucking dirt on eBay (less than 5 bucks) and they do work and are legit.

So even if it fucks up, don't buy windows at full price.

You are going from a 4th gen CPU to another 4th gen CPU so it might work right away.
Still its up to your windows install if it likes the change or not.

Just change CPUs, remember to clean the old paste with something like isopropyl alcohol and put new paste (A tube of MX-4 is like $5).
Then put your GPU and boot into windows for testing, then install the GPU drivers.

He can always pirate it for free though.

I have a legit key and everything

I suppose if it doesn't work and I want to leave it alone, I can just put it back.

Is there any way to gain access to beta android apps without having to join their dumb Google plus group?

Is there a way to text from my android phone via my PC? I know Apple has it for macbooks, but have never really looked into it and the google results gave me a bunch of sketchy shit that I don't want to blindly download.

I'm trying to upgrade a laptop from Win10 to Win7, but I'm having trouble booting the installation flashdrive.

I backed up the data I wanted, used a flash drive with ubuntu on it to format the drive in Gparted and then zero-filled it, but when I start it up with a Win7 flash drive, it won't boot the Win7 installation. It just goes into this bullshit "preparing automatic repair" then "diagnosing your PC" mode and then brings me to a screen like pic related.

I've used this particular flash drive to install Win7 on this computer I'm typing this post on without the slightest bit of a problem, but on this newer computer (the one I'm having trouble with) it won't boot. How do I get past this obnoxious "helpful" "repair your PC" shit and just boot the drive with Win7?

Attached: IMG_19700301_091316.jpg (2592x1944, 925K)

Where do all the saved files go when a computer dies?

Attached: 1513694407029.jpg (540x416, 58K)

so you're using the 3g/4g on your phone i presume? just plug it in with the usb cable and turn on tethering

wrong reply

How do I find out the size of an HTTP head request and the response?

Our heart

damn

Attached: 1513796714916.png (800x527, 377K)

Can I use Gentoo or emacs to revive avicci?

illiterate here

is pic related 6gb/s? just like a "regular" ssd? (the that uses sata cables)

Attached: wds120g1g0b2.jpg (750x650, 79K)

when I use Google DNS, images and javascript on some websites stop loading (e.g. myanimelist).
Switch back to my ISP's DNS server, everything starts working.

Is Google to blame?

Yes.
WD Green and Blue SSDs are SATA with m.2 form factor
WD Black SSD is NVME with m.2 form factor.

thanks, i almost buy that thinking it was better

i don't know, but why the fuck would you willingly use the botnet's DNS

did you also mail your birth certificate to their HQ?

So a little while back I installed a new motherboard but now Windows 7 is no longer "activated". I kind of procrastinated but now I have three days to activate my Windows 7 Professional Product Key. I have no interest in paying money, although some sites do claim to sell the keys I need for like ten bucks, I don't quite trust them (unless someone can confirm they're legit). Microsoft help is of course extremely unhelpful, because they keep pushing for Windows 10 and I don't want that. There's still instructions saying I could activate W7 by phone, but there's no phone number to be found anywhere. I've tried various guides and product keys I find online but they don't seem to work.

How do I activate this crap without paying? If I have to pay, is there a reliable site that sells what I want? I've heard that deleting SLUI can deactivate the deactivation thing, but apparently that also disables other features in the taskbar I want or something.

Attached: win_7_pro.jpg (450x450, 21K)

> why the fuck would you willingly use the botnet's DNS
Well, let's take at the choice I have: a "botnet" GoogleDNS, a bunch of memeDNS I know nothing about and a DNS server provided by the ISP, pressured by a semi-authoritarian state into blocking shit.

so i'm still buying cheap, i just want an ssd
what do you think it's better?
>kingston 120gb A400
>kingston 120gb UV400
>wd green 120gb

Attached: 1473242182311.jpg (960x758, 146K)

unbound + dnscrypt

How good do I have to get at programming to get a job?

Attached: 1523124191131.jpg (749x744, 59K)

This is a pretty stupid question, could someone link me the last thread.

What's the best major email service to signup without giving phone numbers?

Attached: avatar_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

how do I hide an element but not its pseudo class? say I have a div with display:none but I want the div::before to show. how can I do that? using display:block for the pseudo class didn't work

cock mail