Paying more than 100$ for a phone

>paying more than 100$ for a phone

Attached: 1507483926815.png (406x452, 30K)

>paying for a phone
Unrelated, anyway know how to reset the password for an iphone? My stupid cousin locked me out XD

No duh you're talking about a phone and not a smartphone.

>being so poor that you can't afford few $ more on a massively superior product that lasts for years.

Attached: 025ry4giivq01.jpg (960x696, 153K)

iPhone5S reporting in.
Cost $0 + $75 to fix broken screen.

Give it back Jamal

>spending more than $30 for a phone
social media is for normies

XD gib it back tyrone lolz

>lasts for years
hehe

>Not paying 200 for a Chinese phone with the specs of a 600 dollar Japanese phone
Absolutely chong

Both android and IOS are really shitty platforms that have nothing that requires actually good processing power.
Going cheap is indeed the way, AS LONG you also invest on something you can swap the battery.

>something that you will use daily and carry around all day, needing to be reliable at all times
>too poor to pay to get a good product

Attached: 1524305292115.png (190x266, 5K)

Why is Mr Burns eating a turd

>his entire life revolves around his SmartPhone
normie detected

mine's 80$ Pakistani phone

>paying more than 50$ for a laptop

> working in IT
> money is still an issue
you're doing it wrong pajeet

well I'd rather have a S8 (with no updates) than some kind of Cuckomi Mi8 in 4 years. One will still be functional, the other one will be unusable and possibly broken because of garbage components.

>Caring about how other people spend their money

Attached: 1524112815476.gif (500x281, 1.86M)

>paying for anything
lmao dumb wagecucks

>something that you will use daily and carry around all day, needing to be reliable at all times

It's actually kinda worrisome if this is what a smartphone is for you.

I always hear people around me mentioning waiting for salary to buy something/do something.
Granted I live in Poland and our IT salaries are not comparable to US at all, but I still manage to put aside and save around 2000€ every month. It weirds me out that people with similar positions have to wait for salary.

>he does not leave his mom's basement

>books/languages/courses on the go
>maps
>translations
>whole world knowledge in your pocket
>every piece of digital content you own through cloud
>communication with people all over the world who you actually like
>shitposting on Jow Forums
>literally whole package of entertainment in your pocket
>camera so good, the whole budget segment of dedicated cameras is dead

>not enjoying using all of this
>denying the advances of technology to feel superior
>muh "live your life"

Attached: 1522102219101.jpg (1512x2016, 941K)

You should try leaving the house more than once a fortnight.

being constantly surrounded by all of that makes you appreciate it less

>actually tries to defend being addicted to smartphones
>"lmao dude man you need to be connected to the net all the time man, my friends need to be able to reach me every single second of the day man i'm so important"

Lol

The S8 will be unusable?
t. S6 user with pretty unresponsive touch screen

>Expensive=Good

Attached: 05CBB556B54D4BFE823FDDBD4A241575.png (629x504, 36K)

Well some user's have Wife/Kids to support to. Kids are expensive as fuck and a Wife, well, she can reach into/drain your wallet to. Just think supporting a kid ( or kids) for 18 years, plus forking out to help with college exp later. College is expensive as fuck now, just wait to see what it'll cost you in 18 years.

I just thought I'd let you know that I have an iPhone X

fix your phone
galaxy note 2 here and it's perfectly responsive aside from taking a second to wake after pressing a button

Attached: Screenshot_20180421-065215.png (720x1280, 85K)

I use my phone for hours every day. I like having a good camera.

yeah, I understand when that comes from a family man, but those are all not married/without kids.

No. If you're jerk then yes, tho.

>using properitary means

>Cuckomi
Was it a reference for "Americans won't buy Chinese things because China is our enemy" crap?

Anyway, Chinese phones are for poor people indeed. For me, for example

This.
I bought my first smartphone when I was 20yo, and life was quite shitty before that.

prepaid phones are cheap replacements for contract holders, i recently retired a blackberry for a iphone se, everytime i get a more up to date phone, i have to cut my sim card even smaller...

Attached: happy.png (984x679, 773K)

>Poland
>put aside and save around 2000€ every month
weak bait

ITT: no logical discussion.

>a Wife, well, she can reach into/drain your wallet
Only if you're too onions to properly manage her subhuman propensity for parasitism.
Fucking dropping test levels is letting the broads out of control and leading to the decay of our proud nations. Our forefathers would've wept if they could see what we've become.

Bought my Mi4 less than a year after release for ~100$, still works perfectly. Thing's fucking unbreakable too, dropped it on concrete just a few hours ago.

>well I'd rather have a S8 (with no updates) than some kind of Cuckomi Mi8 in 4 years. One will still be functional, the other one will be unusable and possibly broken because of garbage components.
How do you know this?

I get paid 16k pln.
That's 11k after tax, rent is 1550, rest of the expenses sums up to around 1500 as well. So I have 8k or 1918€ with current exchange rate left if I don't make any extra purchases.
Obviously you don't have to believe me but it's not like I care.

Attached: Screenshot_20180421-144940_Gallery.jpg (1078x1209, 176K)

1550 rent, ~1500 everything else.
11000 - 3000 = 8000 / 4.17 = €1918

Attached: 20180421_150939.jpg (1080x1160, 154K)

>2600 europesos / mo
>Poland
nice salary man, whatcha doin / for how long?

Apple still supports 5 year old iPhones

Which Android phone 5 years old still received updates and security patches that isn't rooted

I'll wait.

>he thinks an update to slow last years model down is "" "support"""

Attached: tstpnuq741t01.jpg (750x848, 94K)

>few $ more

I've replaced the battery on my 5s when it was only $29 through Apple. It was necessary since the battery was 5 years old already

It's considerably quicker

>What is 11.3

It is your own fault if you get a woman that uses "house-work" as an excuse to not work her entire life, they are not worth it and will keep you poor until you die.
>falling for the college scam
Let me tell you how it should work: College is for people with a lot of money to throw away. Don't in-debt yourself with it, it is stupid and generally not worth it. You can get a good life without going to college, even if you are in a shithole with no decent free education like America, you can just go to a technical school a couple of years and get that money back in no time later.
Or move to a country where college is financed by the government (I get in plenty of places in Europe is like this).
It is preferable to pay a bit more in taxes but having the liberty to go to college without throwing thousands or hundreds of thousands. I assure you, you will end up spending much less in total, but it requires a more selfless system that some people of course don't like so much.

>books/languages/courses on the go
That's what kindles are for, if you read entire books in a shitty smartphone screen you'll go blind before you turn 40, don't say I didn't warn you.
>maps
fair
>translations
ok i guess, only if you are traveling all the time, how many people do?
>every piece of digital content you own through cloud
what is that so useful for on the go? I rarely need that when I'm not at a computer, its fine, but exaggerated its relevance
>communication with people all over the world who you actually like
ok
>shitposting on Jow Forums
>being a phoneposter

>literally whole package of entertainment in your pocket
if you are a literal normie perhaps, the only entertainment I can stand in my phone is some casual online chess
>camera so good, the whole budget segment of dedicated cameras is dead
phone cameras are absolute garbage unless you buy the most over-expensive phones, I mean wow a $800 dollar phone camera is on the same level than a budget $80 dollar dedicated camera? That sure killed cameras! Stop being a clown.

>you need a smartphone to stop being miserable
And I thought I was sad, but you win all the awards for sure.

>It is your own fault if you get a woman that uses "house-work" as an excuse to not work her entire life, they are not worth it and will keep you poor until you die.
leeches gon leech mang

If you leave home, you're out doing something, right? What purpose do you use a phone when your out doing shit? Or do you have some anxiety issue where you can't look at people, so you have to look at your phone to pretend your in your own world?

Typical Jow Forums poorfag

I paid 600aud for a Oppo r11 last October no regrets

>Get into accident in the middle of nowhere
>There's still feel reception
>Your shit phone keeps dropping the call before someone answers

>get into accident
>your iphone made out of glass bouces against something
>screen completely smashed and unusable

>paying

found the soiboi
i bet you also have a 40% mechanical keyboard and a "retro" thinkpad

>That's what kindles are for, if you read entire books in a shitty smartphone screen you'll go blind before you turn 40, don't say I didn't warn you.
fair point for reading but good luck doing Coursera, language courses or literally anything that includes video materials or some interactivity on a Kindle. And I'm not carrying 10 specialized devices with me if the improvement they provide is marginal.
>ok i guess, only if you are traveling all the time, how many people do?
some people travel, some people move, some people meet foreigners. It's not useful daily for everyone but it's there.
>what is that so useful for on the go? I rarely need that when I'm not at a computer, its fine, but exaggerated its relevance
>remember something and want to show a picture/photo to a friend
>"ugh let me just bring it to you on a flash drive from my home server"
>being a phoneposter
>not posting from under your blanket

>if you are a literal normie perhaps, the only entertainment I can stand in my phone is some casual online chess
What kind of entertainment can you do on a PC that you can't do on a modern phone apart from gaming? Movies, series, reading, (((you)))tube, casual drawing. Obviously PC is superior at home but "in your pocket" is a key phrase here.
>phone cameras are absolute garbage unless you buy the most over-expensive phones, I mean wow a $800 dollar phone camera is on the same level than a budget $80 dollar dedicated camera? That sure killed cameras!
to see a noticable improvement you'd have to spend at least 300$ on a camera and get something like a rx100 and then carry it around everywhere with you. Otherwise any high end phone above 500$ will be on par or slightly worse. Well no shit it costs more, it also has a computer attached to it. $600 phone will do everything better, faster and more convenient than $200 camera and a $200 phone.
>Stop being a clown.
no

desu house work is quite important, guess you can pay her or make a rent deal for it

I have been using an iPhone 5S for the past 4-5 years and it still serves me well.

I'm not sure whether I'd want to move back to Android, my last Android phone ran Gingerbread so it would be a bit of a pain trying to re-learn the OS, plus I'd not have my iTunes library with me on the go either...

Just bought an s9+

>cheap==good

Attached: 1512326955080.gif (618x894, 21K)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 still stronk. The battery has degraded a lot for which the power bank is connected otherwise functionally and performance wise still same as it was 6 years ago.

Attached: 20180422_003017~01.jpg (2556x1581, 535K)

>1998
>get called a loser for using the computer 24/7 by normans
>2018
>get called a loser for not using a smartphone 24/7 by normans

I have one with cm13 and it works bad, I use it only as a pdf reader and sometimes for Netflix

The irony in posting an image with shit while advocating the exclusive usage of shit primarily because you're poor.

I pay whatever the fuck I want.