/spg/ - Smartphone General

V40 soon
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America

Attached: lg-v30-sliver.png (450x600, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EaS_pxjcuNA
youtube.com/watch?v=EvZN2zDjW-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

meizu sounds cute uwu

>samsnug is rejecting some trade-ins
fugg, still on pins and needles until i get that confirmation email.

I'm looking for a phone under $450 with a decent camera/camera software, runs Android 8.1 with no shitty skin either, 3500+ mAh battery, 1080p 5.5" screen and has either a Snapdragon 820/821 or 835. I'm also on Verizon so my options might be limited since I live in the US. I'm also coming from a Droid Turbo.
Thanks in advance.

Moto G5 still best budget phone?
I hear Huawei or however you spell it is good too but they don't work on my network.

>V40 soon
yeah i too cannot wait for another lg phone with a shit camera and a shit screen with a fucking notch

Any cheaper/same alternatives to the Moto E4?
Needs to have fingerprint scanner

Attached: motorola-moto-e4-3.jpg (513x400, 22K)

Their V series is really good though.

>waiting on oneplus 6
>a fucking notch
>5t sold out

How long did your smartphone batteries last?
My Galaxy s4 lasted about 4 years,but the last year it deteriorated quite fast

Attached: iphone-on-fire[1].jpg (780x483, 32K)

Looking for a phone around the budget of $400-$500 with a headphone jack and decent battery life. Should i wait for the nokia 7 plus or is there another option?

Moto G6 plus with 6GB or Nokia 7plus

Thoughts on the V30s thinQ? In general, this and the V30+ are my current favorite phones.

Attached: 3d179bed-abe2-4cc3-ac57-c9b65b2eb334..jpg (1010x1024, 74K)

i know it is. but those are the main complaints of the v series, and when you're competing against samsung and apple, you really can't skimp out on those

Nokia 8 Sirocco is a close second for me.

Attached: f11cc0fc-de6e-4e85-8638-c0109afe7da8..png (684x800, 98K)

Can we make a non chink phone recommended pastebin?

Attached: Clarkson.jpg (286x288, 24K)

So my friend has a Zenfone Max Plus and the ZenUI launcher it came with has a really neat 3-d effect with the icons where the icons shift slightly when you move your phone. Is there any way I could get the same effect on my Samsung Galaxy S8+? I tried getting ZenUI but it wont work outside of zenfones and all the launchers I tried out don't seem to have that option.

Is the nokia 7 plus a good phone for an eufag on a budget?

Pixel XL

It never was the best budget phone

Yes

>It never was the best budget phone
Any alternatives, then?

First for /NoGoogle/

what's the best budget phone

Redmi Note 5

These threads are all ruled by the chinese. Shame.

I hope LG keeps the violet colour for the v40. It'll probably be my next phone unless they notch it up or remove the headphone jack/sd card slot.

LG Aristo

Pls answer

As I said, doesn't work with my network..

Where did you say that?

The chinese only know their own deices. To recommend something non chink is against their practices.

>I hear Huawei or however you spell it is good too but they don't work on my network.

Redmi is Xiaomi, not Huawei

My bad, I'm a brainlet and I confused them.
Huawei works with my network but not Xiaomi.

Since I don't know where else to ask is there a quick and easy way to export telegram contacts to phone storage?

and not a chinkphone? is there any

nokia 6.1 vs sony xa2 which one is better?

What's the comfiest Android media player, preferably FOSS?

v30 is great other than no ir blaster and mediocre front camera. the back camera is good.

I work at ToysRUs, and I'm just trying to get something nice before I have to start the job hunt again and I run out of money.

OnePlus 5T

W8

I've been out of the game for a while, and the recommended chinkphone list doesn't work with verizon.
Is the moto g5+ still the best budget phone that works on CDMA?

>computer breaks tuesday
>spend $800 ordering new parts
>phone breaks today
JUST
can somebody recommend me a couple poorfag phones just for browsing the interwebz and has an okay camera? never use my phones for gaming or anything too intensive and battery life isn't a huge concern since almost everywhere i go has a charger

>What's the comfiest Android media player, preferably FOSS?
Timber.

Chinkphones don't work in the US.

if you're a burger and want 4G its still technically the moto line, Moto G5 plus is down to 250$s 64 GB on newegg,, although at the moment you can nab a New Galaxy S7 32GB for 320$s on Amazon, that might be considered a better deal by some

3rd option is to wait for Moto G6 to drop next month, not sure what the price points will be

I don't think the OnePlus 5T is exactly reliable on Verizon since it's missing Band 13. Any other phones in mind?

what's the best tempered glass thing to slap on my brand new chinkphone (redmi note 4 global)?
why does a $200 chinkphone feel and respond better than my G3 on a custom ROM?

>neat 3-d effect with the icons where the icons shift slightly when you move your phone
It's called parallax, and I'm pretty sure iOS has it since at least the iphone 4.

I left home in the morning with 90% and I got almost 6 hours of sot and I played PoGO for more than 3 hours, this is better than I expected. It's the galaxy a8 btw.

Attached: Screenshot_20180420-210812.jpg (1080x2220, 128K)

holy fuck someone in the US has it out for zte rip axon 9

Why are people interested in this phone? Serious question.

It looks great, it has the Nokia build quality, Android One and a SD 835 is very good even if it's last gen.

Is there a good FOSS anti-theft/remote wipe application?

Because they're fucking autistic and have an illogical attachment to a brand for a variety of autistic reasons. Same thing with Sony phones.

My understanding was that they worked perfectly fine on GSM networks like ATT.

If it's $100 or less, doubt you'll find much with the same compatibility and speed. Stock Android is great on lower powered phones.

t.moto e4 user. Love mine

Just posted about the Moto E4. I don't know if you have access where you are, but it's a great poorfag phone.

Got mine for $100 canadianobucks. It's the Verizon PP so no bootloader unlock, but it's getting fairly regular security updates.

16gb, 2gb, SD425, 5inch 720p, 2800mah battery. mine usually gets me 2 days, 3-5 hours SOT on LTE. Battery is removable btw.

What's the best mid range for the US? Like around $300.

Where did you guys buy your redmi note 4? Tried aliexpress, banggood but no luck. US here

It won't work in the US.

Actually for canada but shipping to usa is cheaper and have a house there

Somewhat odd set of requirements here:
> LineageOS compatible
> as compatible with both Canadian and EU frequency bands as possible
> dual sim
Does this phone exist??

Amazon then. You could also try ebay for the note 5.

On amazon US the redmi's LTE bands are 3, 5, and 40.

On chinkshit websites they are 1,3,4,5,7,...

Is one of them just plain wrong?

AliExpress. HongKong Goldway is my personal recommendation. It will work depending on what provider you use; it works on T-Mo because it has Band 4 support. I don't know about any of the other ones.

I'M 100% MAD
the one phone I was waiting for

Galaxy s8 to pixel 2.

I currently pay for Verizon and google Fi. I have google fi as I travel out of country a lot. My google fi phone is the nexus 5x.

Now that Google Fi charges 80$ for unlimited everything I'm debating about dropping Verizon entirely. I love the S8 though and it's the best phone I've used.

>all new phones now copying the notch

Why? It literally serves no purpose and makes the screen more annoying to look at

Is OLED really that nice?

it is pretty fucking nice
especially the actual deep blacks

Are there any smartphone that I could connect to my lcd, keyboard and mouse, and use it as a pc?

They all kinda suck at it if you're willing to do some hacky bullshit but OOTB Samsung Dex is probably the best experience

It really is. People say it has burn in issues, but I've had one for more than 2 1/2 years and still have no issues.

a raspberry pi would be better right?

Is the J7 Pro the cheapest best way to OLED?

Am I a cuck for buying a chinese smartphone (oneplus shit)

Does Nokia 8 Sirocco work in the US?
why is Samshit have the only company with premium phones that have OLED and SD card

I just got a 5T and it's my first OLED device other than my Rift, the screen looks amazing with those deep blacks. It really does look very nice.

Yes

I had a Meizu Pro 5. They are VERY slow on updates. The mid 2015 PRO 5 is still stuck on fucking Lollipop. There is also no custom ROM scene. Other than that, the phone it self was absolutely amazing.
>notch
Literally the only reason the bought the 5T instead of waiting for a 6.

Just paid 199€ for a Asus Zenfone 3 Max
feels bad man

>Because they're fucking autistic.
stale reply
>and have an illogical attachment to a brand.
noone mentioned brand loyalty. i even stated the nokia was a close second to AN LG PHONE. your accusation is baseless.
>for a variety of autistic reasons.
apparently you're an expert on autism. first hand account maybe?
>Same thing with Sony phones.
if you're attempting to shit on people for "brand loyalty" then proceed shitting on brands, you're obviously the autist.

youtu.be/EaS_pxjcuNA

What do we think about this? It's the new motorazr.

>no expandable memory
dropped

My S3 is deteriorating fast. Thinking about getting an S8 or S9 since I'm used to samsung but would like to install a custom rom to remove any bloatware and security concerns.

Worth making the leap?

But it looks so cool ;_;
What if one didn't need expandable memory though? Is it good otherwise?

GS5
Iphone SE is still solid,though SE2 Is coming soon enough

yeah,frequently play around with my mates S9 and it feels nice

sure, go for it

actually yea

nokia is made by pajeet.
does that count?

youtube.com/watch?v=EvZN2zDjW-4
good:
>the massive battery, can go an entire week without charging
>pretty good performance despite only 1.5 GHz
>the unusual design. I like unusual things
>the low price (about 300 CAD including shipping and etc)
bad:
>frequency doesn't work on my carrier (would definitely work on 2g if carrier supported it. rip)
>shit speaker, but I don't use that anyway

can the bootloader on the newer samshit phones even be unlocked?

good god
as long as theyve washed their hands and wear gloves i could stomach that

Attached: hq720.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

apparently

I dropped my car off at my local garage and right as I dropped my keys in the lock box I realized I left my brand new phone in the car

Attached: 1495687524732.jpg (370x699, 34K)

>Sony phones.
They're good though

I've dropped my budget Xperia on the ground multiple times and carry it around in my pocket together with my keys and it only has 1 scratch on the back meanwhile all my Samshit and iPhone owning colleagues have their screens smashed and scratched all over, so enjoy your fragile phones while they're mint because they're not going to last long

>S6 comes out
>meh reviews
>S7 comes out
>it's the S6 but refined
>everybody loves it
>s8 comes out
>new design but everybody loves it again
>s9 comes out
>refinement of s8
>meh reviews

Why don't people like the S9?

Attached: sartre_and_camus.png (834x438, 108K)

The V30 is why I'm still using a V20. I don't like side grades.