Ok Jow Forums find me something wrong with this

You guys seem to be the masters of whinging about petty shit. Let's see you dismantle Apple's recycling program.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 10.52.50 am.png (1339x725, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/yp73jw/apple-recycling-iphones-macbooks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> surrender fone that only cost $100
> forced to buy NEW phone that costs $1000

really maeks u thingk

well, the last bit of information they needed from you was your dna sample. now they've got that covered too.

>Let's see you dismantle Apple's recycling program.
Repair >> Recycling

I agree but what if someone doesn't need the phone anymore?

For example: my iPhone 4. Not even my young cousins want it. I could donate it but I don't think they would want it when you could get a brand new chink/android phone for $100 that is better.

This, in my view, seems like a good last resort.

Keked from pic.
I don't believe that jamal will give it back

>Based on what you’ve told us, your smartphone is ready to recycle.
While it doesn’t qualify for a gift card, just send it to us and we’ll recycle it for free.

they're really generous!

loled out loud

This is just a scheme to keep used iPhone off the second hand market.

nigger just wipe it and throw it in the trash. why the fuck waste postage on that shit

Sell it. Sell it for parts for repair, because most of components are OK, like motherboard, LCD, camera, and can be used to repair broken ones.
Ones parts are been used - aluminum shell, battery and touch screen are going to be recycled, like it happens to autos in junkyards, good stuff is taken away, and shell is being recycled.

The trade in values are horrible, the quote they gave me for my macbook is less than half of what it sells for on craigslist.

>tfw many retailers and carriers have offered a buyback service in several European countries for years

wew Apple so original

That hand is black

Give it Back, Jamal

> paid $629 for iPhone 5 at launch
> it's now worth $35
yeah right, I could easily sell that for double on ebay.

>can't trade in old 4s, and ipod 3/4
what's the fucking point in trading in an iphone 5+
in my eyes those are practically still new

>Lets kill second hand market i-its for the ENVIROMENT! Because everyone knows buying a new phone is totally eco friendly

Daily reminder that only absolute idiots would use anything created by Apple

Macfags believe that having the latest iPhone counts as "flexing" with all these Stacies and Basedboys getting a new phone every few months, Apple needed to streamline this process. Take the old parts, slap em on some new ones, and sell them as new. The best part is that some of these "hipsters" will buy back some old phones just to have on display in their shitty apartments

Attached: 1494385189268.png (443x627, 247K)

>whinging

>minus ebay fees
>minus paypal fees
>now run risk of buyer claim against you which they win 99% of the time

alright, craigslist then, cultist.

>no seller protections
>get randoms contacting you

idiot

>Use email only
>Meet at public place
>implying the cops will backtrace you

>brings up police for some reason

lmao

>Apple's recycling program
Do you mean Apple's program to prevent older devices to be repaired or refurbished, so that they can sell more new and get people to wate more money?
>motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/yp73jw/apple-recycling-iphones-macbooks
>Apple Forces Recyclers to Shred All iPhones and MacBooks
>Documents obtained by Motherboard: "No reuse. No parts harvesting. No resale."
That's not eco-friendly. Device that keeps being used and prevents another from being manfucatured is what is environmentally friendly.

Fuck those greedy bastards, Don't give them business.

Attached: DNTepTtUMAEJuGp.jpg (750x1000, 93K)

>All hard drives are shredded in confetti-sized pieces. The pieces are then sorted into commodities grade materials. After sorting, the materials are sold and used for production stock in new products. No reuse. No parts harvesting. No resale."

read the article dumb cunt

they don't want dodgy repair places taking parts from other customer's shit and re using it

the parts are shredded and then recycled

This. No better than Microsoft's attempts to lock games to a single Xbox.

>they don't want dodgy repair places taking parts from other customer's shit and re using it

Oy vey goys those repair places are evil EVIL, just ((trust)) us and buy a new phone

>read the article dumb cunt
you read the article dumb cunt

>Kyle Wiens, the CEO of iFixit, notes that recycling "should be a last option" because unrecyclable rare earth metals are completely lost and melted down commodities are less valuable and of generally of a lower quality than freshly mined ones. Repair and reuse are much better ways to extend the value of the original mined materials.

>Apple can say that it wants to revolutionize the recycling industry, but right now, it's just holding it back.

Attached: C4U8GLXXAAQYMZs.jpg large.jpg (540x481, 71K)

the iphone 5 came out six years ago, dude
I literally do not own any computer tech bought in 2012 that isn't on the last leg of its lifespan. I mean, LED backlights start to die after four years, let alone six, ordinary consumer processors from six years ago are relegated to basic word processing and facebook, and USB devices from back then will not work on your USB 3 or C ports. A run of the mill laptop from 2012 is a doorstop, a phone from 2012 is a paperweight.

What I'm getting at here is you've dug yourself a hole. You're either a luddite who uses the lowest end, oldest, POS hardware he can find that just barely performs the task at hand, or you're implying that apple actually makes long-lifespan products with remarkable futureproofing.

>tech bought in 2012 that isn't on the last leg of its lifespan.
#JustAppleshitThings

I have a bunch of T420s sitting around that my company gutted the drives from and disposed of. Popped an SSD in each any they all run great, probably better than new since they originally came with HDDs. Meanwhile iShit can't last more than 2 months before they become laggy unusable trash.