Google listens to microphones?

youtu.be/zBnDWSvaQ1I
Please tell me this is fake.

Attached: 6e89761c75fdcbc093e0e14d6a128d2fdf11a655ed945719b43b49edf4f5e28c.jpg (640x737, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/vPjEh
myactivity.google.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codec_2
myactivity.google.com/myactivity?restrict=vaa&hl=en-GB&utm_source=udc&utm_medium=r&utm_campaign=
youtube.com/watch?v=WRzm7wrk_FA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Please tell me this is fake.
this is fake.
It's probably true, though.

google spies on you?????? omg i have to tell people on facebook about this!!!!

I tried it out myself and it worked, only difference is that it they started showing up the next day. It's scary as hell man

Attached: 4ae.jpg (800x900, 40K)

I think they listen to audio output too. I've noticed stuff auto completing when I search something that I just heard about and that normally wouldn't autocomplete in the first letters of the first word. This especially happens from audio from youtube (duh).

Google may just know that you just watched a youtube video since they own youtube. Here's the connection.

Can't find a connection here tho.

Fire up Wireshark and check for yourself, you fucking nept little shit

Rude

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
jk we had no reason to really doubt this
fuck goolag

not funny

google.com definitely listens because even on any computer you can say "ok google" and the site will respond.

Don't you have to allow microphone first?

using chrome
privacy
>pick one

firefucks here and can confirm this is not habbening to me

oh you

This
Video must be fake

I was listening to a song that referenced Bukowski. I have never looked him up before. But while the song was playing locally offline, I just typed B into Google and it suggested Bukowski. They definitely monitor more than they should be allowed to.

He did close the browser before talking tho.

Must be windows listening.

Bait? What do you think "giving permission" actually does, realistically?

It probably is
No account or device info
No logging
No proof of real time/ture footage, for example you don't see his hands all the time, he could search for dog food on his phone and then it gets displayed on the PC
We need someone doing a better test with more evidence and information
I think though Google is provingly tracking almost everything, they wouldn't go that far.
yet...

We do know that they store every recording, they're dead honest about it. You can even play back the recording at myactivity. But they most likely don't use it for ads yet

What the actual fuck

turnoff your adblockers and see the ads. Results might just shock you

If you used the Google Voice Search or Assistant on your phones once, go to myactivity.google.com and filter for "voice and audio"

it's both creepy and funny
I can go all the way back to High School where I accidentally tapped on the voice button, I can even hear my classmates talking in the background

okay now it's starting to get creepy even when I didn't say anything it still recorded around 10 second every time I hit the button. Going years and years back, hearing old voice of people that are no more
it this the true late stage Botnet experience?
Nothing prevents them for using it for ads one day, it even creates transcripts for the thing I said

Attached: cate.jpg (225x225, 4K)

You just made me check again my google account. I disabled everything years ago when I first connected my first botnetphone and there's info about fucking everything for the first weeks, when I opened every app, connected headphones and shit. That shit wasn't there last time I checked, goddamn fucking botnet

sorry for making a Blog here, but I'm fascinated and creeped out at the same time
It connects the locations from Google Maps and the Photos from Google Photos, tags faces, sorts these faces by time and place and even assumes age and gender. When I tap at a place on Google Maps it says "you created these pictures here, is this correct?".
Photos and Maps just melted together, how long until it all comes together to one giant profile, gathered from multiple accounts and photos?

it alreadx is, but we just dont see it in the frontend. backends 99.9% all ready and already working. I mean, the other day I tried out gboard keayboard and was talking about getting glasses. Sure enough, an ad popped out the same afternoon I had that convo.

Google engineers must be a bunch of math-defying niggers if they manage to transfer voice data (be it raw or preprocessed) from my phone when
a) no spikes in bandwidth when talking (only with voice control enabled) reported by both phone and router
b) no spikes in cpu utilization when talking (only with voice control enabled)
Summa summarum, Jewgle seems to only listen when you allow (or rather when you don't explicitly forbid) it to. The ads didn't work for me and i tried it several times today (since Jewtube was really adamant about me watching that video).
Old news. Jewgle was doing this years ago, i opted in for the program where it took your photos and tagged a place. Jewgle also asks if the photo i take when nearby (actually in these days, so the accuracy improved) some place like restaurant was taken there.

Yeah, they're really not making a secret about the keylogger
I didn't listen to you Jow Forumsuys and now I pay the price
I use Google for almost everything, storage, photos, keyboard, notes, maps, music and whatnot
With the "limited" info I see on the frontend I can basically reconstruct my entire day and behaviour.
When I was happy I can follow the route to the places I've been with my friends, and the photos, all faces tagged and sorted of course.
When I was drunk and sad I can see when I opened the messaging app for how long, the odd routes I took at Google Maps and my sobby voice at Voice Search, looking for directions and the sad song I listened to on the train ride back home. Of course it knows which exact train I took too

He didn't open wireshark.
Stop falling for memes, test it yourself with wireshark and you'll see that nothing happens.

WHAT THE FUCK THIS SHIT IS REAL

>People like Stallman let everyone know what the Gov and large corps are doing
>Gov/Corps get caught YEARS AGO and admit they track and listen to everything

>WOW HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

People are fucking stupid.

the pixel 2 will display the name of music playing around you without you pressing any /record/ button.

we are all more or less trapped in it
the modern world and society or at least the one I live is built with these services in mind, everyone including school, work, friends and family assume you have these devices and services and you basically cannot be a full member without it

>we live in a society

the best Google device was the Home Mini, it "acidentally" recorded everything through a bug by activating itself.
And as we know from myactivity it stores everything
You could play back 24/7 voice recordings from you Home Mini for a short time
archive.is/vPjEh

Hehe. myactivity.google.com

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-21-01-52-57.png (720x662, 37K)

Best GNU/Linux smartphone in 2018?

it even has a cute little thumbnail ^-^

Attached: chrome_2018-04-21_01-55-57.png (666x102, 4K)

>0.05googlebux has been deposited into your googlewallet

when I Googled some driver issues it combines all related searches and websites to one neat package!

Attached: chrome_2018-04-21_01-58-39.png (684x97, 4K)

Why do people think this is exclusively a google operated system?

How don't they think that Windows could be recording and sending the information to google and other websites which then advertise to you.

Well they wouldn't directly send them to the competition
But third party advertising companies just buy the info from Google and Microsoft and combine them, so it doesn't matter anyway

>tfw i fell for the meme
>tfw logged in
>tfw no activity

Attached: 1355752791051.jpg (526x522, 49K)

Better yet, google how to turn off your mic completely.

>google

Attached: 1524246239497.jpg (900x900, 162K)

I found this guide right here

Attached: shit.png (980x415, 29K)

It saves the shit and sends it later

Sure... Clicking yes or no means yes to google. They don't give a fuck about permission.

kek

finally Google is right for once

>logged into chrome
>probably has his android phone on in google search with the volume turned down
>talks about dog toys into his android phone which is searching google for dog toys off camera
>????
>dog toys adverts

>implying my microphone is powered

>installing ios 11 on old ipad mini 2
>trying to set up siri
>shout "hey siri" a few times
>doesn't work, mess around in settings again
>screams "HEY SIRI' a few more times
>doens't work, i give up
>pick up my android phone with stock os
>there's a pop-up suggesting to activate the google assistant with some phrase implying voice control somewhere

guess i need some rooting

Attached: C9UBb9IXgAE-bsV.jpg (800x450, 28K)

What the fuck omg

I just spoke into the mic, "I need a Samsung Galaxy S9" as a test. I opened instagram and the first ad I see is this

This is fucking creepy

Attached: Screenshot_20180420-200431.png (720x1280, 275K)

And people complain about Facebook. ...

nice anecdote

Strange, I just did the same and nothing happened.

Jow Forums is infested with normies and yet I still come here. My life is really in the fucking toilet

I'm glad I never used the voice typing feature on android. Surly that would be in myactivity too.

Also I can clearly see when I disabled play store and services. The log literally stops here.

Pure horror.

>uses google
>suddenly surprised it's botnet
user...

THEY FUCKING KNOW NOW

Attached: ss.png (653x191, 24K)

the real question is do they use your speakers as a mic too

There are really, really good audio compressors for voice.

That would require a nefarious custom audio driver.

How good?

>be 2009
>be 11
>going to a computer camp to learn js(the olden days)
>still consolefag
>never look up anything about vidya, mostly just play minecraft and chat with friends on aim
>kid with fatass alienware starts having huge conversation about humble bundle next to me with friend
>mfw I open up a minecraft forums page and there's a sidebar and topbox ad for humble bundle

Attached: 1kvs1p.jpg (460x397, 36K)

Does 8.1 have it also?
I checked myactivity and there were only history pages that I visited

Welcome to the suspects list. Once Google owns the planet, they will find you, you, the enemy.

I have no google account and no myactivity, am I profiled too?

I saw a novelty one once that could do shit like compressing whole sentences in less than a KB, and i thing speex can kinda do that too.

No shill, serious question: does Apple spy too that hard? Is it safer to use an iPhone than android?

I asked google for translating a word last year. The recording is in my activity, translated speech-to-text and there is a "play" button to listen the recording.

How comes the recording is on google servers for everyone (working at google) to listen?

>using laptop to take notes in class
>professor recommends some YouTube video
>ignore her, don't put it in my notes
>appears in my recommended videos anyways

Attached: hana_cry.jpg (1150x1080, 76K)

Found the novelty codec i was talking about:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codec_2
With this codec, voice can be compressed from 3200 to 700kbits/s, which means on the best quality, 10 seconds of talking can be compressed to 4KB.
You can literally spy on dial up users with that shit.

Oh wait, bits/s, not kbits/s

Fuck technical advancement.
Fuck the botnet.
Fuck devices in general.
Burn them. EMP the planet. Set us free.

Attached: 1524102408294.png (645x773, 58K)

ted?

Tech is fine. We just need stop companies from spying on us. We must not allow them to troll us with "we take care of your privacy" while uploading our voices, texts and shit to their servers. If the state doesn't help us, we must stop it manually but not using their services.

Attached: 1514796031600.jpg (675x900, 289K)

kek'd

Attached: 1524161634726.gif (400x300, 1.21M)

GRUB + ALSA + Song + GNU

Attached: smartboy.png (1000x800, 285K)

Feels good having 0 results. My voice data is probably associated with whatever account they use for the Google home we use at work, but I don't use it much at all and there's likely too much background noise for the data to be useful.

Attached: 1524155254299-pol.gif (200x150, 797K)

>does Apple spy too that hard?
Despite whatever they may say, absolutely.
>Is it safer to use an iPhone than android?
Doesn't matter. Use which one has the operating system you personally prefer.

I'm not a criminal. My life isn't affected in any way if someone knows what dog food brand or underwear I buy. I'm getting a strong sensation that the people getting riled up about this "scandal" have a huge chip on their shoulder.

Stop being a social recluse and an internet addict, spending large amounts of time alone or only having "online friends" increases delusional paranoia tenfold. The government or corporations aren't out to get you. You aren't special. You live a regular, albeit depressing, aimless, sad existence, which is why you try so desperately try to make sense of it by creating a tangible enemy like corporations and the government.

Put that energy into creating something good like art, a business, or anything that improves the lives of those around you.

Stop being a retard for the good of humankind.

Attached: wallhaven-595210.jpg (2666x4000, 3.13M)

>visit new buddys home
>see google listening device
>"uhm, my mom just texted, I must leave, call ya later!"
>don't call

Attached: 1524102580016.jpg (804x802, 85K)

myactivity.google.com/myactivity?restrict=vaa&hl=en-GB&utm_source=udc&utm_medium=r&utm_campaign=

Attached: Screenshot_20180421-032830_Chrome.jpg (1439x1489, 272K)

Just wait till we enter WWIII and you'll see why what you said is retarded.

I am a criminal and i will use all the data i will get from those companies hilariously unprotected service to wreck you for my own entertainment.

youtube.com/watch?v=WRzm7wrk_FA
Just three minutes to think about.

And now, fellow discordfags, imagine the voice stuff discord saved and doesn't show you.

Neat little site. Definitely doing to fuck off from Google now. Got to delete all that stuff though. Thank Christ I never had anything past search and YouTube watch histories.

>I am a criminal and i will use all the data i will get from those companies hilariously unprotected service to wreck you for my own entertainment.
It's getting a little edgy in here don't you think?

Attached: 6eb4a63fc101e2c987d501c4f8279ac3.jpg (600x600, 71K)

Yeah, went a bit shadow the hedgehog here.
For realism i should had gone with a broken russian/chinese english and say i would use it to get money.

Holy shit that guy ended up killing his daugter/lover the baby and himself jesus christ.

look at this fakenews

Look up how many data breaches are happening every day. It's possible that someone gains access to whatever service and scrapes your data. That's why data shouldn't be collected in the first place.

I noticed this a while ago but I thought it was based on sites I went too or stuff I searched for
Thing it it started showing ads for fantasy DnD shit after my friend was talking about it near my phone

People who fantasize with unlikely scenarios of global war/apocalypse often do so because they're depressed, or they feel discontent with their life. They feel that only a global event of such magnitude would bring about change to their otherwise miserable and boring existence. You've been brainwashed by myopic internet narratives and fearmongering from Jow Forumstards. Regain control of your life.