ReactOS is comfy

ReactOS is comfy.

Attached: Comfy.png (1360x768, 170K)

so comfy that it continues to stay unusable. install it as your main os then tell me it's comfy again, nigger

Russian botnet.

fuck off

It is.
This is true though.
Thanks ms shills.

install gentoo

Looks like shit

can you even install it somewhere besides a VM?
If you are running win32s in a VM ReactOS is really good and can actually run just about anything. It is also faster to install and boot than a pirated XP or 7

Yes user an abortion of linux and windows 98 is comfy.

Comfy but still in its early development stages. Things are speeding up though and it looks promising as a replacement for Windows 2000-XP, and maybe Windows 7 if their 64-bit port matures and gets some drivers.

You can change the theme.

It isn't using the Linux kernel or any GNU software it the base system, nor is it related to Windows 98 at all. Windows 98 was DOS based, whereas React OS is a clone of Windows 2003. It uses an open source clone of the NT kernel, which is a hybrid kernel (modular like a microkernel, but with a more tightly defined kernel space where all kernel components run). React OS is a binary compatible with win32, which means it runs 32-bit Windows apps natively.

React OS is Windows in every single way except for name and licencing. It's been made by the devs picking apart Windows and rewriting it from scratch.

So it's like Windows, but somehow more shit...

It's also more secure than XP, since it's actively developed. As far as real hardware goes, I've got it to install on a ThinkPad T40 and R60. Everything worked on the T40 but the R60 didn't have proper display drivers, and the ATI driver package for XP didn't work. These were the results as of two days ago with a React OS 0.4.8 boot CD.

It's better than Windows, and will eventually replace it for all legacy win32 software.

>It's been made by the devs picking apart Windows and rewriting it from scratch.
Why anyone would bother rewriting such a failed abortion of an operating system is beyond me

Why not just use Wine?

Software compatibility first and foremost. You also get much better security since it's being updated still, and new driver support can always be added. It's open source meaning it will never become abandonware as long as someone develops it. The underlying design of the NT kernel isn't actually that bad. It's better than monolithic designs like Linux, and not as half assed as XNU.

Why wouldn't you want an open source GPL version of Windows? Seems great to me, especially for older hardware.

This supports most of the same stuff WINE does, except it has the added advantage of being it's own independent system. It'll work well on any old XP toaster, giving you all the legacy compatibility you'd ever want. It also doesn't use Gnome or systemd, which is an automatic plus. This can also be ported to non-x86 platforms like ARM or PowerPC.

>Trusting M$ security
>Trusting M$ clone by anonymous devs security
No correct answers

>trusting the 1 million plus lines of spaghetti code in systemd
The devs are not anonymous. You're free to audit the React OS code as you please, since it's FOSS released under the GPLv3. It's plenty secure since it's written from scratch with care.

In fact, there was a point when actual Windows code was used in React OS so the community audited the entire source to pull it out and do a rewrite. There is no Microsoft code in React OS.

does sublime text and xampp work on it? i might really switch if it does

fuck it does, even nodejs works, okay guys cya

Post ReactOS rices

Attached: Screeny.png (1163x864, 1.08M)

They need to improve Windows NT 6.X support.

>got it to install
pretty good if you think about it, since some distros drop 32 bit releases, by the time it's usable and if even debian removes 32 bit you'll could put that instead

if "comfy" is the only word someone can use to describe something, it's not actually comfortable, it's usually something shitty that the person shilling it only likes because it appeals to nostalgia

ReactOS has a 64-bit version in development too.

It really whips the llama's ass

t. uncomfy fag

Attached: comfy conor.jpg (663x537, 26K)

I installed ReactOS on a Core2Quad computer like 4 years ago and it was fairly stable. At that point it couldn't really run any programs besides notepad and maybe Firefox, but it was neat.

For what purpose?

Yo the NT kernel is solid. 90% of Window's problems come from an obsession with backwards compatibility in userspace.

*sheep noises*

Yes. It booted for me on a Dell Pentium III.