Why does he need 6 IDE's open, Jow Forums?

Why does he need 6 IDE's open, Jow Forums?

Attached: silicon.valley.s03e03.720p.bluray.x264-demand (0003).png (1280x720, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYa5lhM3Ndw
matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/c-series/c900/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because he's an incredible badass, obviously.

But..there's this feature called tabs..

desu i hate that widescreens became the meme. have to move my neck now.
two widescreens is too wide, but 2 normals is just right.

it's less about screenspace and more about having another window where i can have my stackoverflow without switching tabs

>he can't write 6 things in parallel
Do you even multitask

you cant look at 2 tabs at once can you

check mate muslims

thats like saying you cant read 2 books at once. why the hell would you need to? takes a split second to switch

takes even less time to just move your eyes a bit

all THAT FUCKING BLOAT
GOD DAMN

IDE IS FUCKING BLOAT
XORG IS FUCKING
FGUCKF UCKF CJSD
B;FNK;DN;OD F;DF
[DN;DGNDDGGL[
NG
L[NFD
[LN
'DF
FDGUVK
GUCVK

GUCK
FUKV

Because it's a tv show. I have 2 at most, and that's only for rare cases.

Holy shit.

I want this setup.

How much would it cost?

Nobody actually leaves a window floating between two monitors, right?

not expensive at all really.

they look to be about 27'' monitors, probably 1920x1080, 60hz = $200?

$200 x 8 = $1600
$100 table
$100 keyboard
$1800 total.

I'd be more concerned with the electrical cost of having 8 monitors on 24/7

I'm not sure about that. An Nvidia card only supports 4 monitors at the same time I believe. Not sure if it was 5 for the 1080 Ti. Don't know about AMD

Well, I doubt he's using a powerful GPU. Why would he? His work doesn't involve needing a GPU outside of the display monitors.

All the processing is done in the cloud, so his specs don't need to be high or anything.

The better question would be why are some on multiple displays at once

I'm just saying, I'm not sure if there's even a way to connect 8 monitors to a single PC without sharing a window between some of them. If you look at the background images in the OP pic you can see that he doesn't have 8 individual desktops, instead he has two (look at the wallpaper pattern).
The first three monitors share one screen and the other four monitors are sharing another screen. If you're going to be sharing a screen between several monitors, you might as well get one single bigger monitor.

you could do it with 2 computers

>Don't know about AMD
September 2009, AMD released eyefinity. It was capable of powering six screens. NVIDIA followed with Surround around June 2010.

>I'm not sure if there's even a way to connect 8 monitors to a single PC without sharing a window between some of them.

Two cards.

youtube.com/watch?v=tYa5lhM3Ndw

9 monitor on one card.

matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/c-series/c900/

>Two cards.
I’m just saying that the setup in the OP doesn’t have 7 screens, it has 2 screens shared across 7 monitors which is completely different

Nvidia surround combines displays, it doesn’t give you individual screens like you get when you plug in a second monitor

Why am I seeing Photoshop ans Atom opened ?

since when did billy mitchell started programming/hackering

Maybe he masturbates a lot and needs 5 photos of big hairy cocks open while he programs using the 6th screen

>no arch
>no i3-gaps
>no anime wallpaper
>no neofetch
>no Jow Forums in a browser window with minimal UI
did this faggot even read the ricing guide?

that setup is embarrassing honestly. what's worse is the disorganized little windows everywhere. also this guy went to my high school

debugging shitty microservice architecture. 6 IDEs is a bare minimum.

Look at that gap between 5-6.

4-5

This. The rest of replies on this thread are NEETs. I need 2 1440p or 5 FHD monitors for eclipse, docker, kafka, sentry, osticket, irc and other meme technologies. Using tabs is just fuckin annoying and makes me want to slap one of my employees across the face

if i had so many screens i would keep all my unfinished site projects code open too.

Because if he didn't try them all how could he shitpost about each on Jow Forums?

Attached: 0ys6a08cels01.jpg (4032x3024, 498K)

Fkn rekt.

I only need 3 screens max

database
ide/text editor
browser for procrastination

Is that fucker using top instead of htop? What a massive faggot.

Who the fuck would want this?

I have three 4k, 28 inch monitors.

Have the screen space of 12 hd resolution monitors in three monitors.
Actually fits on my desk
Can see everything without awkwardly turning my head
Fuck you

Sperglord

this guy doesn't code

Obviously, it is a staged photo made by people who never used a computer themselves.
There is a ton of screen space not being used.
There are windows who span over several monitors which might happen once by accident, not 5 times at the same time.
But as for why you would ever want to run several editors, you need to understand that programmers don't spend a lot of time writing code compared to how much they spend reading code.
It is very useful to have different windows to show different things if you have the monitor setup:
When implementation is split over several files, it is beneficial to see it all.
When you see compiler errors/warnings or log output, it is nice to have a giant window with as much information as possible without having it hiding the implementation where the errors are coming from.
If you are looking at how it should be implemented, it is good to see the documentation on a screen.

All boomers and OGs in the industry use top instead of htop. It also blew my mind after realising

Attached: lrg.jpg (500x661, 114K)

are you retarded?

Interesting. I notice that on weekends wagecucks who actually program for a living provide realistic replies

Is Silicon Valley worth watching?
I am an engineer but I don't like nerd culture much.

Can you stop choking on a dick for one second? Faggot

Monitors use computer signals, not electricity moran

This guy fucks

I enjoy it, mike judge works on it so its less abut "tech jargon " and "nerd culture" as its humor, but from the characters themselves and how they interact. Give it a shot

I thought it was going to be a big bang theory clone but I really like it.

Because he's posing for a picture and has to make it look like he is some hacker.

>all that unused space
>having stuff spread across monitor boundaries making them shifted because the monitors aren't even aligned right

I can only imagine the neck strain.

>need
what is it with you fags saying "why does he need..."
Fuck you faggots and your fucking desire to take everything away from everyone else
Have you never gotten over that one time your mother told your bratty 5 year old ass "no" to getting another bag of fucking cheetos because you were a little fatass?
What if i went around asking "Why do you NEED that iPhone? Why do you NEED that Onions milk? Do you really NEED all those marvel comic tee shirts"
Get off my board you pile of statist filth

If you want plot don't watch it

>All the processing is done in the cloud
How gross!

>in the cloud
just call it a server, jesus fuck

I usually have 3-4 open, I have gotten up to 6 at one point. I open up an instance per repository I'm working on. I've been managing with 2 monitors though, but I think I'm going to upgrade to 3.

He is probably writing code that requires two different files/programs/threads communicating between each other.

God, I hope not

Get an ultrawide, it's basically like 2 almost square screens side by side without a bezel

Its an inside joke for reddit and/g/

When I'm refactoring legacy code I like to have a copy of the original open.

He only wrote the first episode but the show certainly retains that Mike Judge feeling. Office Space was another example of a Judge thing where the technology is only incidental, and is presented...loosely.
I did read that the movie OS used in Office Space was an intentional mish-mash of Windows and Macintosh design cues because the movie was supposed to represent the most generic American office, so really that goes to explain why ALL the specific work details in the movie are vague and never really delved into.