Is Vaping the new smoking?

Does anyone else think in about 20-30 years we are going to see a huge spike of lung cancer, only for it to be revealed it was vaping?
I’ve stayed far away from it for a reason.

Attached: 2BF58B4A-E842-4B41-BA74-DA82C00F14CC.jpg (680x519, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxymethylfurfural
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2767358
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Adverse_effects
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0116732
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.
Smoking, drinking, sugar, it's all trash to keep you poor, sick and stupid.
Vaping is an activity for soy creatures that should be shamed.

>t. guy who has no idea what he is talking about

Yes, I do.

>t. drinking and smoking is healthy, I'm gonna die aged 53 cause I am ignorant and useless to humanity.

Nicotine causes heart disease

He's not wrong. All that stuff does give you cancer. Especially (certain kinds of processed) ugar, which exacerbates growth in addition to causing it. You're better off arguing whether its worth caring about at all than to act as though its not true.

I'm thinking about vaping, but just using cbd oil.
I get intense anxiety, would it help?

Excessive sugar is another worry, a single can of coke is almost 40% of your daily intake of sugar, and most people go overboard and drink entire bottles

drinking is healthy
vaping isnt smoking

me too except i want to vape heroin

>sugar causes cancer

Attached: 1523919919679.jpg (708x631, 119K)

>I'm going to abstain from everything so I can live 2 years longer

Attached: y.png (645x614, 83K)

You act like peoples lives are somehow worse if they don't vape.

Attached: 1519966955952.png (370x320, 11K)

dunno, I feel less shitty that when I was smoking
wouldn't call it healthy though

As a nonsmoker I am thrilled that vaping is becoming more popular these days. Fuck secondhand smoke, I didn't sign up for your cancer.

Attached: poopcorn.jpg (640x484, 160K)

There are studies linkinh high sugar intake and cancer, so fuck you.

Most likely because those people are obese

There are studies linking everything to cancer

If A causes B and B causes C, A indirectly causes C.

High sugar intake causes obesity, and obesity causes cancer.

correlation does not equal causation

Yeah and I'm a healthy weight and get exercise, and some days I eat more sugar than I should.
People like me won't be affected that much.

Please, enlighten us on which component of HFCS (which is made from Dextrose and Fructose) other than Hydroxymethylfurfural (which only appears as a result of contamination or improper storage) could even remotely be considered carcinogenic, you fearmongering retard. We'll wait.
t. someone who actually works in Chromatographic separations of sugars, including High-Fructose Corn Syrup in 42 and 55 blends. That shit will make you fat and give you The Beetus in large, unregulated quantities...but it doesn't give you cancer.
Here's some reading for your dumbass, btw: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxymethylfurfural

I doubt you'd get cancer from secondhand smoke unless exposed to it all the time. It's just so dilute and exposure isn't as frequent as even a casual smoker gets. If you get cancer it's more likely to be random chance or chronic smog exposure than occasional secondhand smoke.

That said, secondhand smoke is fucking disgusting and stale smoke is worse. I'd much rather encounter exhaled glycerin+nicotine.

Agreed. Stuff that isn't toxic typically only causes cancer if you consume a fuckload of it.

It makes you fat, and obesity raises your cancer risk.

Depends on what you're vaping. The only real risk that comes with the use of vapes (assuming it's just water vapor) is the chance of pneumonia but that's about it. If you're still smoking nicotine then of course you're going to have a risk of lung cancer, we know that already.

What about CBD oil?

I have never smoked or done drugs. Rarely if I ever do I drink alcohol or soda.

But was recently introduced to CBD and it's the greatest thing ever. It helps my mind relax.

That's a fucking byproduct of unhealthy living in general, that doesn't mean that sugar is inherently carcinogenic. His statement was intentionally misleading, and came off like some dumb shit your aunt would chainpost on Facebook. Call a spade a spade.

Utterly harmless from everything I've read. Only real risk is that you may become psychologically dependent on the stuff and feel pissy for a while if you can't get it. No chemical addiction though.

Quitting soda was one of the best things I've ever done. Was pretty easy too, I stopped drinking because I realized how gross it was.

probably not; the physical act of vaping is legitimately much less carcinogenic then smoking, no matter what substance we're talking about. The problem with smoking is that you're sending burning particulate down your esophagus, which is always going to be worse than kinda-warm mostly-water-vapor.

One thing that kinda tickles my brain funny is that this isn't something that can be advertised in the US; years ago anti-tobacco groups got a law passed that you can't advertise that certain tobacco products are "less bad for you". The law made sense when it was passed (tobacco companies were making unsubstantiated claims), but now it's preventing people who are already addicted to nicotine from learning that there's a less-dangerous alternative out there.

Which isn't to say that getting a vape would be good for you, just you know, better

Everyone and their mother is aware of vaping. It doesn't need advertising.

no, but the fact that vaping is a lot less carcinogenic than cigarettes does. Citation: OP

It could save smoker's lives, help the air smell better for the rest of us, and prevent forest fires

This. Fucking based. We should encourage vaping

If that is the case I will be one of the first to die from it. I switched from smoking to vaping in 2014 and since then have vaped every single day and never got off nicotine as I really like it. I currently just use a simple 100w istick with a single coil rebuildable tank atomizer. Never got into all that fancy crazy shit like multiple elaborate coils and shit.
Costs me about $100 a year for juice because I make it myself. Sometimes i'll go to the store down the street and treat myself to a fancy bottle of the good stuff.
My rest heart rate is still lower than most of my friends. I don't have a smokers cough at all. All of my possessions don't smell like smoke.
I've never known another person to do what I did in actually switching to a vape and sticking with it. Everyone I've met either does it for literally no purpose because they don't use nicotine or get board and go back to ciggs/never give them up and do both.

obesity raises cancer

my girl thinks vapers are cute haha

i dont vape

See

>heating up plastic and breathing it in
what a fantastic idea

Unlikely, vaping is more likely to give you pneumonia than anything else. It's basically sucking on a fog machine with nicotine mixed in.

Oh good, so sugar doesn't cause cancer then.

>What is sous vide
Just because you have a complete lack of understanding of chemistry and physics doesnt mean heat magically turns plastic into cancer.

It has it's own lung disease issue. Fuck me for not remembering but you can dig yourself for publications. Research covered it already when it started to get popular.

No more than pulled pork or potato chips.

I fucking hate junk food and sugar. My only vice is diet soda but I doubt I'm doing worse than people who eat meat and animal excretions.

Yes, that's what I'm agreeing with. X is linked with cancer is usually a weak correlation.

>diet soda
all the sweeteners are known for causing cancer

Possibly, since lungs are not intended for glycerin or what they vape.
It is like lead, it is not dangerous, until you eat or drink it.

vaping smells like shit - all variants smell like medicine. i prefer the intoxicating smell of american spirits

see
Show us a published, peer-reviewed paper on specific sweeteners or fuck off with your he-said/she-said bullshit.

well, it's anybody's guess whether inundating the surfactant in your alveoli with mangled lipids is a good idea.

> I doubt I'm doing worse than people who eat meat and animal excretions
>animal excretions
what do you think aspartame is?

Be a man and chew tobacco, not a basedboy vaper

how the fuck did vaping even blow up? I've never seen a vaper in person

not really a feat when you never leave the room.

>I've never seen a vaper in person
I wish I lived in your world.

No thanks, I don't want ugly falling out teeth or mouth cancer.

>putting nicotine filled vapor into your lungs
>thinks there will be no damage
At least smokers acknowledge they will get cancer. Vapefags think they found a "get out of cancer free" card

>all the sweeteners are known for causing cancer
Not him, but that' really only true if you drink 40 gallons of Diet Coke everyday for 30 years. A few diet cokes a week will literally do nothing to you.

Its my only vice for that reason

This

Me too. I can't even get home after work without having to pass all the little faggots flooding out of the junior high school, sucking on robot cocks.

Aren't people already getting popcorn lung from it?

The main ingredient is benign, the uncertainty/dangers lie in the esters and other chemical compounds used to create the flavors and smells.

Solution, use flavorless glycerol based compounds or only flavors derived from natural sources like menthol (taken from peppermint plants).

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2767358

Attached: vaping.jpg (700x476, 91K)

Is tasteless vaping fun?

Holy shit, someone finally posted something with FACTUAL BASIS and published studies! QUICK, CLOSE THE THREAD!

what does that even mean?

That they have hot, buttery lungs that go really good with movies?

Search up popcorn lung on your search engine of choice.

you still feel the vapour as you inhale and exhale, and can still get your nicotine fix from it, so yes, it's fine unless you're just looking to taste banana or whatever. Half the reason people smoke is for the enjoyment of the act of it anyway. Google into "oral fixation" and how the tobacco industry banks on it

Yes. Flavors are why our movement has such a bad reputation. It's like cocktails all over again

What's actually going to happen is there will be negligence in production of the oils for vaping and it will lead to widespread deaths. The production of these oils already involves harmful chemicals that don't reach the end product but if they did it can be catastrophic.The many different combinations of substances put into these concoctions has unforeseen consequences.

Attached: 1523822489496.jpg (1024x979, 72K)

Maybe, but it'll only be hipster faggots and dumbass kids dying, so it's okay.

B-BRRARRAPPPPPP BARRAPRPPPPPP BRAP- mm quite pungent my d-BRRRAPPPP holy SHIT BRAPPPPPPBPARPAPRPAPR

I got into vaping because I thought building the coils and making my own juice looked like a fun hobby.

A friend gave me nicotine juice and I can vape 3mg juice for about a day but any more after that I get a headache and feel like shit and have to cycle off of it. I can take the 3mg and dilute it down to 1.5 and vape it all day though. I've gotten hooked on enjoying the throat burn.

Is vaping nicotine even bad for you if you aren't sucking it in through cigarettes? I assume so since it makes me feel pretty bad after a while.

Attached: 1494163068637.png (906x680, 97K)

And the traces of metal that gets into the vape liquid from heating the elements up

imagine the smell

Attached: 1524145180307.png (231x277, 22K)

You're wiling to put it in your body, but have no idea what it is or actually does to you? What an odd man you are.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Adverse_effects

If you're getting headaches stop vaping or lower the % of your juice

Attached: nicotine.jpg (679x516, 60K)

If you ever bothered to read the studies, the amounts found even in chink juice were not statistically significant and were not at the required doses. Stop spreading disinformation.

>Vaping for fun
Don't do it. Why would you accept the potential risks in long term studies that haven't been conducted yet? If you are quitting smoking it makes sense as we know smoking is dangerous as shit, and vaping may not be. If it is you were fucked anyway, if not you saved yourself. Also it gets expensive as a hobby, the money can be spent on more fun things.

There's gonna be a spike in some medical condition, but it'll be something completely unpredicted, like testicular torsion.

I bought a vape to replace hookah smoking and so I don't need to worry about a coal dropping on the table/floor/whatever. Am I still a fag?

Why the fuck would you purposefully add nicotine if you don't need to? 0mg is amazing

yes
no not unexpected because the problems are very similar with regular smoking
it's why anyone professional exclusively suggests it as part of a plan to quit smoking, weaning you off the addiction
simply replacing smoking with vaping (and ending there) is just replacing one addiction with another, pointless

I never understood why people have such strong opinions about it. I've been using one every hour of every day for about 4 years now. 6mg nicotine.

All these faggots blowing the douche flute will be dead in 20 years.

Everyone on the planet will be dead in 20 years so live it up. WW3: China Edition will be releasing soon enough

Cambridge University just did a study that found that consuming even one alcoholic beverage per day can decrease your life expectancy. A 40 year old man that drinks one beer a day after work would lose as much as six months of his life just from that.

You're the worst part of the internet. You don't know shit and you don't even understand that you don't know shit.

I don't vape but didn't they?
Nicotine is not a known carcinogen itself, although it is chemically addictive.
Glycerin is not a known carcinogen.

>pointless
>its 90% cheaper
>you don't smell bad
>your environment doesn't smell bad
>your teeth aren't turning all yellow/black
>your cum doesn't taste bad
>your taste buds and nose work better
>is much less bad for your heart
>
>pointless

Wut? Nicotine isn't linked to lung cancer. It's the tar and 2,999 ish other chemicals in cigarettes that cause cancer.

So far the only studies linking vaping to cancer were A) funded by tobacco companies and B) conducted in a way that no one would actually vape (testing at temperatures in excess of 2,000°F, using wicking material that isn't organic cotton, etc). Nicotine itself isn't a carcinogenic substance, however it can cause gastrointestinal and cardiovascular problems in large enough quantities.

Smokers inhale nicotine plus a bunch of chemicals found in tobacco smoke, plus a bunch of chemicals it's processed with. Many of them have been proven to be carcinogens.
Vapers inhale vaporized nicotine and glycerin.

Sure, quitting altogether is definitely the healthiest way, but replacing smoking with vaping is definitely an improvement and is way easier.

I attended a biology conference a year ago and one of the keynote speakers was showing some preliminary data indicating lung epithelial cells are mutated by exposure to e-cig juice (link related, although different scientists). I dunno if this is conclusive, but I'm erring on the side of precaution personally.
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0116732

False.

Sometimes I get annoyed with their white puff, but it is definitely better than cigarettes smoke. Can't they do something with that fog?

>vaper trying this hard to rationalize hooking himself into yet another addiction
wow you aren't actively trying to kill yourself but instead keep shoving your hand in boiling water, we could all learn so much from you!!

What do you expect to happen to a mist of glycerin and nicotine they inhaled and then exhaled?

hurr drugs are bad durr

>Cambridge University just did a study that found that consuming even one alcoholic beverage per day can decrease your life expectancy.
Actually its been proven that drinking one drink a day increases your life expectancy by an average of 7 years. number one cause of death is heart failure, and drinking in moderation lowers your blood pressure