Why do people use Xfeces over literally any other low spec option?

Why do people use Xfeces over literally any other low spec option?

Attached: rats.jpg (735x735, 58K)

it just werks

It's the Arch of DEs. Works on almost any and every machine, minimal installation, and can be configured and expanded to your heart's content.

works better than LXDE:
>never crashes
>lots of great themes
>works on any system, anything, even a raspberry pi
>has a cool logo

Nigger what are you smoking

Thunar and xfwm can't even use bitmap fonts without shitting themselves every minute

Maybe if you stopped ricing like a little weeb faggot you'd realize that xfce4 isn't for people like you.

>never crashes
Thunar had a pretty bad bug recently that took forever to get downstream.

Because it's a full featured desktop that runs well on half a gig of RAM. It's great for toasters and has been ported to every platform, and it just works. I've never had a problem with it.

Works on my machine.

Attached: 73e.jpg (220x274, 21K)

>Runs on anything
>Unless you do anything I don't like
The absolute state of mousefags

>most stable desktop
>most configurable desktop
>fast as fuck
>decently light

Better question is why should I use anything else. It's perfect.

It's easy to customize the look and feel and always works. I've never really considered the fact that it's a "low spec option".
I use it on both my desktop and laptop because it's simply the best DE

this does not describe arch; spot on for xfce tho

I use bitmap fonts with xfce daily and don't have any problems.

Maybe is something else on your setup.

I use feces over a decade.
I added nemo instead of thunar and terminator instead of xfce4-terminal. I use yakuake on top of that.
Small meme footprint, no lag no spying small cpu usage

They like it.

With XFCE you get low resource consumption and also features and configurability

Everything lighter suffers from poor usability, everything mildly heavier is either more unstable or lacks customization. It's the perfect balance.

just to make fuckers like you upset

it's the only decent DE right now. Their migration to Qt is coming soon, so brace yourself.

It does describe arch

>MATE
less customizable than XFCE.
no good windows 95 theme for it.
>LXQT
customization is a mess
ugly flat windows 10 design
>i3
I've had a number of crashes under i3
Opening a new window fucks up your layout
>anything else
you save 100MiB in exchange for having your desktop being a pain in the ass to use. Wow, amazing value.

>It's the Arch of DEs.
you mean debian

no

>>lots of great themes
>all of them garbage
nothing works better than lxde

>lxde

a good alternative if you run on 128mib ram. maybe you want something with more usability and tweaking options if you have a pc which was build after 2003 though

My grandmother had an island when I was a boy. Nothing to boast of. You could walk along it in an hour. But still, it was - it was a paradise for us. One summer, we came for a visit and discovered the whole place had been infested with rats. They'd come on a fishing boat and had gorged themselves on coconut. So how do you get rats off an island, hmm? My grandmother showed me. We buried an oil drum, and hinged the lid. Then we wired coconut to the lid as bait. The rats come for the coconut, and... They fall into the drum, and after a month, you've trapped all the rats. But what did you do then? Throw the drum into the ocean? Burn it? No. You just leave it. And they begin to get hungry, then one by one... They start eating each other, until there are only two left. The two survivors. And then what - do you kill them? No. You take them, and release them into the trees. Only now, they don't eat coconut anymore. Now they will only eat rat. You have changed their nature. The two survivors; this is what she made us.

Attached: Silva.png (799x799, 1.13M)

no i don't

It just werks and its similar to windows that everyone knows how to use it.

Because they deprecated lxde in favor of that lxqt abortion.

Because it's great.

>all of them garbage
See: ChaletOS, ZorinOS

Because its the lightest DE worth using. Anything lighter than that and you might as well use a standalone WM.

>Arch
>minimal
who's got the pasta?

I’ve honestly never had i3 crash on me. I believe you, but it’s so simplistic I can’t see this as a common occurance. What distro were you running at the time?