When all is said and done, you have to admit that of all the tech corporations Alphabet / Google is the least evil one...

When all is said and done, you have to admit that of all the tech corporations Alphabet / Google is the least evil one. At least it stands for open source, it's friendly to GNU/Linux (funding its development in major ways), creates cheap, accessible tech (for the most part), great software, yes, it runs ads, but they are not as (((invasive))) as Zuckerberg's, they are minimalistic, and you can download all of your data and choose what they gather or not. In addition, they themselves see ads as "necessary evil" to raise funds but will no longer rely on it as they are transitioning from an ad/search company to an AI company (as CEO Sundai Pichar said). They are spearheading artificial intelligence development with DeepMind and Google Brain. They share almost all of their research for free (TensorFlow etc.)

It's hard to say that all they do is bad for this world. Things are not black or white, good or evil. There's shades of gray. I'd say it's mixed, but there's more good than evil.

Unlike Facebook where there's more evil than good.

Attached: googlee.png (585x593, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9906771/Nazis-may-have-killed-up-to-20m-claims-shocking-new-Holocaust-study.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jow Forumsoogle are our/g/uys, except for their (((diversity))) political agenda, that sucks... but when it comes to software, they are better than others.

Tell me the truth, if one company were to develop AGI (artificial general intelligence) and by consequence achieve domination in the markets, would you rather it is Alphabet, Apple, Microsoft, IBM, or Facebook?

I think most people would say Alphabet.

Kill yourself rainbow-haired gender confused sandnigger

Thank you for taking the time to share that valuable contribution to the discussion.

Comparing the "evilness" of Google to small-time players like Facebook is really stupid and makes you look clueless. You can avoid Facebook entirely. You can't avoid Google unless you become a luddite. Google does contribute a lot, but that really doesn't mean they don't do shady shit behind the scenes. They have to maintain petabytes of data, serve content to the entire planet... Where do you think they're getting thier cash? Charity? Do you honestly think their ad business alone brings in enough revenue with the increasing use of adblockers?

Google analytics, google+ buttons, google apis, nearly every webpage on the internet has at least one of those. Chrome is the most popular browser. Do you think they'd just let all that data sit and go to waste?

It took a fortunate accident for Facebook to finally come out as a datamining operation. Do you think Google has to fear it? How would people find out about it? Via a google search that Google controls and can hide/filter out uncomfortable stuff as it pleases?

Woke as fuck

Attached: download-2.jpg (225x225, 5K)

No u you pasty white amerifat

>It took a fortunate accident for Facebook to finally come out as a datamining operation

this is what people hear when they don't understand the shit that's being said

>It took a fortunate accident for Facebook to finally come out as a datamining operation. Do you think Google has to fear it? How would people find out about it? Via a google search that Google controls and can hide/filter out uncomfortable stuff as it pleases?
Are you implying Google is funded by the American government?
It's a tinfoil-hatty idea.

A million fucking times this.

>someone fuck{s,ed} those
absolutelydisgusting.jpg

>It's a tinfoil-hatty idea.
You really think it's a strange idea? Schmidt is paid to chair the DoD's Innovation Advisory Board. Jared Cohen's entire job is to handle Google's 'work' with the government. There's not an uprising in the Middle East he, and by association Google, hasn't been involved with.
It isn't even a new thing, or just a political thing. The NSA pays for search functionality (who else would you turn to when you're searching petabytes of data?). The pentagon pays for Google Maps, which was bootstrapped from an NGA/CIA project. You'll find plenty of leaked emails referring to Google as an important part of the defense industrial base. Let alone how important PRISM is. They stuck a fucking advert for Kerry's Google Hangouts session answering questions about why the USA was going to bomb Syria on the front page.

>What Lockheed Martin was to the twentieth century, technology and cyber-security companies will be to the twenty-first.
>Eric Schmidt 2013

Being kicked in the face is better than being shot in the face.
Both are bad.
Google is bad.

>view image
>read till "least evil one"
OP that's a contradiction and you're a faggot

Out of the ones you mentioned I would prefer IBM

Alphabet, Facebook, Amazon and Oracle are pure Evil.

Microsoft has lost some of its evil edge

IBM is actually not that bad.

>When all is said and done, you have to admit that of all the tech corporations Alphabet / Google is the least evil one.
>It's hard to say that all they do is bad for this world.
It's easy to say that their core business, advertisement is bad for this world.

IBM literally helped kill 7+ million Jews in gas chambers: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust

isnt IBM currently busy retiring all their long time and older employers with shady tricks?

Don't worry, it wasn't you.

Actually make that 20 million: telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9906771/Nazis-may-have-killed-up-to-20m-claims-shocking-new-Holocaust-study.html

>implying thats a bad thing
>only mentioning the jews since us education didnt talk about the other people that died

your point?

Google was founded on the same business model as Facebook: mass surveillance of users.

They're not even making a secret out of it. Check out the Chrome logo which is an iris lens diaphragm which symbolises a camera that is watching you.

Also, have you noticed how their nexus phones always have that dark top side that is like a panopticon that is watching you? It was made like that by design, to signify that their business is mass surveillance.

They think you are a slave to them, you're only worth to them as much as your data is worth. And your purpose in life is to live and make them money.

Attached: Chrome_surveillance.png (2200x1000, 172K)

>Hey Google, detonate my bomb

I thought the same as you until I worked for them for two years in two different locations.
They started good, but now they're completely evil.
Working there has a lot of advantages, but in the end everybody just working overtime and trying their best to get higher. 5 out of a 100 uses those fancy relaxing places you see in the images, if you have work to do, you're working, and if you're done you leave of course.
There are some parts where it's not that bad, but the android division is a corporate nightmare. Every developer knows the problems are piling and now they should rewrite the whole thing from zero, but managers are keep demanding features and that's why even google's own android phones are buggy (still better than IOS).
Properly implemented, the anrdoid OS' performance could increase tenfold at least.

Google stopped using the "dont be evil" motto.
Google now has many projects for the military, some scary stuff too.
Whatever they say, they work closely with the government and all of your data is easily accessible by them.

Google is by far the bigges hidden evil company, and sooner or later this will be revealed and clear for everyone.

>people can use technology to do bad things! ban technology!

Google are doing the most politically bias and destructive shit in SV.

>Hey guys, am I edgy enough for Jow Forums yet?

At this point I'll take apple and Microsoft over the others. And I say this as a Linux user with no apple products. Maybe because neither of them really have an ad business, although both have many sources of data.

Android is more evil than Facebook

>Microsoft not having an ad business
you clearly haven't used Windows 10

>Every developer knows the problems are piling and now they should rewrite the whole thing from zero,
is that why they're making Fuchsia?

They sold their ad businesses to AOL. They don't have one anymore.

Attached: pure evul.jpg (1817x810, 87K)

I mean look at their sources of income. By percentage ad income is very low compared to alphabet and fb. But you're right, I've not used it.

>Google releases Chrome OS, everything is a Web app that can run on any OS
>Progressive Web Apps get announced, native app functionality on any OS with a browser
nice, glad Google is supporting the idea of an open Web!

>2016-present
>Chrome OS gets Android support, Web apps on Chrome OS become irrelevant
>Android Instant Apps becomes the next big thing, PWAs aren't even mentioned and get brushed under the rug

okay, standard vendor lock-in practices seem to be in place, move along.

doesn't seem to change the fact that Windows 10, a product you're expected to pay good money to use, has ads plastered all over it

Oh no, not diversity!

Your economic anxiety is showing

Google is evil. They're doing a little bit for open source (the bare minimum basically), but they're TAKING much more from open source than they're actually GIVING.

Guy is right.

Also that thing that came out where Google employees were mad because their work was being used for drones or DoD Mideast mapping or whatever (I can't remember, maybe you do).

the fact Chromium is open source hardly means anything when they're the ones who set themselves standards withing WHATWG. Mozilla just doesn't have the manpower to keep up and Google knows it damn well. Google simply keeps on throwing features at Chromium, trying to kill Mozilla (and the Web) off by saying "the standards are there, it's a shame Mozilla doesn't bother implementing them... guess we're going back to native android apps, eh guys? ;;;;^^^))))".

and they use that as the reason to forget the Web and to go back to milking (and expanding ) the money cow that is Google Play, where they have full control over what apps you can and can't run. Apple has been doing the same thing, except they haven't been two-faced about it.

Attached: Capitalism,_ho!.png (482x600, 162K)

But I didn't pay for windows 10. I paid for windows 8. Then I upgraded, for free, to windows 10 knowing that "free" often means "ad-driven".
All these stupid fucks thought free of charge meant free as in freedom. Idiots.
I removed all of the candy crush/Minecraft shit from the start menu.
>windows didn't stop me from doing this
I removed all of the windows store apps/tiles.
> windows didn't stop me from doing this
I turned off every telemetry/diagnostic data that I could.
> windows didn't stop me from doing this
I've been using it for literally years now, and have never had any problems.

go back to Jow Forums

you activated my almonds, sir

Attached: save me from this ad riddled hell.png (1360x768, 727K)

it's not relevant whether you got Windows 10 through the free upgrade or not, because those who paid for a Windows 10 licence still get shown ads. my Linux desktop was also free of charge, yet i'm not seeing any ads.

i moved to Linux because as soon as i saw what Windows 10 was like, i knew there was no guarantee that i can leave my desktop as is for several days and expect to find all my programs still open, no guarantee that i can turn off automatic updating and restarting, remove all the built in ads, remove telemetry, without the fear that it will all be thrown right back at me when i install the next update. glad you seem to have found ways to make Windows 10 work for you, but i wasn't going to get into a fight (with my OS) which i know i can't win.

Boy, you ain't seen the half of it. Ads are the dominant lifeform on Earth now, and we're just carriers.

Attached: CleLYT3WIAAkRwi.jpg orig.jpg (2048x2048, 290K)

>When all is said and done, you have to admit that of all the forms of cancer skin cancer is the least evil one.

> having something to look at besides the guy at the urinal's dick is a bad thing
Spotted the gay