FFmpeg 4.0 Released With New Encoders/Decoders, NVIDIA NVDEC Decoding

FFmpeg 4.0 is now available as the latest major release for this widely-used open-source multimedia encode/decoder library.

FFmpeg 4.0 introduces NVIDIA NVDEC GPU-based decoding for H264 / MJPEG / HEVC / MPEG-1/2/4, VC1, VP8, and VP9 formats. This release also adds an Intel QSV accelerated overlay filter, an OpenCL overlay filter, VA-API MJPEG and VP8 decoding support, new VA-API filters, and many other accelerated code path improvements.

The FFmpeg release also drops support for Windows XP, now supports LibreSSL, and adds a number of new filters, encoders, and decoders.

The full run-down on FFmpeg 4.0 changes can be found via FFmpeg.org.

@

For what reason you have not updated, user?

Attached: ffmpeg-logo.png (728x372, 20K)

>FFmpeg
It does everything, but isn't the best at anything.
MeGUI master race.

IT'S HAPPENING

I use VLC, it does everything I need.

FFmpeg is good for converting stuffs tho

holy shit

ITS HAPPENING GUYS

IF MY COMMANDS DONT WORK AFTER THE UPDATE IM GONNA BE MAD

BRAINLET comment.

Why is everything compiled into one binary instead of calling external ones?

But I've a huge dick tho

come suck it

Hasn't it always had NVENC/NVDEC? I've been using it for at least 2 years. Quality was shit.

Or did they finally fix some of the overscan bugs?

I only use ffmpeg for making anime imageboard webms (vp8). Plus I use the version that comes with my distro. So I won't be seeing this latest version for a couple of years at the least.

Webm unrelated as I didn't make it.

Attached: kino_00.webm (422x236, 2.63M)

does this include mpeg2/3 which is now patent free?

>For what reason you have not updated, user?
You haven't updated your ebuild.

>redditmpg

wtf did i just watch

>still no libaom wrapper in the static build

Attached: engry.png (420x420, 324K)

>VP8 decoding support
whoa webm hwdec for mah legacy gpu in mpv when

>muh dic
so i see ur also a nigger
>which explains everything

Attached: eggzexutive.jpg (480x269, 11K)

I hope you are trolling

>debian lifeā„¢

>can't find any av1 sample clips works with latest libaom and encoding takes eons

Attached: chronicles.png (1440x1080, 1.47M)

I just want to do 4 seconds from a yuv444 sample video on my core 2 duo for 72 hours straight. Just because.

I actually had to downgrade at work. A newer version introduced a bug on .ulaw conversions to generic .mp4, which triggers at about 2% of all encodes. We have thousands of daily conversions, so...

it doesn't compile with -flto or even weak graphite optimization. Plus its not in the gentoo tree yet

have you filed a bug report?

We've tried to reproduce the issue in a controlled environment (read it as not using production audio with sensitive info from clients) but by crazy coincidence it wasn't happening reliably. Machines were clones.

As we were forced by management schedule to proceed quickly on other stuff, the report is in the backburner.

Hallo sir do you have uwhyrus on your Windows mash-een?

clones, huh
i wonder if there's something about the new version that is causing a hardware problem to surface on your production box but not the test one
was it a data-only clone, or are the two machines in question completely identical?

>open vagene, the movie industry

>MeGUI master race
I'm using it right this moment.
But doesn't MeGUI also use FFMPEG?

It has the option for FFMS2 as a source filter, but it's not very good compared to LSMASH or DGIndex.

it stands for MEncoder GUI, it's a frontend to mencoder (part of the mplayer project)
i'm not sure if they even develop mencoder anymore

I don't think it has anything to do with mencoder anymore. It calls standalone command-line encoders.

Attached: 1521932836627.png (500x443, 221K)

Since I stumbled into a few MeGUI connoisseur anons, can any of you tell me why the OneClickEncoder muxes videos into an intermediate MKV file while the File Indexer method encodes directly without the intermediate MKV?

i just wanna know why i can't use the oneclick encoder to have more than 1 of the same language audio track
say I want 2 english tracks and 1 japanese track, the 2 english tracks have different soundtracks which is why i'd want both included but i can't double up language tracks in the one click encoder settings (or if I want a stereo track and a surround track of the same language, same idea but not as necessary)
the only workaround I've thought of is relabeling the second english track as a different language but even in batch that's an annoying extra step to have to take

May be because the One-click can encode audio and select subs too.

But I encode audio through the File Indexer method too.