Reddit redesign

this is actually pretty nice. will it bother you when they take away the option to use the old design?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 326K)

fuck off with leddit

>being a redditor
kys yourself

reddit is the new facebook
Jow Forums is the new reddit

bloated and broken

damn...

Facebook is the new Jow Forums

I wish we could get a Jow Forums redesign with upvotes too

what's the point of discussion this stuff on Jow Forums? Are people still doing this "look at me I baited reactions" thing?

is it like with the youtube redesign, ie everything is a lot slower than before for no reason?

Why don't people lurk for 2 years minimum before posting anymore, /prog/?

Are you implying, that facebook is good?

Yes

Well it's really hard to make it worse than it was before

no, Jow Forums is the new reddit, reddit is just a universal replacement for forums, and Jow Forums's culture is permanently dead.

There's already a new Jow Forums, as Jow Forums is now reddit, get with the times. I'm not gonna mention it though as I value post quality more than anything nowadays and things being slower reminds me of older days.

>muhh sekrit club

kys retard

>implying Jow Forums was every good
BOI

Attached: BOI.jpg (372x248, 21K)

The problem with Reddit is that it has a gay fucking karma system alongside user profiles where you can easily see a persons entire post history.

This means that dissenting opinions are quickly downvoted into oblivion, and everywhere quickly becomes some kind of faggot circle jerk where everyone tries to post the same benail jokes, tries the same queer quirky 'le monkey face' faggotry, or the same (and easily the worst) faux-intellectual smugness.

That is why Reddit is cancer.

Jow Forums is the polar opposite, everyone is anonymous, tripfags are usually hated so identities are impossible to ascertain. Dissenting opinions are publicised due to the (you) system, and most importantly, we're not liberal faggots.

Now fucking kill yourself redditor scum.

* Ability to view posts without changing page

Dislikes:

* Longer load-times due to javascript bloat
* No more subreddits at the top of the screen
* No ability to sticky the side-bar with subreddits
* Removal of parent link in comments
* Have to open a menu to access "my profile"

Overall a pretty decent redesign

>will it bother you when they take away the option to use the old design?
No, I'm not a Reddit fag

Facebook is the new MySpace you mean

>we're not liberal faggots.
Fucking Jow Forumstards that try to fit in.

Ding, Ding Ding.

This guy right here got it right

[insert pun]

Better than other shitholes.

but Jow Forums is for retarded americlap boomers from reddit

Attached: 1498351036297.jpg (438x561, 143K)

Reddit sucks because the voting algorithm. It's literally just %upvotes. A comment with 99% upvotes will always be ranked above one with 90% upvotes. Even mildly controversial opinions effectively get censored. It highly encourages conformity seeking.

ITT: rEeEEeeeeDitt sUcKs
Also, love the new redesign.

The entire anti-reddit argument is that they're so tame and PC that they're wierd and boring. A lively seasonal anime thread on /a/ is out of control anons describing sex with each character, talking shit about the show and the other girls and shit. Jow Forumsanime instead sells handy tips on who directed the OP and ED, paragraphs of autistic lore explanations and shit jokes about penguins having cold feet for upvotes. It's like they're so afraid of their posts not being 100% marketable and helpful they're limited to shit watercooler smalltalk.

And I thought the old design looked terrible.

it's not nice. it's wasting pixels

Well I guess I'm NEVER playing fortnite

Fucking trash. So much wasting space, it's slow af, so white it burns my eyes.

Fuck off. You won't get upboats here.

>Whoa! Now it follows the same design aesthetic as the rest of my favorite social media platforms!

Attached: 2034985-243.jpg (639x472, 104K)

>see OP screenshot
>someone got upboated or something because giving away xer switch to xer cousin
I mean, why? Why post it online? For what purpose?

Attached: 1524204671120.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

Brutal but true

Attached: 1518804719280.png (704x540, 270K)

If Reddit is the new Facebook and Jow Forums is the new Reddit what is the new Jow Forums?
Facebook?
>all these dank memes on facebook
>all the shitposting on facebook
Woah!

This. My normie friend recently became heavy redditor after college. Having never used another forum in his life, he asked me why I hate it so much and I just told him it trains you to think a certain way to maxmize karma which stifles actual conversation and expression. He completley agreed, but can't stop using the site.

oi why'd ya deleet it

Did they make it an infinite scroll like normiebook? Absolute cancer. Didn't think they could actually make the site's design even worse. Is everyone who touches reddit just totally incompetent at everything they do or something?

How much Karma do you guys have?

Attached: Untitled.gif (1340x673, 118K)

What a stupid fucking question.

Attached: 1499109650985.jpg (200x200, 7K)

You sir get 4 Chan gold internet point won the internets. Polar opposite like a polar bear hahahahaha lol. But really, Reddit is the toilet seat and 4 Chan is the toilet water. Facebook is the excrement

meant for

Attached: 981323.jpg (1230x362, 169K)

Jow Forums may not be what it once was, but by its format, both in anonymity and in the refusal to ban anything that isn't illegal, spam, or objectively off-topic, it will always be better than some onions-infused hugbox; which is what any place that rewards agreement and non-confrontational tones will inevitably become.

Pretty much this. There's fads, groupthink, conformism, and hivemind here, but it doesn't form around virtue signalling or social justice. No one cares if someone says something controversial because there's always someone saying something controversial. I never saved any gore or cp gifs, but I understood the perverse value of having people on the site who were willing to in order to keep outsiders from ever, ever once considering that this site could be their safe space. No one participates here to feel like a good, productive, useful member of society; we come here to revel in the vulgar trash of the subconscious, at that's for the better. This site makes the users more self-aware and more conscious of what people really are deep down, whereas plebbit just reaffirms broader social values and a facile sense of cooperation. This place is still 50x more onions than it was ten years ago, though.

Virtue signalling

stop using trash websites to show off that your human garbage.

hurr durr

Reddit is way better for technological discussions. You don't have to scroll through 9999 AMD vs NVIDIA vs Intel threads to read about real tech
I think reddit succeeded because they have "subreddits" to induce more topic focused discussions, meanwhile technology is a very broad term, so it involves everything from blatant consumerism to videogames

Jow Forums failed, i accepted it, and migrated

reddit will never be an acceptable website as long as they have that stupid ass alien thing as a mascot/logo

(You)pvote

Does the left side bar just auto populate then? You have no control over what goes there?

Agreed, Jow Forums excels in independent discussion because nobody has an identity, so everyone can post anything, no matter how offensive it is to anyone else. This is a great thing, first, it encourages independent discussion, second you can view things in other's perspective, because of the independence of thought.
The only thing reddit excels in is more focused discussion because of their 'subreddit' system. Here on Jow Forums we have everyone, the audiophiles, homescreen faggots, csg consumerist whores, dpt guys, sqt shadow consumerist advice thread, and the eternal, endless brand wars. Those are the i hate the most

0/10 plebbit fails again!
4chin rulez! 4chin stronk!

Attached: Reddit Gone Wild - Fappy Good Time - One Million+ - Mozilla Firefox.png (2386x1398, 341K)

go back.

I think 4chn could use a redesign, it'd be nice to have Jow Forums x features built in, upload multiple images, and the ability to open threads without leaving the catalog.

Just login, mate.

Attached: gone wild reddit.png (891x659, 35K)

>login

Does kys stand for kys you're selve?

Look at all those awful threads.
>I gave away my Nintendo Switch for a cause
>Celebrity dog name puns
>chain email tier gif of someone watersliding
>the funniest band names if they were literal

Attached: 1512409001073.png (633x758, 34K)

The front page is always full of retarded shit. But that's not even the worse thing. Reddit has become too popular and now every popular post gets 2k comment. Who the fuck has the time to read that shit. Especially when most of them are fucking those retarded chain puns.

Reading it via Slide is still better.
>inb4 using reddit, ever
Yes, I use reddit. But that's because Jow Forums doesn't have thread about mobage that I play.

thats a really good pasta. But this shithole is worse in every way to reddit, at lest on reddit sometimes there is actual discussions.
And i've been here for more something like 10 year.

Looks more like a mobile site

There's more discussion here than there ever was before, it's just that the ratio of shitposting to discussion has gotten worse. If Jow Forums has taught you anything, it should be how to filter out memes and shitposts.