Why aren't you making money on the side with your tech skills?

Why aren't you making money on the side with your tech skills?

Attached: c4a.jpg (409x663, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad
indeed.ca/jobs?q=embedded&l=Vancouver, BC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I have zero motivation to use my tech skills outside of my fulltime job

Why haven't you killed yourself yet you pedo degenerate?

because there are 4 other people around here doing that along with 5 businesses within 25KM meaning i would have to be competitive and setup a business and i'd rather just work a full time job instead.

Attached: 1506472490165.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

This
along with BS laws and regulations that make it hard to differentiate

Because I have zero social skills

Because shits over saturated on the freelance side of things and I live in a tech waste land

Always a good idea to start your own business even if it's just for small amounts of extra work you get. Remember that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, relying on one source of income is not ideal

Because i dont have them.

A Karen post...
...A caring post.

A shit post.

>loli
>pedo

user...

Because I'm overreducated and underskilled. Plus since I have a sociopathical personality, people don't trust in me, and I can't give a shit for other people.

Because I make more than enough money at my work with my tech skills.

>i cant because i am le akward xD
hahaha just fucking talk to people it isnt hard hahahah

Attached: 1507369919386.jpg (700x554, 255K)

But I do talk to people. I just can't stand having to deal with their bullshit everyday. I already left two jobs because of that. I despised them so much that I just said 'fuck that' and never got back there ever since.

How is that any better than just getting a job

>just be yourself bro you have autism but you can do it if you're confident enough

How are you supposed to do that? It's not like a know anybody who is going to give a few hundred for writing a CRUD application.

How's that looking on your resume?

what skills

Attached: photo_2018-03-31_16-46-06.jpg (1038x1097, 59K)

>Implying I'm not

>sociopathical personality, people don't trust in me
If people don't trust you, you suck at being a sociopath.

heh.

But user I am

f2pbp

What are these skills you speak of? SaaS and apps are oversarurated and it's hard to differentiate and set up all other aspects of a business. A 9-5 is far easier than scaling a side hustle.

If there's one commodity that's a drug on the market it's self-assessed tech "wizards".
Our school district hired in 100 MCSEs to service the schools. After 12 months they fired most of them and changed recruiters. The MCSEs thought they were wonderful just because they could configure a AD controller. They had no idea of dealing with end-user issues or keeping up a level of service.
Some stayed home when things got tough. Others hid in the IT office and were rude to anyone who came near them.
Few could look a user in the eye and deal with a problem.
Most schools wound up with networks and servers that were so locked down as to be unusable. As a result, the senior boys became reasonably good at hacking.

I think he means psychopath.

that sounds like it'd be work

Attached: i don't wanna do anything.png (500x281, 152K)

Because nobody wants freelance C and I'm not becoming a weblet just so I can work more writing crap I would never want to use.

loli is literally pedo in japanese, senpai

It's so easy to say that whey you are born +8/10 with a whole life of positive experiences and reinforcement

Why do people think only Chads are sociopath?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

Because it's my full time job you fuckin NEET

Attached: 1308715712352.png (800x1008, 87K)

That only works when you are Chad, if not you are a creep ugly rapey ewww

>ugly
This again. I think PUAs are closer to the truth here than Jow Forums will ever be. "Ugly" only matters in your Tinder pic. It's how you carry yourself that matters IRL, which to some extent can be learn and improved.

>just be confident, bro
>it's all about how you carry yourself

Attached: StBlackops2cel.jpg (720x960, 58K)

Jow Forumsincels died, let that abomination die with it.

But I am

Because I'm in Canada, where real underemployment is something like 50%.

(Literally worse than most "3rd world" countries.)

For contrast, pic related was a desirable man who had many lovers in addition to a life-long partner. It wasn't because he looked good.

You can't "just be confident", and I wasn't trying to imply you could. It takes work to become confident, which involves deliberately changing your mind and exposing yourself to uncomfortable situations. Also, I am not trying to imply that everyone can do it, only that some guys could despite their ugly or dweeby looks.

Attached: Sartre_1967_crop.jpg (873x873, 331K)

>real underemployment is something like 50%.
How did that happen?

Fucking little girls doesn't count.
> I am not trying to imply that everyone can do it, only that some guys
>Looks does not matter if you have money or status like "some guys"
wow, it's fucking nothing

Have you actually tried
>deliberately changing your mind and exposing yourself to uncomfortable situations
user? If so, how much and for how long?

Because I already have a real job using my tech skills.

Yes, lets all farm in our backyards too. Ffs. Enjoy working yourself to death.

No freedom of movement with the US, where 90% of the market is. Simple as that.

Can't make a business with only 30/300 million.

Oh course he hasn't. Saying "I'm ugly and that's that" is the perfect excuse to never try. He wants excuses to wallow in self pity, self righteousness, and silent scorn for the world. He will not make it. Not because the world is against him but because he is against the world. The rest of us strive to improve.

Canada is the worst for tech jobs. Reeeeeeeeee

Karen a cute.

Attached: 1502978979635.png (773x859, 745K)

Because I don't have a job and I don't want one. I'm not saying I never will, but yeah, it looks that way. HTH, OP.

Canada is the worst for any jobs. I literally don't know any countries with worse underemployment, period.

I have a job that gives me enough money and I don't want to waste my free time doing useless shit for retards.

we're working ourselves to death either way senpai, entertainment is just a distraction from progress. Better off working yourself to death for yourself than someone else. Don't get played

Vancouver has jobs out the ass, I've seen some real clowns come in for interviews who've all gotten jobs somewhere in the sector here

This is complete bullshit, and you know it. This doesn't even happen in Toronto.
There are way too few tech jobs in this country, given its population size. That's the problem.

I'm sitting in my apartment in downtown Vancouver, I was off the plane and into a job within weeks, I'm only on 53k but if I waited longer I could have found something better.

My MSP is struggling to find enough people to even get in for interviews let alone enough candidates to hire, the whole city is nothing but offices supporting mining and shipping companies with no where near enough technical people to support the whole thing. BC practically throws permanent residency at anyone with helldesk level experience

Money

>you just did not try enough

Attached: 9vcdhrj509t01.jpg (1083x634, 388K)

Here's the dirty little secret, user: the companies PREFER immigrants over Canadians. It makes things so much easier for them (other than the initial process to get them in).

Try getting hired as an actual Canadian - you won't even get interview invitations, let alone offers.

They're retarded then because they aren't the same thing.

My employer is just some bog standard MSP, no weird visa trickery and I'm the only immigrant they hired. Canadian work ethic (at least what I've seen in Vancouver) is a fucking joke though so it wouldn't surprise me if they prefer foreigners over Canadians. I still don't believe you either way, tech sector at least where I am in Canada is a party

immigrants are usually locked into the job for a while so they can oay you less and treat you like shit, things a citizen could walk away from eithout losing their visa or they know the labour laws well enough to take legal action

Canada sucks. I wish I was American.

you don't speak japanese

Look up the working visa situation in Canada because what you're saying might be true for sponsored workers in the states but it's not true for anyone coming in on an international working visa to Canada. You're wrong here, accept it

Can you list a few companies in Vancouver looking for technical people? I have not been having much luck here.

You'll have to be more specific than technical people, I'd be looking at sys admin shit, just checked indeed.ca and there are several pages of jobs for sys or network administrators

Ah, I'm an embedded programmer with an EE degree, I can't find fuck all in Canada and was wondering how you found it so hot.

Yeah there are tons of those kinds of jobs, but not much actual engineering.

sorry I'm not up to speed on development, still looks to be some stuff but I'm sure you've already seen these. Have you just graduated?

indeed.ca/jobs?q=embedded&l=Vancouver, BC

Yeah I applied to everything and no response, guess it's just my resume or they all want experience.

Graduates always have the short straw, best of luck finding something mate

I plan on starting my own business of tech repair / helping elder to learn how to Google, to work after my full time work and weekends but I'm afraid this will degrade the relationship with my GF...

You can only take so much out of your relationships,careers and health. It's a constant balancing act, best to talk to her about how it might strain things and make sure she's onboard or at least forewarned first.

>tfw burgerland canadaphile
You're shitting me. I figured Vancouver was saturated af

Attached: 1372727189937.jpg (387x357, 12K)

Low self-esteem, i guess. I've used to make some money as a teenager by fixing computers and setting up home networks for friends of my friends and their friends, but then i started college and kinda dropped it. Now i have one google play app and i've never bothered to even add ads - i mean who cares, according to dev console it has 1000 active users or something, what's that, a dollar per month?

I feel like whatever i do is not worth real money. Making some stuff for free and getting praised feels nice though.

Attached: 1520209817192.png (214x213, 87K)

I dont do anything on the side because I dont have any valuable tech skills and have nothing to be on the side of.
Im a high IQ hermit virgin who has failed at life entirely.

the truth is that I don't have any skills worth money

I go the opposite route, personally. I half-ass my job- or rather get things done in about 20% of the time I pretend it takes- spending most of my time doing personal stuff, and pretend that I'm working at maximum capacity while still getting paid a more-than-respectable wage.

What kind of personal stuff?

>mfw another recruiter calls