/mpv/ - the end is near

Attached: mpv.jpg (1200x630, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-19.html
addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/open-with/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/send-to-mpv-player/
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-slang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compositing_window_manager
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haaaasn, please come back.
You can't let madshi win.

Hello hanna,
What do you think about madshi's HDR researches?
avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2954506-improving-madvr-hdr-sdr-mapping-projector-19.html

Hello niklas haas,
Is your motion interpolation project going well?

What happened? Haven't followed the project since that drama a while back with wm4 leaving or whatever

When version 0.28 will be stable?

Isn't the new ffmpeg supposed to come out soon? i think they'll jump to 0.29 when that happens.

ffmpeg 4.0 is out today

format code extension resolution note
139 m4a audio only DASH audio 48k , m4a_dash container, mp4a.40.5@ 48k (22050Hz)
140 m4a audio only DASH audio 96k , m4a_dash container, mp4a.40.2@128k (44100Hz)
160 mp4 256x144 DASH video 108k , mp4_dash container, avc1.4d400b, 30fps, video only
133 mp4 426x240 DASH video 242k , mp4_dash container, avc1.4d400c, 30fps, video only
134 mp4 640x360 DASH video 671k , mp4_dash container, avc1.4d401e, 30fps, video only
135 mp4 854x480 DASH video 1155k , mp4_dash container, avc1.4d4014, 30fps, video only
136 mp4 1280x720 DASH video 2310k , mp4_dash container, avc1.4d4016, 30fps, video only
137 mp4 1920x1078 DASH video 5503k , mp4_dash container, avc1.640028, 30fps, video only
17 3gp 176x144 small , mp4v.20.3, mp4a.40.2@ 24k
36 3gp 320x180 small , mp4v.20.3, mp4a.40.2
43 webm 640x360 medium , vp8.0, vorbis@128k
18 mp4 640x360 medium , avc1.42001E, mp4a.40.2@ 96k
22 mp4 1280x720 hd720 , avc1.64001F, mp4a.40.2@192k (best)

Seems like youtube made a change for new uploads. I only get webm in lower quality now and if you want highest you have to use mp4. I wonder why they are doing this when they made vp8?

is there a way to get the sound wave of the current frame I'm in, or at least the volume level?

I'm cutting some videos and need a way to see when the sound stops.

DELET THIS

you could try the visualizer script on the user-scripts page

JUST ADDED THE KEYBIND AND it doesn't work

change the mode from novideo to force then change the last line to bind it to the x key
mp.add_key_binding("x", "cycle-visualizer", cycle_visualizer)

well I just tried it, it looks fancy but doesn't help me. I don't know what its creator wanted it for but it lacks information,

It's meant to be a music visualizer I guess. Did you try all the different views? This one you can go frame by frame and it goes flat the frame it's silent. It would be really easy to cut audio with this.

Attached: a.jpg (1280x480, 150K)

Only for new uploads?
The vp9 streams take longer to encode so they sometimes don't go up for a while.

the one i checked was 12 hours old. i guess they just have a lot of video to encodeĀ¬!!

bump

no, some channels don't have vp9 and some do, it's weird. probably Google doesn't want to commit fully because AV1 is on the horizon, which will replace vp9 anyways.

does mpv support Segment Linking?

kek, no.

>still no 0.29

Attached: 1517864663557.jpg (576x384, 27K)

Compile from master, retard.

Nah, I only compile something when it's tagged as a release.

Enjoy your debian stable like shit, so.

I will.

Where is our haasn?

Assuming processing power is not an issue, what provides higher quality playback, mpc-hc + madvr or mpv ?

Mpv because vulkan, because it supports multi-gpu. Now madshi hired a math genius to optimize his algos.

I'm the math genius he hired, AMA.

Interesting, can single GTX 1080 handle all the eye candy ? Is there any guide how to preset mpv for highest quality possible ?

Were his algorithms so gross?

profile=gpu-hq
interpolation stuff
shaders like FSRCNNX + SSimDownscaler

Are you haasn, igv or bjin?
Will you continue to contribute to mpv?

What is the NEW (not scaling related) ALGO?

What did you do?

it's a dabbing algorithm \_o\

... keek

IGV?!
How to pronounce your pseudo?

How do I create a keyboard shortcut for no-correct-pts, senpais? It's not recognized as a property...

x cycle-values correct-pts no yes

Just noticed correct-pts was the actual property too. Thanks anyway. cycle is enough, btw.

wid=0

Attached: 1494631587952.jpg (274x297, 22K)

user pls, elaborate on "interpolation stuff"

Attached: 1508221183788.jpg (960x536, 103K)

HELLO MPV USERS. WHAT FIREFOX EXTENSION DO YOU USE IN ORDER TO GET MPV TO PLAY VIDEOS WITH A CLICK?

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo%2C_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/open-with/

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/send-to-mpv-player/

thanks, bros. the open with addon worked perfectly.

Can someone share their conf or tell me how to set up mpv for high quality ? I've used some config generator for mpv, picked ultra preset whatever that means but mpc-hc + madvr has clearly better quality side by side. mpv uses much less gpu resources, but the quality is inferior and quality is all i'm interested in right now.

Playing persona 5 or something.

Does anyone else here find mpv freezing a lot for them recently? It seems to happen when I skip forward in windowed mode, and I have to max it then unwindow to unfreeze it, didn't use to be a problem.

Is he a PC or Console gamer?

video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
tscale=oversample

>Does anyone else here find mpv freezing a lot for them recently?

uh no. sounds like your hardware needs a cleaning.

gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
hwdec=d3d11va
profile=gpu-hq
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
tscale=oversample

While this improves quality from stock mpv, it's still inferior to madvr which uses NGU antialiasing(used a guide to maximize quality for anime). Sample file for comparison is fairly low quality 1024x576 anime and i'm scaling it to 4k, I assume mpv would need to use some sort of extra scaling filter to be comparable ?

There's some meme shaders like RAVU or FSRCNN you can use.

>scaling to 4k
Disgusting.

I own 4k display, what do you expect me to do, watch videos in a window ?

Would be decent if mpc-qt was finished.

Attached: mpc-qt.png (269x45, 3K)

>Would be decent if mpc-qt was finished.

I hope they just dump it and start from scratch.

>what do you expect me to do
To use a 1080p display when you are watching media.

What do you use madvr with?

After trying out various scalars, nnedi3-nns256-win8x6 looks basically as good as madvr but the window freezes for like 30s when going fullscreen and gpu is pegged at 99% load, ravu-r4 looks almost as good and doesn't tax the gpu very hard. Anything else I can try ? I'm pretty satisfied with results right now.
You're funny user
mpc-hc

Try FSCRNN

>tfw development stopped on mpc-hc

Anything higher than FSRCNNX_x2_r1_16-0-4-1 basically doesn't work, but that one is really good as well, I think that scaling is roughly as good as it's going to get, I think now madvr only appears(really close to placebo at this point) to be better because of sharpen filter or ringing artifacts or something else.

Is it true? >>/tv/97589532

1. When i play a video with mpv, i get a black square in the upper left corner approx 32x32px, why is that?

2. When i play a video with mpv i get a strange kind of tearing - diagonal across the whole screen, as if it was split into two triangles, why is that?

3. How to set default language / default subtitle track?

Using mpv 0.23.0-2+deb9u2 package since about 1 day ago, mesa/kernel from backports, with no custom configuration of any kind

Wtf update

1 & 2 idk never experienced it
3. mpv.io/manual/master/#options-slang

There's nothing newer in backports, and i'm not making a frankendebian
Happy to just wait until a newer one is packaged.

Thanks
Seems like #1 is a bad interaction with my compositor (some people on redd.it slash 4dy8fk with the same issue) and #2 is probably my weak igp, will try setting mpv to disable composition

why, does it have to start over?

Sometimes, not often but SOMETIMES when I invoke MPV it doesn't load my config.

Pic related is a diff of the logfile of calling mpv twice on the same file. The first time (on the right) it did not load my config. The second time it did. I don't see any error messages in the logfile that would indicate why my config didn't load the second time.

Both times I invoked mpv exactly the same, like this:
(process (string-append "mpv --no-terminal --log-file=/tmp/mpv.log --loop-file=inf \"" s "\""))

It seems to do this for any file, it's not a particular file causing this. And if I try again it will load the config properly. As I said it only happens sometimes seemingly at random. It happens maybe 1 in 20 times.

Can anybody give me some tips on why this might happen or what I should investigate?

Attached: 1516480512614.png (1154x698, 200K)

sorry for asking this here but sqt and other parts of Jow Forums know shit about video.
I'm encoding a video with 1 minute that's pretty grainy and because it is too grainy it generales a big filesize.

is it possible to encode that part at low bitrate and the rest at the usual parameter? or do I have to cut these 2 videos to pieces? thanks

FSRCNNX shader is basically the same thing as NGU.

Using --include with my default user config forces the config to be read, but none of my extensions or other files in ~/.config/mpv are read.

Is there any mpv equivalent for low end android phone? I've been using MX Player, but it doesn't seem able to do http streaming.

there is literally mpv for android in the play store, retard.

I know, but it doesn't work on my phone, hence the emphasis on low-end version.

then buy a new phone

Mind sharing your .conf, user?

How can I see the size of the frame I'm in in KB?

chapter select on android when?

Still no 0.29

how can I get the MadVR quality with this shit?

read the thread retard nigger

>the one i checked was 12 hours old
you have to wait a bit for it to encode all of them

you could just bind a key in your wm if use lunix

I tried using FSRCNNX and it gives my anime disgusting jagged black edges.

How do you get "vsync" with this shit
I'm getting tearing all over the place

>I'm getting tearing all over the place

fix your drivers and compositor

mpv assumes that a compositor is always running and it can't render without tearing when there isn't

is there any way to fix that?

no, it simply has no vsync support by itself

Why do linux users always use outdated software? There have been many changes from 0.27 to 0.28 and there are people with even older versions.

>compositor
the fuck is a compositor

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compositing_window_manager

>what is mpv-build

>using gpu-hq
top fucking kek

I'm on latest git mpv with latest git ffmpeg and the gpu-hq makes the image look like shit. I noticed this a while ago but I tested it today to see if it was fixed and got the same issue.

It looks perfect on default setting but with gpu-hq enabled I see a lot of banding in dark scenes.

Pic related is what it looks like with gpu-hq on.

Attached: mpv-shot0001-gpu-hq.jpg (3840x2160, 2.95M)